Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

staticthreat_sl

shitlord
I actually left the server 6-9 months ago because of the bullshit raid scene and cheating that was let slide. Now I wonder if it might be worth coming back.

Mesenkomaha_sl

shitlord
Isn't it time to either wipe this thing or launch a new server? Banning the whole server from raiding, despawning and manually popping mobs, shit is fucked up.

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Rogean disappeared around 5 yesterday, and apparently he is the only one who has manual ability to repop mobs.

Supposedly they wrote a script to automate repops on simulated patch days each week, and it didn't work. Previously, Rogean had popped mobs manually when there was a "simulated patch day".
Rogean really does not get enough credit for the server setup. It really isn't far from LIVE, and I think they try to keep everyone happy and keep hands off which is admirable. The problem is the raid scene really needed intervention or TMO would happily keep on gearing up even more alts and completely destroy Velious from week 1.

I hope there's fresh blue server with Velious release.

In regards to my comment about supply and demand, my point was things are bought and sold based on arbitrary prices looked up on a wiki, and not just who needs what and how many of said item are out there. Fungi's could actually be worth more. Many items should cost far less, as the supply in the economy is huge compared to the playerbase but people are sheep.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
The problem is the raid scene really needed intervention or TMO would happily keep on gearing up even more alts and completely destroy Velious from week 1.
So, not that I'm defending socks full of poop here or anything, but what exactly did you expect the top end guild(s) to do with several YEARS of Kunark? Just sit there and do nothing until Velious showed up?

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
So to fill people in why the raid suspension is back on:

2 of the GMs got together with the hardcore guilds (unknowingly) and came up with a proposal in about 30 minutes, came back to the casual guilds and said "This is how it's going to be" and the casual guilds thought it was something GMs + Rogean decided so grudgingly accepted it because they didn't know their was an alternative.

Come to find out, Rogean had no knowledge of any of this because he was working a 16-hour shift - after he got back he was told by the 2 GMs that every guild had agreed to this proposal but then he found out that the casual guilds (basically 7 of the 9 guilds in the discussions) didn't really agree so the suspension is back on.

So, not that I'm defending socks full of poop here or anything, but what exactly did you expect the top end guild(s) to do with several YEARS of Kunark? Just sit there and do nothing until Velious showed up?
Allow the other raid-ready guilds on the server to have some kills so they can complete their epics and maybe try out VP instead selling the epic MQs for 100s of thousands of plat or gearing up their 4th alts with gear.

Instead they monopolized every raid mob for going on 2 years now. Because of variance, the only way to compete with TMO and FE/IB is Poopsocking or leveling up your own army of alts - that's retarded and not classic.

This isn't like a live server was in 1999-2001 - everyone has access to more info than before, and there are 9 raid guilds stuck in one expansion as opposed to a real classic server that had maybe 2-3 guilds max at the bleeding edge, with new content coming out every year to allow other guilds to kill the previous expansion content while they moved on.

Rogean got tired of TMO being huge dickbags to the other ~1000 raid ready players on the server and thus he is forcing change.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
Like I said, not defending them. I think they're full of shit (quite literally, I'm sure). It was this bit that irked me:

and completely destroy Velious from week 1.
They were going to do this anyway, alts or no. It's VELIOUS, for fuck's sakes. Nothing is a mystery anymore.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Anything that fucks those insufferable cunts in TMO is good with me.

Siliconemelons

I really should write a history of the raid scene in p99, maybe alkorin can help me with some of the stuff I have forgotten- even kins can come back from his RMT funded private island filled with hot asian chicks to give up some of the back end dirt.

But...really... if you trace the "root" of all the shit that is the raid scene...it really is... Xz

and its also only about total in all the time, 6-8 people that are real asshats that got into power positions in various raid scene dominators throughout the years.

