Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Heallun

Lord Nagafen Raider
Takes all of 1 or 2 days to PL a char to 46. All this did was make lowbie groups even worse.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I just don't understand why disabling all mq epics would feel classic. People did that shit on classic.
there's not much hard evidence either way about the issue. nirgon can probably explain more than i can. but even if it is true that you could hand in epics pre-46, i would guess (emphasis on guess) that there were maybe at most dozen low level characters of each class that got twinked with epics during Velious/Kunark? possibly even less than a dozen, but either way its gotta be a whole lot less than the number of rogues that had Ragebringers equipped at level 1 on P99....

So after being without a computer for the last year, I just got a desktop back up and running. Someone talk me out of starting back up on this hellhole.
don't do it. seriously. the economy is so stupidly inflated, and the end game is so overcrowded. check out some of the other EQEmu servers, or hold out for Teams99 / Recycle99.

Takes all of 1 or 2 days to PL a char to 46. All this did was make lowbie groups even worse.
seems true. hopefully its cut back on the RMTers that are scrub-tier players, at least. might have also gone the other way and now RMT PLers might make even more money.... who knows.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Evidence was put forth that you couldn't get the turn in for the rogue epic pre lvl 50 for this timeline

My memory stands as perfectly clear that you had to level up, get an epic and delvl to make an epic pk twink for this server's timeline

The others epics followed suit and they were generous as lowering it to 46 across the board

The epics on live also required the finalm ax faction resulting from the sum of completed parts (some quests had parts you could repeat, others did not) and the final turn in nuked it to a level where you couldn't start them again

A bard on Rallos, Melvyn destroyed his epic in an oven and it was confirmed he could not redo the quest so a GM replaced it

In other news the Kith general should always drop his quill for this server timeline

BruuceWarduck_sl

shitlord
You could mq cleric epic at any level. I know bard was 51. I thought there were others you could do at low level but I only did cleric and bst which obvy doesnt apply

Grivyn

Molten Core Raider
Having recently leveled from 0-40 on P99 I can confirm it was rarer to see a rogue without epic than with, of those grouped with epic lowest one was 24 and it definitely made things ALOT easier with a epic'd rogue. Only 25-28kpp was going rate on rogue epic, other classes were higher due to greater difficulty in MQ. Got to early 40's and Velious release before throwing in the towel and waiting for Recycle99.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Recycle99 is probably years away.... its a proposed new P99 server that Nilbog/Rogean et al talked about wanting to create after they finish Velious (Teams99 might come first, too, but the devs have publically said that Red99 has been a pain in the ass since day one, so IDK if they even want to make another PVP server anymore).

it will follow the classic timeline EXACTLY this time, with the exact same time frame that patches/expansions happened back in 1999-2001. once it reaches the end of Velious it will merge into the original Blue99, at which point Recycle99 will get wiped and will start over fresh.

basically like Diablo seasons or something, but P99's version.

bailamos_sl

shitlord
Rerolled an ikky monk. Would like to wait for a teams server but am not sure how many years that could be.

Any of you cool guys willing to let me borrow a fungi until you come back? With how long this server has been around how many fungis are there now? Is it just a few super nerds hoarding everything?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Might actually be worth dicking around during double xp with velious up. Last time there were 50+ in CoM alone.

calhoonjugganaut

Trakanon Raider
It's been packed all weekend in every zone. Managed to get a group in The Hole yesterday but by the time I had to go we had died and I got summoned to some rooftop. Probably gonna need a necro to get me today because I don't even know where I was once I got summoned.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Dicking around on here again, anyone got any spare Ranger shit laying around? I'd appreciate it most kindly. PM me.

Only took a year longer than planned. We talked about this back in Jan 2014 before I left the staff and they planned on changing it then. Wonder why it took so long. Kinda of pointless now.
Seems to be a shift in emphasis on preventing RMT post daybreak.

Siliconemelons

Heard AoW was done by like 4 guilds?
I don't know the details, I know they had a handful of randoms wanting the big faction hit- so free DPS. I think there was the first engage by ramp, then? they camped it? another guild(s) piddled with it "wiped" after 2 tics of regen ramp re-engaged and killed it? I think that's what I heard...I wasn't there I was piddling around with who knows what.

Origin

Molten Core Raider
There's a Fires of Heaven guild running around on p99 blue atm. Any association with peeps from RR or?