Puzzles and Dragons

Df~_sl

shitlord
Mine will be up for yall shortly...
smile.png

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
hera.png

Pure luck, but I 0-stoned it with my half-assed resolve team and Ao's Amaterasu. Rounds 3 and 4 came up devil/knight/knight and devil/knight/demon; I don't think there was any way I was going to be able to beat a 4-spawn without it costing me stones.

Now to see what 9 pulls of the REM gets me tomorrow. Hopefully I get what I want from the godfest with enough stones left over to throw some at Batman too.

TommyConcrete_sl

shitlord
Ok guys i wanna give my first descended a try and wondered whats the best to hit it with considering im happy throwing some stones at it. I need to know if Double resist or resolve team will be best for me. Im packing hades 50, devil dragon 70, Drawn Joker 72, chaos dragon knight 48, lillith 30, enchantress of the sea siren 32, echidna 61, vamp lord 43, helldark blood demon 78 - max skilled, neptune 32 and 2 rainbow keepers.

I also have to option to either evolve Hades or my devil dragon.

I was thinking of Drawn joker lead then filling out with siren, enchidna, neptune/lillith then either rainbow keeper or my helldark blood demon?

Df~_sl

shitlord
I assume you want to tackle hera first?

Make a resolve team with a poison sub and as close to but under 6898 HP as possible. I suggest bringing Echidna since stalling is pretty easy with a resolve team. Siren, blood demon, whatever leader you have for resolve... then whatever HP you have left to stay under 6898 (assuming 70% resolve)

Then use a busty AO for 6594 per turn autohealing.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On the subject of resolve teams: Farm up a lowbie Solomon Grundy from the lowest Batman collab. 50% resolve.

So I decided to try Hera with my mono-red team just for shits and giggles. No problem up to Hades, but got shit for red orbs and had to use Ares on the last round to finish off his HP. Got to Hera and popped Goemon(brought instead of Gigas, can't afford to break hearts on her and stalling is easy before her, plus more RCV), popped Freyr, then fatfingered Horus and hit Echidna instead. Didn't notice until I started moving an orb. Motherfucker...only knocked her down like 1/3rd health. Waste of 50 stam.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pure luck, but I 0-stoned it with my half-assed resolve team and Ao's Amaterasu. Rounds 3 and 4 came up devil/knight/knight and devil/knight/demon; I don't think there was any way I was going to be able to beat a 4-spawn without it costing me stones.

Now to see what 9 pulls of the REM gets me tomorrow. Hopefully I get what I want from the godfest with enough stones left over to throw some at Batman too.
How in the fuck did you beat it with that team? I went in the the exact same team and I'm already 3 stones deep. 1st round was unsynced, so I got through it fine. Problem is, round 2 is knight/knight synced and a demon. I can't do nearly enough damage to wipe them out, before they all attack and kill me. I got the demon down, but now with the knights synced, I'm just stuck in a death loop.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I think that's what he meant by pure luck? Haha. Unfortunately I don't have much to put up for Hera. My Odin is up but he isn't max Awoken and only about level 80. My Ama O has +50 RCV eggs but is still in base form (have everything to busty her just not the XP to feed). Maybe I'll try a few Hera and hope for some Hera-Is skill ups?

Tolwen

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Hi guys I am NonIAP, Rank 148, 255 boxes, 50 friends, with 110 stones and one God in Shiva. I'm at Vesta Cave & Shrine of Liquid Flame. No completed descends. Should I use some stones on the players choice godfest? And I'm not sure if I should try any batman rolls. I can hoard pretty badly. Thanks

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think that's what he meant by pure luck? Haha. Unfortunately I don't have much to put up for Hera. My Odin is up but he isn't max Awoken and only about level 80. My Ama O has +50 RCV eggs but is still in base form (have everything to busty her just not the XP to feed). Maybe I'll try a few Hera and hope for some Hera-Is skill ups?
The only way it was "pure" luck, is if he ran into nothing synced. He already got lucky on not getting 4 spawns, but if he also ran into 4 rounds of nothing synced, that's beyond getting lucky.

I just want to know if I'm seriously going to have to spend 15 stones on this bitch. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, but if this is what it "costs" to bust through the entry level descends in this game, I think I'm done.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Only Vorph can speak to that. When I did my first descends with a resolve team I used the Ripper dragons as subs and they were basically all below level 10 (in fact, don't think I've ever put any more xp in to them since). I had a Viper lead, Meteor Volcano, Lightning Holy, CDD, and maybe a couple of others. Then just AE bombed each round and recharged skills before moving to the next. It was a pretty long process and I'd think doing it with a Odin / AmaO these days is much quicker.

TommyConcrete_sl

shitlord
Going back to my question i'm currently running Drawn joker, neptune, RK, RK, Siren, odin helper and am currently on hera having used 2 stones both of which were mistakes, so a double resist team works well.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Its not whats needed to advance... you just decided to go in with a sort of crappy team comp... and paid the price in stones.

