Project Quarm - 1 Box Planes of Power

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else feel like EC tunnel is dead for auctions? I sat there about 45 yesterday looking for some upgrades and found that about 5 people were selling the same things
I sit there for 4-5 hours and make some sales. Don't you want to buy some jewellery?

Last edited:

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I might be an idiot; none of my channel commands seem to be working. /autojoin will give me the message that my channels are set when logging in, but nothing is joined on relog, nothing shows up in /list, /join doesn't seem to work.
Huh. I haven't played this since the first weekend, maybe global chat channels are turned off. Lame if so. I just figured I'd give a nudge for you guys to start one.

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Huh. I haven't played this since the first weekend, maybe global chat channels are turned off. Lame if so. I just figured I'd give a nudge for you guys to start one.
Global chat channels are not enabled until Luclin or PoP (haven't decided between the two yet)

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I've only committed to playing the server casually, even tho it's the primary current focus of my perennial EQ nostalgia addiction. But yeah, chat channels feels like the sort of thing the devs would have wanted in on day 1 if they'd been able to launch with it as a feature. The pros as far as community building far outweigh the cons.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Just remind players that the /ignore feature still works, and let the players control the sandbox...

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Global channels in EQ live I think work fairly well because they have breakdowns based on region, class, or other attributes such that you can get into sufficiently small channels. And they cap the general ones at 400 so it's not like some big streamer's twitch chat ot anything.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Global channels in EQ live I think work fairly well because they have breakdowns based on region, class, or other attributes such that you can get into sufficiently small channels. And they cap the general ones at 400 so it's not like some big streamer's twitch chat ot anything.
Worst case scenario if there's a continual AssHat in a global channel that evades /ignore... Just start a new channel and trust everyone to not share the new name with the old AssHat. Overtime it works out just fine.

• 1Picard
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
A detriment to the server in the name of era accuracy imo
Chat channels existed in Planes of Power. So, not inaccurate, imo.

But, also, global default channels are not accurate.
We won't be autojoining people to alliance like TAKP does. You will have to make your own channels. We will consider any player-made channels to be done at their own risk, and we will not offer support for them - they will fall under general rules though, and players who have their chat revoked won't be able to even use private channels.

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone else feel like EC tunnel is dead for auctions? I sat there about 45 yesterday looking for some upgrades and found that about 5 people were selling the same things
I think this is in part because items are so easy to get. With the dungeon respawns as they had been, I was able to get pretty much every item up until the late Lguk stuff with little to no trouble. That pull for purchasing items is not nearly as present on this server as it has been on servers past. I can't tell if I like/dislike this. On one hand, not having much of a player economy feels kinda lame, but on the other I don't want to go back to long ass respawns where a camp is just empty of mobs 90% of the time.

I guess I will take the quicker pace of camping shit.

BigDirty

Security Director of Crisis and Weather Management
<Bronze Donator>
Infiniti-Blue I think. I am not sure why the image is big because I've been playing fullscreen with a lower resolution to try to get bigger font size on the unscalable fonts. Because I'm old and blind.
/Chatfontsize 5

Edit - Nevermind you probably mean things like tooltips

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Would I be severely gimping myself if I rerolled my druid from a wood elf to halfling? Not sure if any of the eventual religion items are must-haves or not.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anyone know if hybrid xp penalties are in (pally/sk)?

Also trying to figure out if the shitty pet xp drain rules apply to this server

Last edited:

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Anyone know if hybrid xp penalties are in (pally/sk)?

Also trying to figure out if the shitty pet xp drain rules apply to this server
They’re not in.

The server has the worst xp drain rules of any server. If a pet does 50% of the damage solo or in a group it steals exp. If you’re solo it steals 50% in a duo it splits it 3 ways etc.

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
They’re not in.

The server has the worst xp drain rules of any server. If a pet does 50% of the damage solo or in a group it steals exp. If you’re solo it steals 50% in a duo it splits it 3 ways etc.

Boo. I thought my xp was moving super slow. Guess i wasnt imagining it. That totally fucks my mage/necro duo with my wife.

The rule makes no sense, especially for a class completely based around pets, like the Mage. Does that rule change at any point with an expansion release?

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Boo. I thought my xp was moving super slow. Guess i wasnt imagining it. That totally fucks my mage/necro duo with my wife.

The rule makes no sense, especially for a class completely based around pets, like the Mage. Does that rule change at any point with an expansion release?
Who knows in Secrets world, but in TAKP era pets only take XP if they do 100% of the damage to a mob (you get full XP as long as a player does 1 damage)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Who knows in Secrets world, but in TAKP era pets only take XP if they do 100% of the damage to a mob (you get full XP as long as a player does 1 damage)

Yeah that's the typical rule set. I've seen some rules where the pet takes xp if it does more than 50% damage for a SOLO player. But having pets stealing xp in a group based scenario is just ridiculous