Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Rhuma_sl

shitlord
Kegz doesn't want some random character restored, he just wants to cause a shit storm and possibly get players to go play his piece of shit server.

The best part is, more corrupt and bullshit things happen on his server than in the history of p99.

More than likely kegz made his shitty server to be a corrupt RMTing admin but with nobody playing its hard to sell platinum.

vazdeline_sl

shitlord
Kegz doesn't want some random character restored, he just wants to cause a shit storm and possibly get players to go play his piece of shit server.

The best part is, more corrupt and bullshit things happen on his server than in the history of p99.

More than likely kegz made his shitty server to be a corrupt RMTing admin but with nobody playing its hard to sell platinum.
Well said-- The Sleeper server thread was apparently deleted here too. I knew from the start that box was going to fail.

1) Lack of classic EQ knowledge
2) No integrity from key members of staff
3) unfinished product -critical issues still in game
4) "Holy Grail" screenshots of original EQ spec documents were images ripped off google
5) Heavily modifying/changing player posts/threads on their forums, heavy (and obvious) propoganda and damage control
6) Leader of project already had the reputation of a drug addled cheater from P99

frqkjt_sl

shitlord
It's easy to forget how hardcore this game was. For example...

I'm playing a necro (worship bertox). I needed some bone chips for hunting in karanas, found a nice camp of skels in SK. Cleared it prob. 10 times. Never notice a faction hit.

Decide I need to visit a necro trainer - no problem, run to qeynos. Enter temple of bertox in aquaducts, con the front guards - indiff. Great, not kos, head on in! (The entire Temple of Bertox guild kills you). Run back, see that the front guards on are different faction, everything behind them is 'threatening'. Nice bait and switch.

Do some research, find out this temple is mostly Bloodsabers faction, which I trashed when killing those skeletons (I thought it was like a bandit faction or something). More research: find two easy kills I can camp to fix Bloodsabers faction - stay there til Bloodsabers dubious.

Now not kos, so check out the temple of bertox, making sure to con everything before approaching because I had identified at least 3 different factions down there already. Enter the last room, 3 dudes aggro blind from around a corner. Turns out they are on Opal Dark briar faction, which had also gotten trashed by killing skeletons. My camp also had +opal dark briar, but only from 1 of the 2 spawns, so it improved half as quickly, making me still kos.

Conclusion: a human bertox necro could, just by getting bone chips for his pets in karanas, become kos to every necro guild on Antonica at least. With the wealth of information out there now I was able to fix this, but I can't imagine how frustrating it would be when the game was new....

Kharza-kzad_sl

shitlord
That is the most brutal race class combo I can think of. Most people have no idea how to even get back to their guild once they die/leave.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider

Wait. Please tell me that Systolic = Kegz

Was that him on p99 claiming exploits / gm corruption?

src:http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...d.php?t=114759

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm not sure kegz could spell the word "systolic" correctly, so i have my doubts.

Kegz_sl

shitlord
Wait. Please tell me that Systolic = Kegz

Was that him on p99 claiming exploits / gm corruption?

src:
rrr_img_1999.jpg

Only the mumbles down atm and server is lagging? Better tell the goons to turn up the heat.

rrr_img_36629.jpg

The Kegz does not have time to worry about shitty emu servers that don't open source.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
if you really believe in open-source and transparency, then why do you edit posts on your message board so often?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
nah that's alright. i do miss a few of the guys over there tho. drolgurd was funny as hell in OOC.

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I came in your mumble once to address an issue and you threatened to ban me because I was talking to you about it

You didn't hear me laugh because I didn't have my mic keyed.

But I assure you that I did (laugh).

Kegz_sl

shitlord
I came in your mumble once to address an issue and you threatened to ban me because I was talking to you about it

You didn't hear me laugh because I didn't have my mic keyed.

But I assure you that I did (laugh).
You were banned for cheating bro, its not easy to stand on ground where there is none.

Either way shits off topic, please continue the conversation about me /popcorn.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
What would you guys recommend for a trio that wants to do dungeons? I readthisthread at the P1999 board but I'm puzzled that mez is not mentioned at all. Isn't mez pretty important for CC or am I remembering things wrong? We will probably never get past the low levels (20-30-40), it just takes too much time (my perfect server would be P1999 with 10x times xp and more drops).

I was thinking monk (tank), enchanter (CC, slow, haste), druid (heal, snare). It does lack dps though... We MAY get a 4th player in which case I would add a mage for dps.

Warrior Cleric Chanter. You'll destroy everything.

Get the Warrior some good weapons and they will hold aggro well and do good dps. Druid is nicer for the utility and porting, but their heals can cause aggro issues while the Cleric has HoT's which are much safer. They also get rez which can earn you a few levels over time. And chanter, they can keep the warrior hasted for more dps, they have dots and nuke if extra dps is needed, they can slow everything making it far easier for the warrior and cleric to handle, they can mez adds, and they can charm which can really boost dps. And Cleric/Ench can root runners, or just get in to the habit of nuking stuff on low health.

There are other combos that can work but Warrior/Cleric/Enchanter is just the easiest safest option, you can do anything with that.

EvilLurker_sl

shitlord
How about SK instead of warrior? We won't be doing any twinking so getting the warrior a set of nice weapons may not be easy. Also, at low levels cleric rez is pretty bad, IIRC, so that doesn't change much.

SK would work, but don't change the others, not if you want the best anyway.

Druid is far more fun to play but it just can't match a Cleric. As soon as you end up with a bad pull or a train or something, you'll regret it. The chanter is not a miracle worker, so is not guaranteed to lock down everything. Chances are he will mez a few but the tank is still going to have to aggro a bunch by himself and he is going to need serious healing. And as soon as the Druid starts spamming his ordinary "big heal", the mobs will go for him and eat him in seconds. With a Cleric, you just drop a HoT right at the start and the tank will survive. And the rez is a big deal. The XP return is ok, it might only be about 30% early on, but if you have 3 or 4 deaths it's makes it like one of those didn't happen. But the main thing is that one mistake can kill someone so easily at those levels, and that leaves only 2 people left which can be a big problem if you are in a dungeon or something. The rez brings a dead person straight back and you are back to fighting again in a minute or so. Without that you spend so long waiting for someone to run all the way back to the group and then you have to deal with issues like getting them past all the back spawns.

Same goes for chanters, there are good alternatives just not quite as perfect. For example I love Necros and they can mez too, and they'll have good damage, but they will do nothing to help the healer recover mana, and nothing to help the tank in terms of buffs and holding aggro.

There's a reason the warrior/cleric/chanter was called the holy trinity.