Project 2002 - The Age of Al'Kabor - release date 3/21/15

Furst_sl

shitlord
Just so everyone is aware, our account creation is up and working. We have the server up now if you want to come check it out prior to our launch date

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
Well considering non of the people running the server are TMO.
seinfeld-George-Costanza-im-out-of-here-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-345.gif

Iance_sl

shitlord
We are 3 days away from launch so I thought I would introduce you to our team.

Project 2002 - The Team Project 2002

We will release 1 last huge changelog before launch, to avoid spamming the forum daily, once we are on our way there will be more frequent changelogs!

EDIT:

We will launch on Friday 03/20/2015 at 5 PM EST / 2 PM PST / 10 PM GMT

There will be a Server launch event at 6 PM EST / 3 PM PST / 11 PM GMT which will be held in the Plane of Knowledge.

EDIT:
Server Launch has been moved up to Midnight EST, the server launch event will still be held at 6 PM EST.

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I may pop in when people are MGB'ing in PoK again. lol Loved getting buffed up and taking on the world.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone unaffiliated with this server playing it that can give a brief review?

Furst_sl

shitlord
I was hoping that someone else would response, since I am obviously a affiliated with the server. I will try to give an unbiased report, we have around 20-40 people playing. We had 60 toons for the launch event in pok.

We only have 1 person that is level 50 right now, with a hand full i nthe 40s. Most are below level 30 right now. Hopefully this helps, we are very friendly.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
I was hoping that someone else would response, since I am obviously a affiliated with the server. I will try to give an unbiased report, we have around 20-40 people playing. We had 60 toons for the launch event in pok.

We only have 1 person that is level 50 right now, with a hand full i nthe 40s. Most are below level 30 right now. Hopefully this helps, we are very friendly.
I've heard some rumblings about problems with bugs, spawn times, spawn numbers, loot drops, etc. I know you are affiliated, but how true are these rumors and how quickly and accurately are they being addressed?

Furst_sl

shitlord
If we are notified about these issues they would be fixed almost immediately. Haven't seen anything posted about them recently, we have totally revamped loot from what it was like on TAKP. Which might be where the rumors originated at.

Everything that has been pointed out too us, we have taken a look into it and adjusted. For example monk mend wasnt 100% after 100 skill (which I guess its suppose to be), that was fixed. Max melee damage wasnt taking in consideration your str, this was patched last night and the issue only came up over the weekend. I think there was mention of not enough newbie mobs in GFay, we put in 20-50 more spawns (I honestly dont remember the exact number). We have a semi large development team, so spawn times/loot/and spawn number changes happen quickly....if someone points them out too us. I wish we could say its 100%, but someone close to 90% I am sure, we all make mistakes we aren't afraid to admit that.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If we are notified about these issues they would be fixed almost immediately. Haven't seen anything posted about them recently, we have totally revamped loot from what it was like on TAKP. Which might be where the rumors originated at.

Everything that has been pointed out too us, we have taken a look into it and adjusted. For example monk mend wasnt 100% after 100 skill (which I guess its suppose to be), that was fixed. Max melee damage wasnt taking in consideration your str, this was patched last night and the issue only came up over the weekend. I think there was mention of not enough newbie mobs in GFay, we put in 20-50 more spawns (I honestly dont remember the exact number). We have a semi large development team, so spawn times/loot/and spawn number changes happen quickly....if someone points them out too us. I wish we could say its 100%, but someone close to 90% I am sure, we all make mistakes we aren't afraid to admit that.
Please submit these changes/fixes to mend and melee damage, with evidence, toEQMacEmu/Server · GitHubif you can.

Side note, I'm kind of a neutral party and rumors are rumors. TAKP has rumors that are brewed up by guilds that play on their server, and since they are virtually the same server content wise, it only seems fair that Project 2002 would have the same rumors that TAKP does about their GM staff. You can't avoid tinfoil hats and conspiracies even if you make a new server.

Iance_sl

shitlord
For anyone who has any doubts about P2002 or thinks that we are virtually the same server as TAK, our change log forum gives a good overview of what has been changed since we've started developing our own server:

Changelog Project 2002

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
For anyone who has any doubts about P2002 or thinks that we are virtually the same server as TAK, our change log forum gives a good overview of what has been changed since we've started developing our own server:

Changelog Project 2002
I thought you guys were contributing back to cavedude's repo in some way... am I wrong in that assumption? That's kind of fucked up if not...

0947049218.png

05142687ab.png

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
yay for fixes, i hope these make it back to TAKP.

looked at the changelog, tho, and saw you guys changed MM's ZEM to 130? i thought TAKP's ZEMs were directly taken from packet sniffing AK.

Furst_sl

shitlord
My understanding we are, database work is completely different at this time.

Jumping to conclusions about this is going to get us anywhere.

From my understanding the project has moved off cavedude's git but that's a separate issue

Iance_sl

shitlord
I thought you guys were contributing back to cavedude's repo in some way... am I wrong in that assumption? That's kind of fucked up if not...
As far as I am aware, all code changes have been contributed back to Cavedude. We have also posted them on the TAK forums. You seem to be a bit out of the loop!
smile.png

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
As far as I am aware, all code changes have been contributed back to Cavedude. We have also posted them on the TAK forums. You seem to be a bit out of the loop!
smile.png
Pull Requests · EQMacEmu/Server · GitHub

I don't see any pull requests from you guys, and I also do not see any posts on the TAK forums from any of your forum accounts.
I'm not out of the loop, I just think it's silly that you wouldn't contribute back to a project with identical goals.