Purchased Gaming Tables

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
a few folks are reporting that they got their TOUG from the kickstarter and the quality is great. they have a few reviews on their facebook page.

mine is projected for the end of next month, looking forward to it!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I've really had my eye on a TOUG for a while now. I didn't want to back it when their kickstarter came out because of how popular it was.

With the financing option on their website now its almost too good to pass up.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Just got an email from TOUG stating the following:

We had every intention of beginning to ship online orders this month. However, this estimate has proved too optimistic. Currently, we are running behind in production, and we expect online orders to be filled in August.

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I took the plunge today and ordered from TOUG. Got the black 6x4 Elite with the extra legs to set it at high counter height. I expect I wont see it until October. When it comes though, Ill post some pics, thoughts and initial impressions.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I took the plunge today and ordered from TOUG. Got the black 6x4 Elite with the extra legs to set it at high counter height. I expect I wont see it until October. When it comes though, Ill post some pics, thoughts and initial impressions.

Yea please. I've been on the fence about getting one all decked out as well ever since their kickstarter.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
My boardgametables table arrives tomorrow. Time to go chair shopping and see how this bitch does!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
TOUG announced a chair line about ten minutes ago. They gave me a 15% off code if you want to use it. I’m not in the market yet.

Pair of Chairs - Elite Series

Hmm. Those are a bit expensive, but look good. I'm going to look around, already found some local stuff that looks similar for about half the price. If they're good quality I'll probably snag them, otherwise I might hit you up for that code. Thanks!

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So I'm quite satisfied with my table from boardgametables. Quite high quality (damn thing was 380 pounds, fun pushing it up my stairs -- out of shape bro-in-law almost puked lol), and I dig the all-one-piece cover topper thing. They even accidentally gave me the wrong vault inset, speedcloth instead of velvet, so they're shipping me a velvet one as well. I'll be able to swap out if I want!

They were a bit strange to deal with, no phone calls, only email, and their order tracking was strange -- I never quite knew what the status was. But ultimately everything worked out fine, and their CS for my order mishap remedy on the vault inset was quite generous. Would recommend, in a world where Geek Chic died.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
76AC00E1-E553-49D9-B1EE-DE1CFC97133E.jpeg
8867CC08-EB2E-46C3-A634-FF92E3EA2599.jpeg
1B00906B-0196-4A08-ACFD-EF107B4883F4.jpeg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm happy that you enjoy it but I just price checked it and was shocked at how much they cost.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I'm happy that you enjoy it but I just price checked it and was shocked at how much they cost.

It's hand-built quality that will last for generations, something that's not super easy to find nowadays. If I had the time, I'd probably have enjoyed creating my own, but it probably wouldn't have been of the same quality. A lot of it involves the wood itself, which their experts are able to handle better than I ever would be.

But yeah, I'm single with too much disposable income, whattaya gonna do, ya know?

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
So have any of you guys built your own gaming table?

I'm in the process of finishing my basement and I'm kicking around ideas for a table. I've got a box of really nice flooring left over from when I redid the 1st floor.

All I've got right now is a 4ft circular table from a relatives garage sale lol

Fyff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've built a couple before. Most of mine were budget friendly and meant for transport so I doubt they would transfer over to what you are looking for. How complex of a table are you looking at doing?

Goonsquad Officer
we have a massive tabletop RPG group meets twice every other week. we mostly play dark heresy with the occasional d20 or cyberpunk game.

we mostly play with a wall mounted 55inch tv and roll 20 for maps, but one of the GM's wanted to do a grid map. SO it looks like we're going to take some of our fold out tables and try to draw a grid on it with paint pens. we MAY paint the tables with markerboard paint first. not sure. if it looks like it's worth a shit i'll post my sweet 20 dollar walmart table.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
we have a massive tabletop RPG group meets twice every other week. we mostly play dark heresy with the occasional d20 or cyberpunk game.

we mostly play with a wall mounted 55inch tv and roll 20 for maps, but one of the GM's wanted to do a grid map. SO it looks like we're going to take some of our fold out tables and try to draw a grid on it with paint pens. we MAY paint the tables with markerboard paint first. not sure. if it looks like it's worth a shit i'll post my sweet 20 dollar walmart table.

Have you looked into playing on the TV? I have seen some badass hex maps that have moving scenery and shit, people build the tv into the table and play on it.

More often than that I see people using the projector method. You can get a decent 720p one on amazon for under $200.

Bring Dungeons And Dragons To Life On These Epic Digital Maps

https://www.facebook.com/dynamicdungeons/