Purchased Gaming Tables

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Yep, I had a GC table ordered and paid for when they went belly-up. Luckily got all my money back from Visa, but damn I still wish I had my table instead.

The one I got has been a fine stand-in, and surprisingly good quality (will last a loooong time), but GC was top notch.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Got my TOUG finally. Had a two month delay they only told me about cause I asked. They sent a “Your table is about to ship” notice last Friday, it arrives with no notice a couple days later. Get it all unpacked an email them that my cup holders are missing, should I have expected them this shipment or is it different. Go a day with no response, start building it and find a top rail board broken in half, and a cosmetically damaged topper. Send an email about that, took two days to get a response but they say they will replace them. Still didn’t address my missing cup holders question which I reiterated in the damage email. Equities a couple days and asked again. Still no response two days later.

Customer service is fucking horrible but the table itself is really nice. I was probably going to order armrests and maybe LED strips from them but may just say forget it after dealing with CS incompetence.

First gaming session on it will be this weekend, pretty excited to try it out, I like how high it sits, hopefully that will help keep my back from being sore from hunching over all night gaming.

Pyksel

Rasterizing . . .
Got my TOUG finally. Had a two month delay they only told me about cause I asked. They sent a “Your table is about to ship” notice last Friday, it arrives with no notice a couple days later. Get it all unpacked an email them that my cup holders are missing, should I have expected them this shipment or is it different. Go a day with no response, start building it and find a top rail board broken in half, and a cosmetically damaged topper. Send an email about that, took two days to get a response but they say they will replace them. Still didn’t address my missing cup holders question which I reiterated in the damage email. Equities a couple days and asked again. Still no response two days later.

Customer service is fucking horrible but the table itself is really nice. I was probably going to order armrests and maybe LED strips from them but may just say forget it after dealing with CS incompetence.

First gaming session on it will be this weekend, pretty excited to try it out, I like how high it sits, hopefully that will help keep my back from being sore from hunching over all night gaming.

At least they're consistent! I've received a couple surveys from them and gigged them pretty hard on their customer service which is a shame because the tables are solid. We've received everything (around 30 items in total) except our protective top which will ship in a couple weeks and our dice trays which are on back order until April/May.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finally got an answer. I ended up going to the website and sending an IM to a sales guy. He said the cup holders are all back ordered. Kind of a bummer but oh well I guess. Kind of ridiculous cup holders are 4 months+ behind, Jesus.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
042CB6E6-291C-478B-B3F8-A984CD416CAB.jpeg
88E49FCB-5B61-406D-8742-C4A2193164D3.jpeg

• 3Like
  • 2Weird Boner
Reactions: 4 users
Going back a little bit in the thread but thought I would add a little clarity to our game vault depth.

Yeah, the ones from Uniquely-Geek are definitely too deep, like playing on a craps table. The second link features tables from Carolina Game Tables, specifically, the Tablezilla which has received some solid reviews from folks that have seen it at different Cons. They wanted almost another $1000 for shipping though which is what ultimately pushed us back to TOUG.

Our game vault depth can be anything UP TO 4" deep.

Since everyone of one of our tables is custom made, the versatility of the game vault depth allows us to create a table that fits just about every customer's need.

The Vizier was a great table. We actually made reproductions for several GC customers that had one on order but never received it. We call it "The Legacy" in tribute to such a great table. We still make them but limit the production to 6 a year.

All of our tables are custom built in the US out of solid wood and all in about 6-8 weeks.

Robert

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Going back a little bit in the thread but thought I would add a little clarity to our game vault depth.

Our game vault depth can be anything UP TO 4" deep.

Since everyone of one of our tables is custom made, the versatility of the game vault depth allows us to create a table that fits just about every customer's need.

The Vizier was a great table. We actually made reproductions for several GC customers that had one on order but never received it. We call it "The Legacy" in tribute to such a great table. We still make them but limit the production to 6 a year.

All of our tables are custom built in the US out of solid wood and all in about 6-8 weeks.

Robert

So is Uniquely Geek just Geek Chic under a new name?

Nice tables on your site, out of my price range but they’re gorgeous.

Also, how did you find this obscure thread on an obscure forum? Lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Some of you guys who like the nice gaming tables but can’t afford them may be interested in these. They’re great for people who either can’t afford a big gaming table, or only want one temporarily on a smaller kitchen table. I’ve played on these at a gaming store and they’re the next best thing to gaming tables. They sit on top of a normal table so you can make your gaming area a lot bigger just during the game, then pull it off when not gaming. They’re also modular so you can break them down and store them, or take them to a friends and set it up there.

So is Uniquely Geek just Geek Chic under a new name?

Nice tables on your site, out of my price range but they’re gorgeous.

Also, how did you find this obscure thread on an obscure forum? Lol

No, we had no affliation with Geek Chic in anyway. I have always been a commissioned furniture maker and one day our youngest son asked if I could make him a gaming table. I figured sure what type? Poker? Craps? He surprised me with RPG and we went from there. Spent some time researching and finally got our designed figured out after about 50 tables. I understand our tables are not in everybodies price range, but they are solid wood and built to last for generations.

This site comes up when we search for "Uniquely Geek table Review", that is how I came across it.

-Robert

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users