Puzzles and Dragons

bytes

Molten Core Raider
So I'm trying to get a decent starter and from the last posts I figured only Lucifer/Horus/Kirin are worth it. But this is easily the 15th reroll today (yeah I had nothing else to do) and I'm just not getting one of these. Is the rest really not worth it? Got a AA Metatron right now, looks awesome but I guess it won't cut it later on?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Considering I've rolled about 80 times without AA lucifer... I'd say its certainly ok to skip... I'd definitely settle for an astaroth, or even any of the good mono colored leads.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So I'm trying to get a decent starter and from the last posts I figured only Lucifer/Horus/Kirin are worth it. But this is easily the 15th reroll today (yeah I had nothing else to do) and I'm just not getting one of these. Is the rest really not worth it? Got a AA Metatron right now, looks awesome but I guess it won't cut it later on?
She's "good", but needs some decent subs to be awesome, where as horus/kirin can use almost anyone (and you'll get better ones later to supplement), and AA is strictly KING SHIT.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Throw on a movie, a football game, or a tv show marathon and roll till you get a luci. The amount of time and stones you'll save now is significant.

There are plenty of spike damage gods, but only one lucifer. Ultimately, it is your own pain threshold.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Throw on a movie, a football game, or a tv show marathon and roll till you get a luci. The amount of time and stones you'll save now is significant.

There are plenty of spike damage gods, but only one lucifer. Ultimately, it is your own pain threshold.
It's not even the 404 team that's amazing, it's the 300k nuke WITH the 404.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Yeah sorry, I never finished updating the first post... work stuff came up.

Though I sent some PMs to someone else about what I had finished up.

I will have some more spare time in the near future to write more...

Will focus my attention on levelling up monsters and REM sections as the other stuff in your writeup was very well done to begin with!

And as to people asking about starting gods...

Even on JP side.. it hasnt changed all that much...

Godliest God Tier - Archangel Lucifer (evolves to: Seraph of Dawn Lucifer)

He is just so far beyond everything else... at the current stage of the game, its ridiculous. For clearing all content in the game from Newbies to Pros... He just does it all.

1st Tier - Horus(4x) /Kirin (5x) / Ra(6x) / Kunino?(4x)

These are all "burst" leaders. Each has a special matching requirement to activate their damage multiplier. Beginners will NOT do well with these leaders until their matching ability gets very good.

Horus needs any 4 colors which gives great flexibility in team building. His active is amazing as a sub for Goemon team... but pretty crappy as a leader.

Kirin needs 4 colors too... but Light, Red, Blue, Green, which is both better and worse at the same time. Her active ability is 20% HP Reduction! Nice.

Ra needs all 5 colors... to get great damage... you need godly matching skills and lots of luck. Even I cannot pull off Ra as much as I would want to and I can pull off Anubis! (10+combos for 10x dmg!) His active is 7777dmg that ignores armor, has very few niche uses for a sub.

Kunino?... Match 6+ combos and get 4x attack! A different playstyle than the Rainbow Burst... but not available on the US yet... His active skill... is super awesome and he gets nice stats but no RCV... His active skill is a one turn delay with 11 turn cooldown. Due to NO RCV on him... its tough to say where he ranks but... at my level of the game, I would favor him over Horus...

Tier 2 Isis(3x) / Bastet(2.5x but getting upgrade)

Isis... match 3 colors get 3x damage. Her quick heal is also useful for beginners... Mediocre Stats... you outgrow her quickly and she is not a good sub.

Bastet... make 4+ combos and get 2.5x dmg... Also yawn. but upgrade happening on JP side to supposed 4x dmg and buff to her active... Her active makes every attack hit all targets for 3 turns. Also a useful sub sometimes...

Apart from those leaders... Everything else is just about the same... You can beat everything up to Castle of Satan regular with any team.

The reason we make such a big deal of starting roll is this... Every roll after your starting roll costs you Magic Stones and you will never know what you will get from the REM... except for Toy Dragons. You will always get toy dragons...

If your time is valuable to you and you dont enjoy rerolling... Dont. Just buy stones and then wait for a godfest that lists ArchAngel Lucifer and then buy stones till you get him. Could cost you 5 bucks, could cost you 1000. RANDOM.

My advice is this...

If you are brand new to the game, go with any roll and play until you cleared Tower of Giants. If you like it... start a second account and begin rerolling until you get one of the listed Gods.

If you know you like the game already... and dont want to feel like a Ranger in Vanilla EQ... or umm whats a more current comparison... reroll until you get one of the listed Gods.

If you know you want to be a power game... reroll until you get Archangel Lucifer.

The last thing I will say about rerolling for Archangel Lucifer... You will spend much more time not being able to beat content or descends and wishing you had gotten one than you will spend rerolling until you get one.

Fazana_sl

shitlord
Got my tablet today, only had time for 3 rerolls so far with rooting it etc. Nothing better than a 3* as yet but I'm not going to burn myself out rerolling anyway, will do it every now and then while waiting for whatever, tea to cook, last nights telly to download or my Pocket Trains to trundle around etc. Once I get AALucifer then I'll probably go nuts!

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I was mathing about how to do Valk and what I settled on with my short timeframe to prepare.

Luci/Awoken Hera/Shitty low level Hera/Shitty even lower level Hera/Alraune/Luci friend.

Only 28k HP, might have to burn some stones getting through the 1st and 4th waves(maybe 3rd), but the entire goal here is to one shot Valk before she can heal/do anything. So Grav/Grav/Grav/Luci/Heal/Luci and she's dead(on Legendary).

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So I had 10 rolls on this godfest....

Metatron
Dino Rider
Naga
Dryad
Indra
Odin(green)
Virtra
Underlord Hades
Highlander
and another Dryad

On my kids ipod I rolled him a Freyr as a noob.

On my other kids tablet I had 2 rolls and got..
Thor
Ivory Dragon

What do you do with 2 dryads? Feed one to the other?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Please send me some invites... I also have loki and some others but Im still a noob (rank 29)...

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Just to reiterate DF's post, without AA luci - I've more or less just started logging in collect stones (I don't intend to spend a dime) Until I roll him - the grind and cost of working an inferior alternative team up doesn't interest me.
If I pull him, I'll probably play a lot more again.

lanludar

Silver Squire
Just to reiterate DF's post, without AA luci - I've more or less just started logging in collect stones (I don't intend to spend a dime) Until I roll him - the grind and cost of working an inferior alternative team up doesn't interest me.
If I pull him, I'll probably play a lot more again.
I am thinking about doing the same thing. I have a decent amount of gods now but none of the real stellar leader gods and its making it hard to want to log in when I can't do any descends.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
People were doing Zeus/Hera/Valk/Heroes Descended before Luci. He just makes them all aloteasier to gear up to.

I did Heroes with my mono-red before Luci. The rest I didn't have the guns/skill for.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Things ARE changing on the JP side...

If my friends list is any indication... only 3 people have Luci up for descends nowadays... Lots of Hera-Urs and Kirins.

Luci is awesome because dark is such a common color... starting with dub mythlits... to rainbow keepers... your team is easy to farm and strong. You literally spend ZERO XP on anything except for Lucifer and you can do fine. 4hp 4rcv is just mind numbingly boring.

Green Red Blue Light and Devils all have the same option... except... good luck levelling a light team up. Even with 4x RCV red teams will have sub 1000 rcv... Blue... yeah blue has lots of love... but then... then you compare actives...

orb change, orb change, orb change, orb change, 5turn 3xdmg reflect, 300,000DMG dark nuke...