Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Tilluin

Molten Core Raider
IMG_5827.jpeg

Anyone play EQ on a Mac? If so if this the best way?

I’ve gotten rid of my windows laptop and only have my MacBook Pro right now but I’m itching to play EQ after reading this thread

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
9 months of classic is terrible imo. Classic blows. Kunark is when this game actually gets decent. Change to 6 or even 3 months imo.
Too late to change. I'm not ruining folks' expectations of our timeline.
9 months allows them to fully recoup the PTO they blew on each launch.

Also, Kunark still needs Droga/Nurga/Chardok work done. I still need to revert the planes to Classic era and gate Cazic to the hybrid version of Classic/Kunark/Velious CT, same as inny. Plus, moving drops back to CT from Draco and such.

So, as much as I'd like to, I also want to make sure I have sanity and ability to address issues.
We've hit a ton of performance issues on launch. There are some performance issues I'd like to resolve for future expansions before we jump right into things.

Not concerned if population drops a bit. They'll likely enjoy Kunark 10 times as much as Classic (I generally do, too)

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Siliconemelons

I have a 150$ Black Friday dell that I used to play p99 on and it did a stellar job. But its track pad started to die and we gave it to one of my kids to use and now it is MIA.

I don't want to use parallels because, bleh & lazy lulz.

The game dev port thing they introduced a few months ago for mac seemed like it could be a way to do it- and there is a p99 thread on it, but it still uses a emu

elcaro1101

Vyemm Raider
Is it a stretch to consider outside paw 1 camp, if it is a group of 6 pulling the 8 spawn spots? Was in a group there earlier this AM, and people coming by were upset. I would understand if it was a single bard kiting them all, or single person monopolizing the spawns, but wasn't the case here.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is it a stretch to consider outside paw 1 camp, if it is a group of 6 pulling the 8 spawn spots? Was in a group there earlier this AM, and people coming by were upset. I would understand if it was a single bard kiting them all, or single person monopolizing the spawns, but wasn't the case here.

Usually each spire is it's own camp when this gets busy. TLPs never have people xping the karanas because of how the dungeon xp is and generally camping a single spawn solo every so often is a relic of true classic eq. Entire guides devoted to killing a single spawn every x minutes just to level.

Modern eq is if you're not in sola you're fucking stupid.

• 1Like

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Really enjoying casually playing so far. For over 20 years I've only ever main'ed as a warrior, so playing a necro has been a neat change of pace.

Are there any more serious Euro guilds that have formed so far? I think I saw one in the discord channel that seemed a bit more casual, but nothing beyond that. I'm hoping to eventually get to raiding here, but that won't happen if there's only US based guilds :(

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
Really enjoying casually playing so far. For over 20 years I've only ever main'ed as a warrior, so playing a necro has been a neat change of pace.

Are there any more serious Euro guilds that have formed so far? I think I saw one in the discord channel that seemed a bit more casual, but nothing beyond that. I'm hoping to eventually get to raiding here, but that won't happen if there's only US based guilds :(

I think there's a good EU pop on the server judging from the late night pop. Can prob advertise in EC.

• 1Like

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I thought I saw a Europa tag the other day. They are from P99 Blue, and are the main Europe guild.

• 1Like

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whats the fix for this shit? I've tried the obvious, with editing resolution. Are you people really playing like this?
1696987140058.png

F10:
1696987153820.png

Zog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyways...the real answer is typing /newui and restarting EQ.

newui=TRUE was already in the ini file but it just decided to ignore that entry regardless.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Somehow my shortcut for eqgame.exe had the working directory changed to another drive, and was reading the ini file from the directory I initially uncompressed the files too. It's something to check if it seems like the game is totally ignoring ini changes.

Masakari

<Gold Donor>
How are the raids going to work when a bulk of players hit 50 and you have 500 people wanting raid gear?

• 1Like

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Almost level 12 and got two of the best drops from blackburrow, tried bandit camp but XP is way slower then even killing greens for fangs.

• 1Like