Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
I don't think it was a nerf, think something either went wrong with something on the server, or there's some sort of sanity check style limits in place.

Halflings have a few cheesable quests and some hobbit hit 2 in what seemed like about a minute. Most of the butthurt seems to be from the hobbits so I'm guessing their quests broke the same way the ones in qeynos did.

I mean the quests worked, you got rewards, just no xp.

My guess is that anything spammable has some kind of limits in place. Stuff like bandit sashes and gnoll fangs didn't seem to be affected and still gave alot of xp.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Knowing this server its more likely their friends cheesed it and then they disabled it for everyone else.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Delete eqclient.ini and see what happens, saw some other people talking about something similar

Didn't help.

I have FRAPS running to see frame rate. When it happens the frame rate number in the corner drops to 45 from 50 briefly, so the micro freezes lower the average. Definitely not in our heads. It's mostly a problem because it results in my ending up in random directions when I try to rotate the camera. I recall this problem when I was playing p99 years ago, but it was relatively rare then and now it's happening ~10 times a minute at random intervals.

Was kind of amazed to not find threads about the issue on their forums. Thought it might be my machines but asked around and other people had the issue.

Other than this hitching problem which is driving me crazy, I'm impressed with the launch. Although I did notice a few non-classic things so far: weapon skills starting at 5 and sense heading not capped by level.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Other than this hitching problem which is driving me crazy, I'm impressed with the launch. Although I did notice a few non-classic things so far: weapon skills starting at 5 and sense heading not capped by level.

Shouldn't you be working on TAKP instead of criticizing other emus? :p <3 (completely kidding of course :) hope things have been well over there, I haven't checked in in a minute )

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Hah, well I've been a member of this community far longer than I've been working on TAKP, so I feel inclined to speak my mind here. Was only intended to be a little bit of friendly rivalry. Certainly they could point out stuff about our server as well.

I took a break for Classic WoW. I'm about ready to resume work.

I only bring up the hitching issue because I'd like to hear if anybody had a solution because I'd like to play on Green, casually. As I said, they've done a great job. The client mods and achievement stuff are all really slick. I had proposed something vaguely similar to /list at one point years ago; to programatically enforce a raid FIF rule, before we decided to rotate content. I admit I still have some Project 1999 envy and wish we could be more like them in some respects.

However the last two months have really driven home to me that overcrowded populations don't make for the 'community' that is so desired because everybody becomes anonymous and forgotten in a sea of people. Classic WoW and P99 are victims of their own success in a sense. WoW's mistake was waiting far too long to launch new servers...

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Anyone figure out some kind of substitute for duck to cancel spells? There's a keybind but it doesn't work. I don't really remember how it was in ye olden times.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Isn't there a "Cancel Spell Cast" command you can bind stuff to in the Keybind page? I just bound my Duck key and Stop Cast key to the same button because yeah, I couldn't un-teach myself that Duck wouldn't cancel cast.

Siliconemelons

U rolling in this again Daidraco Daidraco - I assume?

We need just one form bro Guild...

History and all- as technically fish-bait was the start of what is "currently" aftermath on blue and was the longest running top tier lineage.

I think now it's all kinds wish wash on blue...but I haven't been on in forever

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
You would never know! FFs, every god damn regular name I have ever used was taken already. I think there is something up with that, personally.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user