Pussification in America: Political Correctness is Gay

Dunhill

N00b
From what I understand, ignorance of the law never, ever means exemption from the law (even for immigrants), so I don't understand your whole first paragraph. How do you rape someone without intent? In any case, without knowing more about those cases it sounds like the legal system made some pretty terrible decisions there, ones I can neither understand nor justify. In fact, changing laws to accommodate foreigners is pretty racist. Sounds like this is a problem that could be fixed by pulling racismoutof the system, not adding more.

Your second paragraph is also criminally light on context. For the sake of argument, I'll take you on your word. I'm in a room with 30 male Northern African immigrants (let's say I'm teaching them English or something). According to your stats, 15 of them have been convicted of a crime within the last 5 years. What crimes? Rape? Murder? Bike theft? Parking violations? I don't know. The other half have never been convicted of anything. What do I have to gain by assuming they all pose a threat to me, except the reinforcing of negative stereotypes that tend to perpetuate themselves in a vicious cycle? Besides, if the problem is cultural, wouldn't it be beneficial (for everyone) to aid in their assimilation to the best of our ability instead of treating them like ticking time bombs just waiting to go off?

You're right, the media does a terrible job of giving us the information we need. Let's blame the media for that. And yes, let's blame every immigrant who's ever committed a crime for the crime they have committed. I'm not trying to shift responsibility here. But if certain groups are more likely to commit certain crimes, there's a reason behind that. Addressing that reason is not only the best way to try to prevent these crimes, it's pretty much the only way. What you don't get is that hating people before they commit a crime actually increases the odds that they will commit that crime. You're part of the problem as long as you consider a group of people "the bad guys".

At least we can both agree that the USA is going crazy.
I never said ignorance gets you off scot-free, but intent makes all the difference in the world in western courts. Intent can be the reason why you sometimes get put to death while in other cases you get a light sentence. In my example from the 90s they did get punished, but very lightly because of the lack of intention. In regards to the AIDS-African he first got sentenced to four years in prison in the district court, but later got his sentence lowered to one year by the supreme court, which then made the changes to the legal form of intention. It's not racist at all. It's very reasonable considering we base a lot of our punishment based on intentions. If you have a multicultural society you're going to have to make compromises, not assume that the white man's morals is what everyone should strive for.

The point with my second paragraph was that making generalizations is healthy in a multicultural society. The reason you're not going into the ghetto at 2 am is exactly that. The reason why a lone white woman should think twice before going to a party at a refugee facility with a bunch of Afghans is another example (the eight hour gang rape that was mentioned). On the other hand if you're teaching a class of Africans you have nothing to lose by going into it expecting they're all a bunch of Einsteins. But let's find a more reasonable example, like going through job applications and putting the Muslim/African ones in the shredder. Is it racist or reasonable? Personally I think it's very reasonable considering the risk of getting someone who has problems with women in authority positions or have committed a crime. My decision to do it is based on both statistical evidence and personal experience. Not to mention I care for my own people more than others in the same way an Arab cares for his people. It would make no sense to give all people an equal chance. Somehow believing this I'm actually considered a neo-nazi by the media in today's society. Fine, guess I am.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
No, you make perfect sense, but just because every 2nd time if your life that you see a blue person, he robs you, DOES NOT GIVE YOU THE RIGHT to treat blue people differently. According to TanoombaGapingVagina, anyways.

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
I never said ignorance gets you off scot-free, but intent makes all the difference in the world in western courts. Intent can be the reason why you sometimes get put to death while in other cases you get a light sentence. In my example from the 90s they did get punished, but very lightly because of the lack of intention. In regards to the AIDS-African he first got sentenced to four years in prison in the district court, but later got his sentence lowered to one year by the supreme court, which then made the changes to the legal form of intention. It's not racist at all. It's very reasonable considering we base a lot of our punishment based on intentions. If you have a multicultural society you're going to have to make compromises, not assume that the white man's morals is what everyone should strive for.

The point with my second paragraph was that making generalizations is healthy in a multicultural society. The reason you're not going into the ghetto at 2 am is exactly that. The reason why a lone white woman should think twice before going to a party at a refugee facility with a bunch of Afghans is another example (the eight hour gang rape that was mentioned). On the other hand if you're teaching a class of Africans you have nothing to lose by going into it expecting they're all a bunch of Einsteins. But let's find a more reasonable example, like going through job applications and putting the Muslim/African ones in the shredder. Is it racist or reasonable? Personally I think it's very reasonable considering the risk of getting someone who has problems with women in authority positions or have committed a crime. My decision to do it is based on both statistical evidence and personal experience. Not to mention I care for my own people more than others in the same way an Arab cares for his people. It would make no sense to give all people an equal chance. Somehow believing this I'm actually considered a neo-nazi by the media in today's society. Fine, guess I am.
I still don't know how you can rape someone without intent.
And no, I don't think it's reasonable to put Muslim/African job applications in the shredder. This is an example of a zero-tolerance policy, and by now we should all know why those don't work (because they remove human judgement from the equation). I also find it off-putting that you classify people as either being one of "your people" (who are more deserving of your concern) or one of the "others" (who can look out for themselves). I wish there was a way to get across how big a part of the problem attitudes like this are, but there isn't. Not to you, anyway, or the crew of hangers-on looking for reasons to justify their own racism while pointing and laughing at the "racism is wrong" guy.

