Project 99 - Green Server announcement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
That post was a week ago and you were doing it again today and you're not even in the affected guilds. Utterly bizarre fetish but it seems to make you happy at least.

• 1Pathetic
Reactions: 1 user

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
That's the purpose of GM enforced rotations - for everyone to see content. If you establish GM-enforced rotations and a guild states, "I want to do The Rathe Council" and there's another guild in line, the other guild gets it when it next spawns, has a set period of time to clear it, and then it becomes FFA.

This works for all content in the game, fyi. There's not a single mob (sans something like Vaniki, who is group content) who would not fall under this category and work with this system.

It may mean your uber-zerg guild may not get 5 Rathe Councils in a row, but the system exists to serve everyone on the server, not one guild.

It also encourages guilds to not compete with each other. P99 players sit there and plot how they're going to make each other fail, while TAKP players help each other by design of the enforced rotations.

I just spent maybe 15 minutes watching a guy named Bellringer on Twitch, he spent maybe an hour or 2 dissecting how a guild was in the right and another one was in the wrong regarding 'petitioning another guild', and I couldn't help but wonder what the fuck P99 players are doing with their time playing there still.

They say their competition is a 'mental illness' that they're proud of. I say that P99 is a pox on the MMO genre at this point. These people do not paint EverQuest in a good light, and P99 needs to have the plug pulled on its raid scene until the classic EQ vision can be restored.

There's nothing rewarding or fun about sitting for a mob's spawn window only to either succeed or fail based on the 'skill' (read: internet connection and attention span) of your 'pull team'. Anyone who attempts to justify it or try and say 'come up with a better solution for competing' as I was told in this guy's stream should really get their priorities straightened; the solution is obvious... either enforce rotations on P99 like what has been proven to work on TAKP, add instancing, have GMs be hands-off (and have the system remain unenforced by GMs), or disable raid content until a better solution can be found.

This 'First to Engage' tagging system for specific content is a disgrace to EverQuest and what classic EQ stands for. Classic EQ is more of a 'traditional pen and paper RPG' but in a 3D game world; most peoples' fondest memories involve the journey to 60, and not the endgame raiding scene.
Literally every other server of every other game is better off with P99 players all playing together on P99, IMO

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
That post was a week ago and you were doing it again today and you're not even in the affected guilds. Utterly bizarre fetish but it seems to make you happy at least.
Guy legitimately seems happy being the post "The Man Show" Jimmy Kimmel of P99. I can't blame him for having fun, but I can judge him for basically castrating himself.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Literally every other server of every other game is better off with P99 players all playing together on P99, IMO

The degenerate cucks like this can have their "big donations for undoing classic EQ mechanics" server

They pussed out hard making light sources enormous and with the classic marble UI

They will never touch the stamina mechanics either or change bolts to be anything but a retardedly moving custom glowing black stone graphic. Bard stacking is another one.

After a decade it's obvious. Thanks for the laughs.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
I don't care about any of his opinions but all those bros should probably get him a death sentence.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Truth!

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider

Daybreak agrees. During the talks with Rogean for the agreement they mentioned they want certain players to stay where they are.

Namely red99, but it was open-ended.

• 1Worf

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Daybreak agrees. During the talks with Rogean for the agreement they mentioned they want certain players to stay where they are.

Namely red99, but it was open-ended.

Ya well all those people are off of red and many are on TLP. So he did a great job there too.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
All you nerds over dissecting the weird % of p99. The point of p99 is to just relax and see/play old school EQ. Not to get into all this drama and other bullshit. Jesus christ. I guess this is why I'm an Enchanter, so I can just go do dungeons by myself for a few hours and relax. I love that there is a place that I can always go back to to experience the old zones and just listen. I'm not a psycho that gets over invested and gets into guild drama in a 22 year old game.

Go watch and see him chill and play. That's how you should play p99. Not like a weirdo.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Bruuce

Blackwing Lair Raider
All you nerds over dissecting the weird % of p99. The point of p99 is to just relax and see/play old school EQ. Not to get into all this drama and other bullshit. Jesus christ. I guess this is why I'm an Enchanter, so I can just go do dungeons by myself for a few hours and relax. I love that there is a place that I can always go back to to experience the old zones and just listen. I'm not a psycho that gets over invested and gets into guild drama in a 22 year old game.

Go watch and see him chill and play. That's how you should play p99. Not like a weirdo.
yeah this works if you want to go to zones/camps that are out of the way from any current or meaningful camp. if you dont understand why there is drama/bullshit when you have to sit in 3 day long lines for a camp or participate in an EQ UN discord channel in order to raid, idk what to tell you. Thats not even mentioning the blatent gm/guide corruption that has plagued the server from day 1. Server is a cesspool

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member

Go watch <snip> and see him chill and play. That's how you should play p99. Not like a weirdo.
Fucking THIS! This is what the best fun in EQ is.

When I tell people to go outside that are in the raid scene, it's so that they may someday come back from out there and have appreciation for the simpler parts of EQ like this.
Game is an absolute blast to play in smaller numbers. I can't fathom playing the game in a large raiding guild ever again.

P99's raid scene forgot that you play games to have fun. Not... whatever the fuck P99's raid scene is. It's like a second job and a trainwreck you can't look away from, because you're actually in the trainwreck.

• 1Like
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 1 users

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I don't think it's illogical to get upset over seeing p99 so mismanaged, as it's over-the-top blatant whoring of IP that we hold sacred. S Secrets , remember our red99 stint w/Mario Speedwagon, Vitality, Flex, Lachius, etc..? Those were some EQ experiences done right. I think you were part of the kedge seahorse charming group when we ground out 40s/50s right?

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I always wondered what happened to him.

You guys should just come to Mischief

ismaris

I always wondered what happened to him.

You guys should just come to Mischief
I have a really hard time playing EQ without PvP. Played Vallon Zek to Zek, and Red99 was a blast until it wasn't. Right now getting ready to give new world a go with my old EQ guild.

• 1Barf
  • 1Like

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
I don't think it's illogical to get upset over seeing p99 so mismanaged, as it's over-the-top blatant whoring of IP that we hold sacred. S Secrets , remember our red99 stint w/Mario Speedwagon, Vitality, Flex, Lachius, etc..? Those were some EQ experiences done right. I think you were part of the kedge seahorse charming group when we ground out 40s/50s right?
I was part of the Bear Caves red group. That was some USDA Organic, Free Ran fun.

EQ needs more of those condensed experiences. Those were more fun than actually playing pvp on that server.

• 1Like

ismaris

I was part of the Bear Caves red group. That was some USDA Organic, Free Ran fun.

EQ needs more of those condensed experiences. Those were more fun than actually playing pvp on that server.
The threat of pvp enhances the PvE as well though. You gotta stay frosty and occasionally you get to fuck somebody up with a charmed seahorse (if they don’t have pumice stones).

• 2Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Vitality still bowls if you live out that way, and still plays PoE's in new seasons. You can reach out to him pretty easy :p.

• 3Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Shit, will try to remember to load PoE for the next reason and rich base with him.

Forgot he played poE