Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
What kind of content changes? Rooting dragons or something else?

Kingdom didn't have bladestoppers or prayers so they nerfed the aggro gain on these items. They made soulfire Paladin only cuz DMO (hi) locked it down.

All of these were the perceived reasons why the other raiding guilds (were a joke) couldn't hang.

The rooted dragons is so it takes much longer for the talented guilds to clear ToV so the retards can scoop up more stuff.

Nilbog stated his goal is to make the server as classic as possible and he doesn't care who it deters or attracts. He's lying about that.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Nilbog stated his goal is to make the server as classic as possible and he doesn't care who it deters or attracts. He's lying about that.

Gotta keep those six figure donation years rolling in

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

forehead

Trakanon Raider
Kingdom didn't have bladestoppers or prayers so they nerfed the aggro gain on these items. They made soulfire Paladin only cuz DMO (hi) locked it down.

All of these were the perceived reasons why the other raiding guilds (were a joke) couldn't hang.

The rooted dragons is so it takes much longer for the talented guilds to clear ToV so the retards can scoop up more stuff.

I won prayers 2 days before the nerf. All I could do was laugh.

• 1Worf

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
*25k USD paypal email notification to Norton Technologies LLC from major whale in rival guild*

Welp there goes that. Payoffs are classic.

• 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
the rathe was rotation, created by the top guild and it purposely hurt everyone except them. they would be in the end zone while 10 guilds would rotate around. imagine getting elementals first while 10 guilds are rotating shit like grummus and mb
That's the purpose of GM enforced rotations - for everyone to see content. If you establish GM-enforced rotations and a guild states, "I want to do The Rathe Council" and there's another guild in line, the other guild gets it when it next spawns, has a set period of time to clear it, and then it becomes FFA.

This works for all content in the game, fyi. There's not a single mob (sans something like Vaniki, who is group content) who would not fall under this category and work with this system.

It may mean your uber-zerg guild may not get 5 Rathe Councils in a row, but the system exists to serve everyone on the server, not one guild.

It also encourages guilds to not compete with each other. P99 players sit there and plot how they're going to make each other fail, while TAKP players help each other by design of the enforced rotations.

I just spent maybe 15 minutes watching a guy named Bellringer on Twitch, he spent maybe an hour or 2 dissecting how a guild was in the right and another one was in the wrong regarding 'petitioning another guild', and I couldn't help but wonder what the fuck P99 players are doing with their time playing there still.

They say their competition is a 'mental illness' that they're proud of. I say that P99 is a pox on the MMO genre at this point. These people do not paint EverQuest in a good light, and P99 needs to have the plug pulled on its raid scene until the classic EQ vision can be restored.

There's nothing rewarding or fun about sitting for a mob's spawn window only to either succeed or fail based on the 'skill' (read: internet connection and attention span) of your 'pull team'. Anyone who attempts to justify it or try and say 'come up with a better solution for competing' as I was told in this guy's stream should really get their priorities straightened; the solution is obvious... either enforce rotations on P99 like what has been proven to work on TAKP, add instancing, have GMs be hands-off (and have the system remain unenforced by GMs), or disable raid content until a better solution can be found.

This 'First to Engage' tagging system for specific content is a disgrace to EverQuest and what classic EQ stands for. Classic EQ is more of a 'traditional pen and paper RPG' but in a 3D game world; most peoples' fondest memories involve the journey to 60, and not the endgame raiding scene.

• 1Worf

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Or instead of all that bullshit. Just be the guild that kills the raid boss first. You know, like classic eq.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
I was a competitive raider so I understand why FTE can be thrilling to some people. I'd prefer some kind of hybrid system so a friendly competitiveness can still exist.

However emus are locked in expansions for years if not in perpetuity, and that makes rotating content make more sense. Simply because every guild can get full BIS even while sharing zones and it provides a reason to log in for years since it'll take longer to get BIS in every slot for the top guilds. If the top guild dominates all the content for multiple years then they end up with nothing to upgrade while the rest of the server is loot and content starved. That's bad for retention. To say nothing of the GM policing required for FTE. Finding competent, incorruptable and UNPAID GMs is near impossible.

Nowadays people play multiple games so raiding once a month is fine to them. The best guilds will still get there first on expac launches and enjoy some weeks or months with a lot of raiding regardless.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Is an open server raid where 400 unwashed retards dog pile Innoruuk really "experiencing the content"?

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Compare that to a server first engage and kill with like 30-35.

Its like watching a movie on fast forward with no sound by comparison as far as an experience.

Whatever makes people feel like "yay we did it". Idk.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
It wouldn't be so fucking retarded if the windows weren't 16 hours. I could see like 2 or maybe 3 or 4 hours at most but having to stay glued to your computer for potentially 10+ hours whenever raid targets are in window is so unbelievably stupid there are just no words. What they should do is just have the raid targets spawn twice as often with small windows but have half the loot.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
thats custom everquest, but hey you might be talking to the right people for that lol

your_mum

Trakanon Raider
That's the purpose of GM enforced rotations - for everyone to see content. If you establish GM-enforced rotations and a guild states, "I want to do The Rathe Council" and there's another guild in line, the other guild gets it when it next spawns, has a set period of time to clear it, and then it becomes FFA.
Yea that makes sense, but my point is a little different. If GuildA rushes to get elementals they are fighting stuff before a rotation is established. Now they get into elementals and begin another round of unrotational mobs, while catch up guilds who didnt poop sock are all rotating flagging mobs and take months to get in.

Idk how it will work on TAKP, for example - who gets the first Grummus? I'm sure 4 or 5 guilds right now on TAKP could kill Grummus day one.

I assume the first set is all FTE. So GuildA gets Grummus as a FTE. GuildB asks to be put on rotation and they get the next one. Meanwhile GuildB since they lost Grummus are now doing hedge flags and get the first TT. So GuildA now asks to get on rotation for TT and get the next one. That will probably work out nicely.

I guess in my example on the rathe server is kinda mute because back then people weren't bombarding bosses on the day the expansion launched.

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
Oh thats simple. Just make a EQ UN discord channel where everyone votes on exactly when and how you are allowed to raid. Just like Brad intended

• 2Worf

Bellringer

Trakanon Raider
I just spent maybe 15 minutes watching a guy named Bellringer on Twitch, he spent maybe an hour or 2 dissecting how a guild was in the right and another one was in the wrong regarding 'petitioning another guild', and I couldn't help but wonder what the fuck P99 players are doing with their time playing there still.
😄

• 1Salty
  • 1Like