Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Rhuobhe

N00b
I started on p99 yesterday. It took less than 15 minutes to encounter a p99 low life in Qeynos. Level 1 naked HE rogue

I asked if they wanted to group and the dude turned hostile neckbeard on me. Said he was going to go "red" on me if I asked him that again. He also started using neckbeard slang I've never heard of. Suckerfish?

I was in disbelief

Dumar_sl

shitlord
I started on p99 yesterday. It took less than 15 minutes to encounter a p99 low life in Qeynos. Level 1 naked HE rogue

I asked if they wanted to group and the dude turned hostile neckbeard on me. Said he was going to go "red" on me if I asked him that again. He also started using neckbeard slang I've never heard of. Suckerfish?

I was in disbelief
Don't make me go red on u bro.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Kanras and Nilbog are putting in quite a bit more work recently, good to see it. There may be hope for spell effects (which are just fucking wonderful on EQClassic) here in coming months.

Really, there's a few mechanics and encounter tune ups that seem minor and small that really have everything to do with making the experience more classic.

They've come so far and really could do a bang up job on Velious and retain their pop over EQClassic, but, given the testing we're doing over there now... they better hurry up!

The only thing they may otherwise completely hold over EQClassic's head is their PvP server, which is entirely a secondary concern of EQC (and obvi p99 too)... but a true RZ implementation day 1 without a bazillion game breaking spells being impossible to resist, factions/guards working and other things... you can't beat that with a stick even if you want to in my book.

HorrorFK_sl

shitlord
I popped on to see what's going on outside the p1999 rants'n'flames. Average of 800 players during primetime and lots of players 1-30 have started up, so groups haven't been a problem. However, it's caused a major price inflation on the market. FBSS, Fungi Tunic, GEBs, all your favorite twink gear. But at least you can grab a lvl1 rog epic for 50k. Have yet to find douchery... But then again didn't find it last time til I tried raiding.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
EQ Classic is absolutely not vapor ware if anyone is still thinking that :p.

YL is in game, and, extremely active doesn't even cover his involvement even after all the god-knows-how-brain-draining development time.

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
But are they hosting a SERVER themselves now? Or do they still plan to release the code for any who want to run it?

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Ok but what about hosting a server? Just because he has an authentic code doesn't mean he wants to/is capable of running a server.

But here's to hoping you all enjoy a corruption free, classic everquest. ([email protected]/* <![CDATA[ */!function(t,e,r,n,c,a,p){try{t=document.currentScript||function(){for(t=document.getElementsByTagName('script'),e=t.length;e--;)if(t[e].getAttribute('data-cfhash'))return t[e]}();if(t&&(c=t.previousSibling)){p=t.parentNode;if(a=c.getAttribute('data-cfemail')){for(e='',r='0x'+a.substr(0,2)|0,n=2;a.length-n;n+=2)e+='%'+('0'+('0x'+a.substr(n,2)^r).toString(16)).slice(-2);p.replaceChild(document.createTextNode(decodeURIComponent(e)),c)}p.removeChild(t)}}catch(u){}}()/* ]]> */)