Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
You can almost definitely get away with boxing if you do three things.

1) Use two computers.
2) Use a vpn on one.
3) Separate your characters and camp two different zones

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
S Secrets figured if anyone knows, it would be you.

Why do some peoples item links in EQ look all messed up? Sometimes it miss-spells the actual links, other times it just links a string jibberish characters.

Is this a SEQ or MQ thing?
EQ Items.png

Lumi

Vyemm Raider

Why do some peoples item links in EQ look all messed up? Sometimes it miss-spells the actual links, other times it just links a string jibberish characters.

View attachment 347768

I notice this only happens when the item you are linking came from someone else like if you have someone link you an item in a tell. What exactly code wise is going on I have no clue.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

View attachment 347768
This isn't a SEQ or MQ thing. If you paste the same item multiple times in a message and the message is cut off for any reason, the link itself will display incorrectly.

An example link below, for EQLive:
std::string itemLink = '\x18' + "0114140000000000000000000000000000000000000000009A2067FEZun`Muram Katar" + '\x18';

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
This isn't a SEQ or MQ thing. If you paste the same item multiple times in a message and the message is cut off for any reason, the link itself will display incorrectly.

An example link below, for EQLive:
std::string itemLink = '\x18' + "0114140000000000000000000000000000000000000000009A2067FEZun`Muram Katar" + '\x18';

Why'd they have you in there for that whole stupid ruin the server in every way the toxic casuals want thing

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Why'd they have you in there for that whole stupid ruin the server in every way the toxic casuals want thing
I literally joined because I wanted to see how it'd impact the server. I got access added accidentally and no one had a good reason to remove it.

Seems to be a recurring trend lately. I tried to quit Return of Reckoning and asked them to remove my access. They wouldn't.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Thank you for your testimony.

Some of you really should people watch that UN as it pretends to not be a toxic pile of mismanaged garbage. It is actually hard to look at it's so bad.

Last edited:

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Last edited:
  • 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
S Secrets they are handing in pvp books to use gravity flux or something in the Hate book races.

What you wanna bet I take a ban or suspension for pvping up there and them training themselves as a result?

• 1Salty

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
S Secrets they are handing in pvp books to use gravity flux or something in the Hate book races.

What you wanna bet I take a ban or suspension for pvping up there and them training themselves as a result?

I bet you anything the staff would use any excuse to get rid of the rest of DMO's members from the server, even if temporary.

But I also bet you Rogean or 'bog would overturn any heavy-handed suspensions. If you flag for PvP (a game mechanic in EQ) and you get PvP'd, I would imagine that is qualified as a game mechanic and your use of mechanics present in the game would be allowed.

It has a workaround ingame, which would be unflagging for PvP. They accept the choice of PvP when they turn in their book.

Where's the 'cab when you need him?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
They will use the zone disruption and muh mental health angle like before.

That one guy, Pacatus (Kingdumb GL), crashed his car spamming the GMs about 20+ yr old pixels. Beefcakes told us after he left their toxic disaster guild that aggressively poaches the lessers. It's really funny to me from a distance.

They want to fix their problems but keep catering to the slime that creates said problems.

Seriously go read that UN, it's one of the hardest cringes publicly available. How no one in an authoritative position there doesn't say "okay you're full of shit" speaks volumes. Then look at the amount of drastic midstream server changes. Uth was right :). He always was.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
They will use the zone disruption and muh mental health angle like before.

That one guy, Pacatus (Kingdumb GL), crashed his car spamming the GMs about 20+ yr old pixels. Beefcakes told us after he left their toxic disaster guild that aggressively poaches the lessers. It's really funny to me from a distance.

They want to fix their problems but keep catering to the slime that creates said problems.

Seriously go read that UN, it's one of the hardest cringes publicly available. How no one in an authoritative position there doesn't say "okay you're full of shit" speaks volumes. Then look at the amount of drastic midstream server changes. Uth was right :). He always was.

What's the story behind this, and where can I read the cringe?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What's the story behind this, and where can I read the cringe?
It was "accidentally" erased by channel before the Discord was intentionally deleted by it's founder and owner. There was a great rustling along with it, deserved. Actually there is quite a long story leading up to it too, but I think I know it from the beginning.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I made DE ENC. I'm only up to level 4, but I think I got the bug. 1k pop at primetime is shocking to see tbh. My toon's name is Araxen.