Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Opimo_sl

shitlord
Iirc, only hybrid exp is shared, and even then it doesnt work like most people think it does. If he has 40% penalty it doesn't mean the group equally shares 40%.

There's a lengthy breakdown on p99 forums somewhere but I can be arsed to go hunting on my cellphone.
XP is shared based on the maximum total XP of each member. The group member with the most total XP earned will receive a larger percentage of XP earned per kill. This means that hybrids will receive a larger split of each XP per mob due to the XP penalty. This balances out though, because it forces everyone in the group to essentially level at the same rate.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i think the EXP penalty was originally implemented to discourage hybrids from soloing too much, but it ended up having the opposite effect...

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Exp penalties were one of EQs more dumber mechanics.

Also why cant you train Slate into the tunnel in EC? Shit is not classic and prevents some good griefing.

LennyLenard_sl

shitlord
Looks to be a decent influx of people, already come across a couple non twink noobs.
Quite a number of complete noobs; as in those who never played EQ before. I, myself, have been playing again since June, and have run across a several people in Crushbone and Unrest who are on their first character ever. It's been quite a lot of fun so far.

stankwoo

Silver Knight of the Realm
Is there a rerolled chat channel or anything? I rolled an erudite necromancer. Pretty crazy to start with absolutely nothing nowadays.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Is there a rerolled chat channel or anything? I rolled an erudite necromancer. Pretty crazy to start with absolutely nothing nowadays.
crazy starting with nothing, but you picked a great class for it.

there's lots of Flayed Skin armor floating around since the stuff is HUM/ERU NEC/SHD only. not many people over in Odus/west Antonica though. there's a lot more lowbies over around Freeport, but necro soloing works out better in the Karanas. good luck man, and have fun.
smile.png

Arkael

Lord Nagafen Raider
FFXIV is boring when I'm not raiding so I've been playing this. Haven't played EQ in a long, long time. 12 Iksar Shaman (Arkael ingame) if anybody wants to do stuff. Had some guy randomly drop a Jade Mace on me, then found a merchant someone offloaded a ton of banded armor on, so now I'm wrecking shit in field of bone LOL. Just missing a couple pieces of banded for my full suit. Pretty glad I got a twink weapon, doing shaman under 24 really sucks and I've been having to solo quite a bit.

I duoed a bit with a guy who was playing his first character ever too. He made the mistake of picking iksar SK, haha. Said he'd been playing for 2 weeks and he was only level 8. I explained the xp penalty system to him and I'm pretty sure he instantly rerolled.

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Got a few buddies to join up this weekend. Any word on velious?

Hit me up in game, hanging around nro. Karagg

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
last word on Velious was a few months ago... GM Sirken (who isn't actually a part of development, just an in-game GM) said on his live stream that they were hoping Velious would at least be in beta by the end of the year, and possibly fully released by yearend.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Got a few buddies to join up this weekend. Any word on velious?

Hit me up in game, hanging around nro. Karagg
Actually, I've noticed the server was a bit more bare than usual the last few days. My guess is GTA V might be eating a few regulars.

I usually get more tells for my Shaman for groups. I did have a cool guild, Europa, let me loot my Child's Tear in Fear on my 48 Shaman. Too bad I don't have the friends or guild to finish the quest yet, but hopefully I'll get it done soon.

My Shaman is usally soloing in TD during the day if anyone wants to chat: Ledd. Once I hit 49 I'll have to find a new spot to make some coin. TD is great exp, but crappy drops and money. I made a few K off spectres but no exp past 45 on them.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Gecko: post an app in the News forum ofhttp://azureguard.guildlaunch.com

we do like two shaman epics a week

seems like lately we get a person their epic and then the person quits. but still. we'd get you yours.

edit -- lol just read the last line of your post

i met you the other day in Cazic Thule...

<< 58 warrior, Escapegoat

you're buds with Durothil
smile.png

Moogalak

<Gold Donor>
Anybody got an "ok" 1hs for my boy Horyuken, he is an ogre war wielding a rusty scimitar and he puts me to sleep with his slow ass hits.

Strifen

Molten Core Raider
Bards are the only hybrid that are really worthy of their exp penalty, they can just do so much.

piggvomit_sl

shitlord
just started but confused on the boxing rules- I see people boxing. Unfortunately none of my neighboors have an open WIFI connection =( Anyone have any ideas or applications that might enable this without getting the big ban?