Fuck it. Hate who you want.

Dunhill

N00b
I still don't know how you can rape someone without intent.
And no, I don't think it's reasonable to put Muslim/African job applications in the shredder. This is an example of a zero-tolerance policy, and by now we should all know why those don't work (because they remove human judgement from the equation). I also find it off-putting that you classify people as either being one of "your people" (who are more deserving of your concern) or one of the "others" (who can look out for themselves). I wish there was a way to get across how big a part of the problem attitudes like this are, but there isn't. Not to you, anyway, or the crew of hangers-on looking for reasons to justify their own racism while pointing and laughing at the "racism is wrong" guy.

Fuck it. Hate who you want.
You don't understand how you can rape someone without intent because you know nothing about the very cultures you claim to love. In Muslim countries if you see a woman who is not guarded by a male companion it's considered absolutely normal to have your way with her. In fact, she wants you to have sex with her. If she didn't want to have sex she'd not be out on her own seducing men. That's why all these ignorant western journalists get raped on Tahrir Square in Kairo every time they go there, like the Dutch reporter a few days ago.

Why does shredding not work exactly? I could add another reason to the equation as well: language. That degree from MIT isn't worth shit if you can't communicate properly.

As a white person I don't really belong to any group of people do I? Would you be saying the same thing to a Kurd, an American Indian or a Jew if they claimed they have common ancestry and culture with other people? How about Kosovo-Albanians? Palestinians? Why do those silly Palestinians even bother fighting for their own country anyway right? They have no right to their own piece of land because this whole world just consists of one human race and there should be no borders between anyone. You tell them that. In fact, I'll pay for the plane ticket if you promise you go and tell them that.

I don't hate anyone. In fact I believe in real cultural diversity where all cultures have the right to exist, not a society where we try to find the lowest common denominator between clashing cultures. I don't react negatively when a British couple is sentenced to 10 years in prison after fornicating on an Egyptian beach. But that also means I have no tolerance for Muslims making demands in my country, telling me how to live my life. Really, why should I?

Tanoomba

ジョーディーすれいやー
<Banned>
You don't understand how you can rape someone without intent because you know nothing about the very cultures you claim to love. In Muslim countries if you see a woman who is not guarded by a male companion it's considered absolutely normal to have your way with her. In fact, she wants you to have sex with her. If she didn't want to have sex she'd not be out on her own seducing men. That's why all these ignorant western journalists get raped on Tahrir Square in Kairo every time they go there, like the Dutch reporter a few days ago.

Why does shredding not work exactly? I could add another reason to the equation as well: language. That degree from MIT isn't worth shit if you can't communicate properly.

As a white person I don't really belong to any group of people do I? Would you be saying the same thing to a Kurd, an American Indian or a Jew if they claimed they have common ancestry and culture with other people? How about Kosovo-Albanians? Palestinians? Why do those silly Palestinians even bother fighting for their own country anyway right? They have no right to their own piece of land because this whole world just consists of one human race and there should be no borders between anyone. You tell them that. In fact, I'll pay for the plane ticket if you promise you go and tell them that.

I don't hate anyone. In fact I believe in real cultural diversity where all cultures have the right to exist, not a society where we try to find the lowest common denominator between clashing cultures. I don't react negatively when a British couple is sentenced to 10 years in prison after fornicating on an Egyptian beach. But that also means I have no tolerance for Muslims making demands in my country, telling me how to live my life. Really, why should I?
I never claimed to "love" other cultures (except perhaps Japanese culture, which I love). I actually do appreciate you explaining normalized rape in Muslim culture. But see, this ties in pretty well with why we need to help people integrate. Make it really, really clear that in Western countries "No means no" and not respecting that will get your ass in jail and on a registered sex offender list for the rest of your life. It's also why Western journalists should take more precautions when they travel to these countries, even if that means traveling with a man at all times.

Actually, the extra reason you added to why it makes sense to shred job applications is perfectly logical. If someone is incapable of communicating well in the required language, they are not properly qualified for the job. If you only find that out during the interview phase because the resum? was otherwise impeccable, then fine, move on to the next interview. It just doesn't make sense to look at a resum? and say "African? SHREDDER. Muslim? SHREDDER." You could very well be skipping an African who would be the best possible person for that job. All I'm suggesting is that you judge people on their individual merits. Nobody can claim you're profiling or playing favorites and you don't risk missing the right person for the job.

