Project 99 - Green Server announcement

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
The retarded scum managed 1 GM awarded sleeper key despite destroying all the classic content they said was the problem. One since Velious launch, which should be 0.

Pop is under 500 on a Saturday with the warders still up.

Some of the worst mismanagement via corruption I've ever seen.

They refuse to make the radius of light items classic or implement stamina drain and those mechanics after a decade. Stamina was in, then removed due to corrupt donors whining. This project's over and failed, I tried.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Make another pvp server so we can punch through your corrupt dev shit like wet tissue paper

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Finally got enough of an urge to play eq again, but not enough to want to give money to daybreak so I am starting new on blue. Roll 1, iksar monk, lots of dying was had just trying to do anything. Roll 2, iksar necro, sooooo much more fun.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Getting that itch again. A lightning storm damaged "something" in my box months ago, which leads to random but brief internet drops on my desktop which kept me away.

But I think I got enough $$ out of this old desktop and its about time for a new one. Old dino like me just likes to take it ez in the old zones. Yall can have that ultra raid shit.

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
If you find a classic EQ community let me know. Too bad about Yeahlight, he'd have been done by now.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
If you find a classic EQ community let me know. Too bad about Yeahlight, he'd have been done by now.
If you can stomach Planes of Power and boxing, just go to TAKP.

Shit's more 'classic' than P99 mechanically, and the exp formula from that era means you can be a person's 4th in a 3box and they get more experience anyways.

• 2Like

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
If you can stomach Planes of Power and boxing, just go to TAKP.

Shit's more 'classic' than P99 mechanically, and the exp formula from that era means you can be a person's 4th in a 3box and they get more experience anyways.
I miss my TAKP fam.

Definitely anyone that hasn't tried it and still has an itch for Classic EQ should at least give it a shot. Really strong community despite being a 3-box server.

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
the exp formula from that era means you can be a person's 4th in a 3box and they get more experience anyways.
Hobart bungled the exp group bonus code when he tried to implement the late Ykesha era group bonus on Al'Kabor around 1-2 years after the server launched. The massive bonus starting at 4+ group members is simply an implementation error on his part, not some era accurate feature. That is why I wanted to correct it but was very outvoted because everybody wants easy mode.

The correct early Planes of Power era experience logic is +2/6/10/14/20% and the correct bonus logic after June 2003 is +20% per extra member with the 6th being 'free'. When Sony increased the group exp bonus in June 2003, they also reduced the PoP zone ZEMs to compensate. AK and TAKP had/have the higher ZEMs, so experience gains on AK and TAKP were/are highly inflated compared to the era.

• 2Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Hobart bungled the exp group bonus code when he tried to implement the late Ykesha era group bonus on Al'Kabor around 1-2 years after the server launched. The massive bonus starting at 4+ group members is simply an implementation error on his part, not some era accurate feature. That is why I wanted to correct it but was very outvoted because everybody wants easy mode.

The correct early Planes of Power era experience logic is +2/6/10/14/20% and the correct bonus logic after June 2003 is +20% per extra member with the 6th being 'free'. When Sony increased the group exp bonus in June 2003, they also reduced the PoP zone ZEMs to compensate. AK and TAKP had/have the higher ZEMs, so experience gains on AK and TAKP were/are highly inflated compared to the era.

Easy mode and grifting

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I dunno man I check the population on green 99 sometimes and it's under 300.

Once the trust fund babies move on they will shut it down.

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
I dunno man I check the population on green 99 sometimes and it's under 300.

Once the trust fund babies move on they will shut it down.
I mean, you're checking at like 4am which isn't really accurate. They're still getting like 700ish at prime time and plat is still worth 10$ per 1k. I don't play it anymore, I just sell stuff for friends on ectunnel.com. As cancer as the server is, it's not going anywhere anytime soon.

Last edited:
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
I've been checking since your last post and am yet to see it over 600, with who knows how many afk in EC or at char select.

Blue wasn't over 500 and there were 200+ in EC doing nothing.

Excidium

Trakanon Raider
I've been checking since your last post and am yet to see it over 600, with who knows how many afk in EC or at char select.

Blue wasn't over 500 and there were 200+ in EC doing nothing.
I just started up on Green as an ogre Shaman. I see there is a FoH guild. Anybody on the forums in it?

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Lumi was doing well with selling plat, he might know more. I've cut ties over corruption and lack of interest in making a truly classic server. They've done the opposite in fact in many cases and been quite underhanded about rooting dragons etc (said they wouldn't then did, over donations).

• 1Solidarity

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm in the guild, but I forgot who invited me. He was a really good dude. It's been awhile since I've really played. They monitor the thread here, so I would just post your character name on the forum here.

• 1Like

Lord Fiender

Potato del Grande
The p99 experience was pretty enjoyable. Definitely scratched any itch I had regarding the good ole days as it were. Then I found myself on a fully geared Necro with ss wyvern shoulders, fashion quest tunic to boot for my chanter, waiting for my roll on skargus in droga, poop socking CT and tov, bound in pom etc and finally noped out. Might return someday to rule dmoo on green on my chanter ptah. Don't get your hopes up though.