Project 1999 - Making Norrath Great Again

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Got to 17 over the last couple days. Holy crap is the xp slow! Gnoll Fang and Bandit Sashes made things easier, for sure. Any advice where to head now? Started screwing around in Najena yesterday, but it was a ghost town. Only myself and a Mage were (unsuccessfully) trying to duo.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
My brother, friend, and I are rolling up on P99 this weekend for a nostalgia trip. Any recommended trios being that I know nothing about the balance of this game?

Gecko_sl

shitlord
Really, just get a healer and a damage dealer and you're all set. There are usually groups to be found.

If you are trioing nonstop, I'd personally go for Monk+Enchanter+Cleric. Swapping the Druid for the cleric gets you ports, SOW, and nice utility at the cost of endgame power. However, it's really easy to find ports ingame from people.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Thanks Gecko. As of right now our only intentions are to play when all 3 of us are on, but would have no issues adding other people. My first thought was going mage necro enchanter, but it lacks heals and utility. I think it's more practical to go with your suggestion though. Idk if we have the willpower to make it to endgame as of right now, so probably going to go Enchanter, Monk, and Druid.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Any druids available to help us noobs get together from different starting cities?
biggrin.png

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Thanks Gecko. As of right now our only intentions are to play when all 3 of us are on, but would have no issues adding other people. My first thought was going mage necro enchanter, but it lacks heals and utility. I think it's more practical to go with your suggestion though. Idk if we have the willpower to make it to endgame as of right now, so probably going to go Enchanter, Monk, and Druid.
necro is great healer.

Pizoi

Golden Squire
If anyone has some good xp groupage going on, or like Crypt or King groups or whatever and you need a 58 Rogue, hit up Pizoi. Been having trouble finding anything for the past few days. Seems like Seb and HS are basically bring your own group, and KC has turned into shit xp outside of the basement at this level. Would love to be able to farm some nice loot or finally hit 60.

I also have a low Shaman alt named Pezy that I've been solo leveling on to help pass the time when I can't find anything on my Rogue, so look for him if you don't see me on and need some Rogue dps.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
especially currently, since they can dispell their heal recourse

that's probably going to be fixed at some point, though
regardless of the fix, for a trio of enchanter mage necro it would be a sufficient healer, even with the level 20 heal, since you're probably not gonna tackle red mobs there.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Any suggestions on where to level at 6? lol most overland mobs in ec are either green or red.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
if you're not alone, go to Befallen. Misty Thicket beyond the wall also should have decent mobs in your range.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Good to know. We are about 10 right now. We're going pretty slow... 2 of the guys i'm playing with haven't played since 2002 and one has never played eq, so deaths are happening lol. We're in crushbone right now, but will probably head to ec soon.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Right now we are Bard, Mage, Necro, Druid, and we have another guy starting as we speak who is probably going to go paladin or another mage. Haven't really decided yet lol.