Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Zaide

TLP Idealist
I mean you banned me in your chat yesterday for telling you this shit isn't worth playing lol. Fucking A you're such a tool.
Are you the retard who bragged about RMTing? I try to keep the sub humans out of my chat.

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
We nerfed the inflated ZEMs that were present in Al'Kabor and the ones that were adjusted Late Velious / Early Luclin are gated to that era.
SolA had the Paludal bonus, as did Crushbone in packet collects - we were able to track those to various expansion changes and dev quotes. They were 1.6 in those packet collects.
When we did math to reverse them, we ended up at 1.0 modifier. There were flat boosts over classic, and then there were percentage adjustments.

Those were listed here:

I don't want to focus ZEMs to each timeline perfectly - sometimes they would fuck something up and overnerf it, like LOIO. Then they'd revert that later. So we're going with the effective average until 2001, when we'll add in the ZEM adjustments for Velious. Then, we'll do the Luclin superbonuses in that era. Paludal was on par with CB at that point.

We do not have the exp bonus that AK had. So that's 20% less.
We don't have the bugged XP bonus that AK had. We are following timeline for classic -> velious - 2% per group member, ending at 10% for 6. That gets boosted in Velious to 20% (4% per player) - there was a post-LOY bonus that Hobart had added, but he screwed up the implementation and TAKP replicated that. Torven helped me unwind.
There's also the reduced xp on pets taking a share if a single pet does more than 50%. So that's also brutal on top of the above 'bonuses' missing.

When I told everyone exp would be brutal and I wanted people to feel like they had to make an investment into their character, I wasn't joking. It's brutal so you consciously make choices about what alts you level, and what characters you invest into.

I'm a huge fan of the D&D style pnp approach EQ had in mind with its vision, so I wanted to replicate the immersive commitment that players made to their character.

I think we succeeded in that. It also means that bans for ShowEQ, MQ , hate speech and such will sting that much more if you've put a fuckton of time into leveling characters. Doubly so with account sharing restrictions.
So do dungeons generaly have ZEMs at all? im a bit lost (befallen , CB , Unrest , etc.)

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
I mean you banned me in your chat yesterday for telling you this shit isn't worth playing lol. Fucking A you're such a tool.
how do you determine whats worth playing for other people , maybe having a long slow adventure where the journey is the game , is fun for some

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
how do you determine whats worth playing for other people , maybe having a long slow adventure where the journey is the game , is fun for some
Well he was going on about how there are so many reasons to play this and how good it is and then runs to the forum crying about how slow the exp is.

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider

The journey has devolved to basically running to the store for milk. It's the same thing, maybe with more traffic so it takes longer and everyone knows how awesome traffic is.

Sky and vp for 18 fucking months dear lord help me. I love you secrets but throw us casual fucks a bone.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Well he was going on about how there are so many reasons to play this and how good it is and then runs to the forum crying about how slow the exp is.
I don't think you know what crying is. Exp is ultra slow. It's not necessarily a bad thing. You're just dumb.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Do I need to tweak my NVIDIA settings at all for this game? Or tweak the ingame settings?

The game doesn't seem to like when I use my mouse to turn in 1st person.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Do I need to tweak my NVIDIA settings at all for this game? Or tweak the ingame settings?

The game doesn't seem to like when I use my mouse to turn in 1st person.
Mouse camera controls are botched atm. I think it's something that's being worked on. Gonna have to use that CTRL key for your strafes.

• 1Like

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Mouse camera controls are botched atm. I think it's something that's being worked on. Gonna have to use that CTRL key for your strafes.

Trying to debate if a Bard is worth rolling for this server if we have to go back to manual twisting lol...

Woefully Inept

Ssraeszha Raider
This is all I could find in discord chat history regarding any kind of date. Definitely got some suffering ahead for you if this is the timeframe.

Screenshot 2023-10-02 221144.png

• 1Tiresome

Torrid

Molten Core Raider
Exp on Quarm is faster than what it was in 1999 with the removal of class penalties and the quests I investigated are using the higher end of my estimates for what they were, and some of the quests gave higher exp than they should have (Kelethin mail gave 2x what it should have before the nerf) because they were not scrutinized over, plus everybody knows about them and does them. Exp per kill and for level math is very well understood, so that's accurate.

Reducing respawn timers might be a good idea if the population stays this high though

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I have alt bard on P99, and I think as long as you have a mouse with the side buttons it isn't so bad. Using only a keyboard I would say avoid playing a bard.

• 1Solidarity