I'm a white guy, but I'm also Italian and Canadian so I can identify with at least 3 groups. And yeah, part of me wants to take pride when Canada wins an Olympic medal or Ferrari does well in an F1 race, but at the same time I know it's all bullshit. I think it was George Carlin that said that it's ridiculous for us to take pride in something we have no control over. Pride should be reserved for personal accomplishments and not for what part of the world we were randomly assigned to. And yeah, I'm a strong believer that pretty much all wars are completely unnecessary and the result of a few higher-ups deciding that lives are expendable. And yeah, there actually shouldn't be any borders. But I'm not naive enough to believe this is an achievable goal (at least not in my lifetime). What I can do is try to practice what I preach and show, logically and reasonably, how racist attitudes only serve to make things worse (as justified as these attitudes may be in the minds of the beholders).

And no, you should have no tolerance for Muslims or any other group making demands for you to accommodate them. I can agree with you on that. People come to North America presumably because of the freedoms we have, and that's fine. While they're here they're allowed, as we all are, to believe whatever they want to believe. But it bugs the shit out of me when people assume that this somehow extends to the right to behave however you want to behave. Again, this ties to helping people assimilate. As much as anybody is welcome to their beliefs, we have rules and cultural expectations that apply to everyone regardless of their beliefs. The clearer we make that to everyone, the less issues we'll have down the line. I'd like to think this can be handled sensitively and without blatant racist overtones. I dunno, maybe that's still kind of naive.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>

Negro what the fuck?

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
rrr_img_35023.jpg

This study is a survey of people living in 41 different American communities that run from racially homogeneous rural South Dakota to San Francisco, which is one of the most racially mixed places on earth. The clearest finding was that the more diverse the area, the less people trusted each other. The graph on page three represents this by showing the 41 areas on a plot, with trust of other races on the vertical axis and an index of homogeneity on the horizontal axis.

rrr_img_35025.jpg

*Lower confidence in local government, local leaders and the local news media.
*Lower political efficacy-that is, confidence in their own influence.
*Lower frequency of registering to vote, but more interest and knowledge about politics and more participation in protest marches and social reform groups.
*Less expectation that others will cooperate to solve dilemmas of collective action (e.g., voluntary conservation to ease a water or energy shortage).
*Less likelihood of working on a community project.
*Lower likelihood of giving to charity or volunteering.
*Fewer close friends and confidants.
*Less happiness and lower perceived quality of life.
*More time spent watching television and more agreement that "television is my most important form of entertainment."

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I dont know how we ended up going down this particular line of discussion but it's impressively dumb. I'd kill anyone who raped someone close to me, and I damn sure wouldn't let some piece of shit muslim claim that he didn't know any better because of his primitive backwards culture that the world would be better without. In fact, I'd probably take my time killing him if he tried to tell me that shit.

Dunhill

N00b
So you don't want any nation borders and at the same time you want to assimilate other cultures into yours, making sure these foreigners don't keep the bad, uncivilized parts of their culture. That's what assimilate means, you know. What's the difference between your view and the one that the colonial Britain had for the last few hundred years? Or the Romans before that? Let me take a shot in the dark. This borderless society of yours won't have any higher-ups making the decisions this time, but rather labour unions who will overcome economic aristocracy and run society in the interest of the majority?

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
So you don't want any nation borders and at the same time you want to assimilate other cultures into yours, making sure these foreigners don't keep the bad, uncivilized parts of their culture. That's what assimilate means, you know. What's the difference between your view and the one that the colonial Britain had for the last few hundred years? Or the Romans before that? Let me take a shot in the dark. This borderless society of yours won't have any higher-ups making the decisions this time, but rather labour unions who will overcome economic aristocracy and run society in the interest of the majority?
You seem to have this funny idea in your head that all cultures are equally valuable and important.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
The irony is we are busy actively destroying arabian culture in the middle east, because it's a military threat to the united states.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
The only diversity I celebrate is women ranging from a 7 to a 10. Otherwise, we are the borg. We will McDonalds the fuck out of you until your biological and technological distinctiveness is mutilated beyond recognition.

fanaskin

Well known agitator
<Silver Donator>
When I went to Rome for the first time, I had a big sad when I saw mcdonalds across the street from the pantheon. also every club only played american music in the 5 euro countries and 2 south american ones i've visited, American culture is so dominate around the world it's silly.

And I know why we spread our culture, the same reason the germans said they where spreading their "culture" as a justification for war in ww2, it's a trick to tell people their culture is morally superior to others and they need to spread it.

It can be used as a cassus belli, an acceptable cause for war. And it's required for the consumerist system to work, without television commercials manipulating desire for products our style of economy doesn't work.

and you know what? we kinda need to spread western culture now or change it, if we don't spread feminism to the rest of the world the west is going to have huge problems in 50-75 years.

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
It's not really for me to decide what's valuable and what isn't. All I can say is what matters to me.
Any culture with broadly based practices that increase human suffering and decrease well being are not valuable. Get the hell out of here with your liberal bullshit that all cultures are valuable. Actions and beliefs that are directly tied to a culture should be scrutinized. It is insane to say human civilization would not be better off by assimilating and ultimately disintegrating some cultures and their practices.

Sam Harris does a really good job explaining this and how truly stupid it is to put cultures and their practices on a pedestal immune to criticism.