Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I was never contacted. Some of those numbers went up, but not the 30.

Many decaying skeleton parts were sacrificed to Brell

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
It's soooooooooooooooo crowdeddddd

People calling camp checks in towns ... All the guards replaced by dogs (that kill all the guards).

I sat lfg in a dungeon with 50+ people in it. Nobody said a word for like 30 minutes. Everything was dead. It was creepy.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I just grouped with a druid in solA, neither of us had any idea where we were going haha

He fell in some hole and I died when my pet died and I went to cast another one and ended up with a sword in my hand and a puzzled look on my face

Kaines

Potato Supreme
I just grouped with a druid in solA, neither of us had any idea where we were going haha

He fell in some hole and I died when my pet died and I went to cast another one and ended up with a sword in my hand and a puzzled look on my face

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Meh maps in those multilevel XYZ dungeons in EQ dont do shit. The best way is just to go there and spend some time, inching your way in and learning the landmarks. Later on the in game maps made by people were way better because you had a way to turn off the other Z axis, and it only showed the level you were on.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I'm campin the efreeti now, gimme armband!
freetos.png

Armband I has!

Last edited:
  • 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If any modern day PVP server ever had an anti-PK guild at the top it would be this one. Man that would be awesome again.

• 2Like

Deruvian

Lord Nagafen Raider
That screenshot generally makes me feel better about myself and the numerous idiotic deaths I've eaten over the last few months. Thank you.

Flobee

Vyemm Raider
I've been playing this a bit the past few days. Not sure how long I'll stick around but 7 war lfg

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
That is going to be challenging.

There are three things that are causing group leveling to be difficult:

Limited content at 50, relieved a bit now by the opening of fear, but past few weeks when I went in a dungeon it was all bored 50's solo camping stuff.

Another is a lack of group bonus. XP is alot faster solo or in duos with people that don't take smoke breaks etc. The TLP servers got this right, you need a bonus to make up for all the overhead of the cat herding and afk people.

And of course, overcrowding. Why invite a 5th or 6th group member when you are all sitting around full mana waiting on stuff to spawn anyway? There's no bonus for it so why split it even more?

• 1Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Oh yeah no group bonus and shit

I soloed a paladin to 50 on red I should do that shit again. Solo paladin with the right skills is actually super fucking annoying in PVP lol

• 1Like

kemuel

Lord Nagafen Raider
I justed started up on blue server, level 10 Druid. Name is Kemuel if anyone wants to group or has any spare gear.

Thanks!

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I’m heading back into some training for work and have lots of time during my studying at work and home to twist some EQ back into my life until my wife and I have a baby. I don’t want to TLP again so I’m interested in P1999. I don’t have anything on either server and will be starting fresh. I’m currently looking to play a shaman, enchanter or necro as I’ll mostly be soloing as I level.
Which server will allow me to freely play more? I really want to play Blue because of Velious but since blue is old as hell I don’t think I’ll every get key items on a shaman. How do these classes fair on blue for solo and finding groups? How common are those classes? Which classes are generally in demand? And how good are the leveling guilds compared to Green?