Reiker

Golden Knight of the Realm
So to fill people in why the raid suspension is back on:

2 of the GMs got together with the hardcore guilds (unknowingly) and came up with a proposal in about 30 minutes, came back to the casual guilds and said "This is how it's going to be" and the casual guilds thought it was something GMs + Rogean decided so grudgingly accepted it because they didn't know their was an alternative.

Come to find out, Rogean had no knowledge of any of this because he was working a 16-hour shift - after he got back he was told by the 2 GMs that every guild had agreed to this proposal but then he found out that the casual guilds (basically 7 of the 9 guilds in the discussions) didn't really agree so the suspension is back on.

Allow the other raid-ready guilds on the server to have some kills so they can complete their epics and maybe try out VP instead selling the epic MQs for 100s of thousands of plat or gearing up their 4th alts with gear.

Instead they monopolized every raid mob for going on 2 years now. Because of variance, the only way to compete with TMO and FE/IB is Poopsocking or leveling up your own army of alts - that's retarded and not classic.

This isn't like a live server was in 1999-2001 - everyone has access to more info than before, and there are 9 raid guilds stuck in one expansion as opposed to a real classic server that had maybe 2-3 guilds max at the bleeding edge, with new content coming out every year to allow other guilds to kill the previous expansion content while they moved on.

Rogean got tired of TMO being huge dickbags to the other ~1000 raid ready players on the server and thus he is forcing change.
This is a bit misleading. Most guilds liked the agreement. The couple that didn't apparently had a problem with the fact that there wasn't enough discussion on it (or something). I really don't understand why guilds don't just pass this agreement and lift the raid ban, since it allows every single person on the server more access to raid content (through the simulated repop system). Beyond that, some guilds that weren't even seeing any raid content now have a chance at quite a bit of it. On day 1 of this new raid agreement (before it got rescinded), the A-Team killed Venril Sathir. This was a guild that never really had a shot at anything beyond sky and chardok royals since they (understandably) didn't want to track 24/7, mass recruit, camp out alts, etc.

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
They really should open a new blue server. It would help the current blue server so much, but they just refuse to even talk about the idea.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
If I had a dog in this fight I think I'd prefer a wipe upon Velious release rather than a second blue server... because opening a second blue server doesn't really solve the problem of the first server. People are too cutthroat and competitive to leave and start over while giving the uber guilds their own playground on the original server.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I really should write a history of the raid scene in p99, maybe alkorin can help me with some of the stuff I have forgotten- even kins can come back from his RMT funded private island filled with hot asian chicks to give up some of the back end dirt.

But...really... if you trace the "root" of all the shit that is the raid scene...it really is... Xz

and its also only about total in all the time, 6-8 people that are real asshats that got into power positions in various raid scene dominators throughout the years.
make sure you ask Alkorin about the time he merged Evil Empire with TMO and ruined us
frown.png
frown.png
frown.png

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
If I had a dog in this fight I think I'd prefer a wipe upon Velious release rather than a second blue server... because opening a second blue server doesn't really solve the problem of the first server. People are too cutthroat and competitive to leave and start over while giving the uber guilds their own playground on the original server.
Once you go down the road of wiping, no one will ever trust that server again.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why? They've been running for 5 years without a wipe. I don't think people will automatically assume this is going to be a regular occurrence.

I understand why a wipe wouldn't be desirable, but I think it solves more problems than just opening up a second server.

Siliconemelons

and consult you eya, you where still going strong when DA merged with TMO..or Fusion or whatever the hell it was by then...

p99 is very classic with its crazy EQ dramalama

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why? They've been running for 5 years without a wipe. I don't think people will automatically assume this is going to be a regular occurrence.

I understand why a wipe wouldn't be desirable, but I think it solves more problems than just opening up a second server.
I think it is just easier to start another server and leave the existing one there running. I have heard from the GMs they have tons of money sitting in their paypal donation account and could easily afford on. They had so much money they recently moved to a more expensive data center that was closer to Rogeans house.