Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone here have any starter items for an Enchanter for sale? Been saving up my plat from saving belts, etc.

othree

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Pretty sure Luclin.
For some reason I'm thinking chat channels got implemented towards the end of Luclin / beginning of PoP, and weren't directly attached to any expansion, more so just a feature that was randomly added in.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
I didn't realize how crowded / active this server was until I checked out the EC tunnel during primetime. EQ definitely does not cull the number of on screen players :p

Also, everything's camped, always. Maybe that changes soon (I'm low 30s), but every dungeon seems to be highly populated. At least it makes group finding easier! And when I can't, the fun part of being an Iksar is not caring about faction. Hello solo HHK guard kills for quick exp.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
I didn't realize how crowded / active this server was until I checked out the EC tunnel during primetime. EQ definitely does not cull the number of on screen players :p

Also, everything's camped, always. Maybe that changes soon (I'm low 30s), but every dungeon seems to be highly populated. At least it makes group finding easier! And when I can't, the fun part of being an Iksar is not caring about faction. Hello solo HHK guard kills for quick exp.
How is everything camped? Every time I go to sol A to PL there's literally no one ever at gnomes. They're fking amazing exp and so easy!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
those gnomes are so annoying to kill when you're close to their level, though. them and the clockworks both have really high MR. it was nearly impossible for my 45ish paladin on red to keep them rooted when i was working on the Armor of Ro quests. they ended up causing a train almost every fight when they ran off. i ended up having to pull them way over to the Sol A zoneline in the west part of the zone just so i'd have enough room to chase them as they ran off.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Leveling on live, I would duo with my Iksar shaman + RL Iksar monk friend on those clockworks. Great exp. Those are always open on P99 as well! But yea they can be magic resistant. TICK TICK TICK TICK!

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
tillin is on qeynos guard faction, which is relatively easy to raise by slaughtering gnolls... however, he's right next to a Steel Warrior faction GM, which is pretty hard to raise. i think certain evil races start out dubious to the Steel Warriors tho. what race/class is your dude, chak?

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
agnostic DE chanter and innoruuk DE cleric. both con threatening to steel warriors. I'm good with an illusion but gf will just have to kill more gnolls. There doesn't seem to be a way to turn in fangs without getting splattered by the steel warrior npc unless you can shrink and LOS.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
those gnomes are so annoying to kill when you're close to their level, though. them and the clockworks both have really high MR. it was nearly impossible for my 45ish paladin on red to keep them rooted when i was working on the Armor of Ro quests. they ended up causing a train almost every fight when they ran off. i ended up having to pull them way over to the Sol A zoneline in the west part of the zone just so i'd have enough room to chase them as they ran off.
Which is why you snare em, not root :p Also, you can pull them to the equipment roomup top and it gives you plenty of run room. Admittedly enc CC onceyou get to the XAs/ XCs is worthless and they need to be prioritized, but pretty much everything else is CC'able. I think most people don't want to fuck their faction.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
was doing it solo on my paladin, so root was my only option =p they drop a component needed for the Armor of Ro quests, which i did all of on Red.... and yeah, my faction got fucked. =/ i always thought it was pretty dumb that they made paladins kill good-guy gnomes for one of their major quests. i don't mind the ruined gnome faction as much, but they also lower your faction with the dwarf rogue guild.... which you have to run past in Kaladim B in order to do a different part of the same quest.

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
was doing it solo on my paladin, so root was my only option =p they drop a component needed for the Armor of Ro quests, which i did all of on Red.... and yeah, my faction got fucked. =/ i always thought it was pretty dumb that they made paladins kill good-guy gnomes for one of their major quests. i don't mind the ruined gnome faction as much, but they also lower your faction with the dwarf rogue guild.... which you have to run past in Kaladim B in order to do a different part of the same quest.
Solos on a paladin, complains about killing slow. Oh, you.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
lol it wasn't the slowness that bothered me with those clockworks, it was the inevitable trains when i couldn't keep them rooted.
smile.png

pally soloing on red wasn't that bad tho. i think i busted out level 45 in like two or three hours. i've got some pretty l33t root jousting skills though.

the recent solo exp nerf has pretty much destroyed any chance that i will come back to red, i think.

maybe someday.

my pally root jousting strategy --

equip Argent Defender (49 delay)
root mob
turn on auto attack
immediately step back out of mob's melee range
sit down, watch my inventory screen, get in a meditate tick
get back up, step forward an inch or two, turn on auto attack to get in a swing
step back out of mob's melee range, sit back down, watch for meditate tick
rinse, repeat

was able to finish some fights with near full health and full mana. the fights were a little long compared to some classes, but when you have no downtime between...

i wish there was a good pally two hander with exactly 60 delay on it, would be perfect for sneaking in those meditate ticks.

i also wish there was a pally race that could equip the Weighted Axe.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
How do you make the client window not stuck in foreground ie Alt Tab not working anymore? I can only minimize via the _ button now and that's inconvenient.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
I personally use Wineq2 to play in windowed mode and don't have that problem at all. Not sure what to say.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
that only happens to me as a bug once in awhile. usually switching to full screen and back out will fix it.... sometimes i have to completely restart EQ though.

if it happens to you every time, then idk.

Chakravartin_sl

shitlord
Is there no way to control the level of your summoned pets? Current pet has a 4 level range and I'm having to chain cast because only the highest isn't a complete waste

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
that only happens to me as a bug once in awhile. usually switching to full screen and back out will fix it.... sometimes i have to completely restart EQ though.

if it happens to you every time, then idk.
My game outright crashes when I switch to full screen
smile.png