Ugg... Filming my Siren 4 Rainbow Keeper Godin Hera run... trying not to do any fancy matching stuff (rarely getting above a 5 combo) and it just takes forever... but its entirely doable... currently at minerva... :p

edit: at neptune... 1 1 1 1 1 1 ugg haha

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Its not whats needed to advance... you just decided to go in with a sort of crappy team comp... and paid the price in stones
Well, any advice? This is a team composition I've seen throw around a lot. This is exactly what I was talking about earlier. You need descends to do descends, but I can't even manage the "easiest" descend, apparently. So, I'm clueless how you're supposed to "break" into the end game, without LOLOLOL your way through it, with the only fucking monster anybody recommends: Lucifer.
I have siren/Alraune. I assume they don't have high enough RCV for the healer/Odin combo?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Its not whats needed to advance... you just decided to go in with a sort of crappy team comp... and paid the price in stones.

Ugg... Filming my Siren 4 Rainbow Keeper Godin Hera run... trying not to do any fancy matching stuff (rarely getting above a 5 combo) and it just takes forever... but its entirely doable... currently at minerva... :p

edit: at neptune... 1 1 1 1 1 1 ugg haha
Forgot to being poison, didn't you!

Also, if you have stones: this goddess is probably one of the better ones to use them on. Pick some specific gods to be happy with, or consider what you get with your first few rolls, because box space is also a great permanent investment.

Raign

Golden Squire
The only way it was "pure" luck, is if he ran into nothing synced. He already got lucky on not getting 4 spawns, but if he also ran into 4 rounds of nothing synced, that's beyond getting lucky.

I just want to know if I'm seriously going to have to spend 15 stones on this bitch. I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, but if this is what it "costs" to bust through the entry level descends in this game, I think I'm done.
Well, a resolve team is a 'short cut' team to hera. It CAN work, but you need luck and, yes, unsync'd first couple of floors (though focus firing any sync'd mobs + a stall often can get you past 2 mobs sync'd). The Resist and RK team is a safer team that takes a bit longer to build but requires little/no luck for success and has the fringe benefit of being an excellent team to insert hera into once you have beat her.

Raign

Golden Squire
Hi guys I am NonIAP, Rank 148, 255 boxes, 50 friends, with 110 stones and one God in Shiva. I'm at Vesta Cave & Shrine of Liquid Flame. No completed descends. Should I use some stones on the players choice godfest? And I'm not sure if I should try any batman rolls. I can hoard pretty badly. Thanks
Personally I would roll on batman. I got my dark/dark (a satisfactory grind leader) in just a couple of rolls. I have rolled on every players choice godfest and had really shitty luck though to YMMV.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Personally I would roll on batman. I got my dark/dark (a satisfactory grind leader) in just a couple of rolls. I have rolled on every players choice godfest and had really shitty luck though to YMMV.
I don't think they've done a players choice godfest yet in the US. The last one was "Carnival of Likes". So instead of the Dark/Light/whatever slightly higher drops it was a bunch of high rated stuff. But NOT a Godfest.

Df~_sl

shitlord
Its not that I forgot poison...

I just didnt have the HP with my odin friend to meet the cap using AB Bird or Lilith :p. And technically.. I would have 17 turns to kill hades before he would kill me, but that might require actual matching skills... which goes against the spirit of this demonstration...

As for suggestions on how to beat Hera without other descends...

Drawn Joker + Green Odin (helper) with defensive subs...

50% Resolve using a busty AO... gives you a 13,000HP team... which isnt really a zombie team for most people anyway :p

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

Round 1 was completely unsynced, dark devil 'in 1' and blue demon 'in 3'. Dark devil died almost immediately, blue demon took for-fucking-ever to kill because I was trying to save a few light orbs for the next round and just could not break its armor. Was afraid to poison it too (a mistake, in hindsight), so it literally took me almost as long to kill as Hera herself did.

Round 2 was red knight, blue knight, dark knight. Red and blue were synced at 3 and dark was hitting in 2, but I used Echidna and I just barely killed red in 6 turns (using both harpies but not poison). Dark and blue were never going to sync so I just whittled them down without using skills.

Rounds 3 and 4 had two synced to start, but in each case it was devil + something else so it was easy. Plus round 4 I just didn't give a fuck going forward so I poisoned them that time and even a blue demon didn't slow me down much.

Basically, I got the best possible round 1, 3, and 4 setups. 2 was a bitch that I just barely got by without using a stone. In order to do it right, I should have had a max level ice samurai ogre, and chimeras instead of harpies. My harpies have 8 and 9 skill-ups but unskilled chimeras would still have been a lot safer/quicker. Max level on AB Bluebird would have sped things up a bit too. Using a leveled ogre would have given me the ability to eat 2 devil hits in a single turn, and taken full advantage of the ultimate evolve AO so I might actually have survived a 4-spawn if there had been one.

On the subject of resolve teams: Farm up a lowbie Solomon Grundy from the lowest Batman collab. 50% resolve.
Wow, I wish I had been paying attention to that a couple days ago. I only ever looked at their fodder skills. :/

Raign

Golden Squire
I don't think they've done a players choice godfest yet in the US. The last one was "Carnival of Likes". So instead of the Dark/Light/whatever slightly higher drops it was a bunch of high rated stuff. But NOT a Godfest.
Ahh, I did not realize that. You are correct, it was the Carnival of Likes, I was not aware there was a true distinction (in regards to drop rates that is). If there is, I recant my statement about rolling on Batman - Dark / Dark Batman is passable, but obviously getting a Luci or one of the other end game leaders would serve you better in the long run.