Puzzles and Dragons

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Winter Wonderland Event

Event Details:

Legendary Dragon Rush!: 1/14 - 1/15

Poring Tower: 1/14 - 1/18 (Hopefully 2x? Maybe not LOL)

1/14 - 1/21: 7-8 stones! Delivered as late as 4:00 AM (Wikia and Database are telling two different things)

1/14 - 1/21: King Dragons at the PAL Egg Machine!

1/14 - 1/21: For the first time (I believe) 1.5x appearance rate for TAMADRAs on Metal/Jewel Dragon Dungeons!

Plus more to come.

It's about motherfucking time Poring comes back. Fuck's sake, my poor little heartbreakers are dying for those last 1-3 skill ups. Good time to skill up your unleveled stuff for limited dungeons as well.

Wish it didn't overlap with Legendary Dragon Rush on day one, gonna want the stone for that, but that's 130 fucking stam. Ugh.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
It has been almost 3 months since the last Poring dungeon. Guess I'll be hoarding them for the Azure Valk and Black Valk skill ups, although Black Valk is probably easier b/c of Baddies being available elsewhere.

Is this Dragon Rush different? I guess the other one was Sky Dragon Rush because somehow I must have missed the Legendary version back in August of last year. It has been a long ass time since this one came around.

edit: Also Legend one doesn't look near as good on exp/coin as Sky Dragon... probably won't kill myself chain running it. But aren't bad dragon subs and they drop evolved. Oh the choices

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Gonna try and time it so I have 90stam and need about 31k exp to level. Then hopefully not shit the best on Legend and Master. Get level and have enough stam to finish dungeon and start Poring grinding.

No pre-emptive strikes so probably not even gonna bring a heartmaker. Valhalla is the only one with 1 attack speed, and he'll do shield first turn so that's 2-3 shots to kill with Kirin before he hits. And even when he does it should be survivable. Gaiadragon and his 280k armor hopefully won't be a problem. Only need to get Echidna up to 5900ish damage before the 25x kicks in.

edit: Unrelated to that: Was just reminded that Mechdragons are getting buffed so their breath also enhanced orbs of their color. Really wish I'd remembered this and run Red some. Skilled up he'll be at 14 turns with his awoken skill boost(which you'll get just skilling up), faster than unskilled Horus/Hera-Ur. Plus 30k nuke and high HP/ATK. Poop. Anyways, if you run a mono-color team keep this in mind when your color is up and you have stamina to burn.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Any idea what the drop rate for the dragons will be in Five Legendary Fangs? I'd like a Cyberdragon Valhalla because I lack any sort of monster with 50% light resist currently, but I'm not really interested in beating my head against a super low rate even if it is somewhat decent xp.

Also, isn't it weird that the blue flamedragon is rare? It's worse in every way compared to Niflheim, and doesn't even have a sub element. The nuke is fire instead of water, but that still seems meh.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Any idea what the drop rate for the dragons will be in Five Legendary Fangs? I'd like a Cyberdragon Valhalla because I lack any sort of monster with 50% light resist currently, but I'm not really interested in beating my head against a super low rate even if it is somewhat decent xp.

Also, isn't it weird that the blue flamedragon is rare? It's worse in every way compared to Niflheim, and doesn't even have a sub element. The nuke is fire instead of water, but that still seems meh.
Blue flame is a collectible, like blue blizzard. They're there, they're queer, get used to it.

If you can run master/legend, drop rate isn't good, but it isn't bad. If you're doing expert or less, it's bad. Though this is a solid spike-dmg area. Kirin teams are amazeballs, your haku should rain pain as well.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
I was bored and decided to play last night.

Ran through Satan Descended.

Yay? Is he worth anything at all anymore?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I was bored and decided to play last night.

Ran through Satan Descended.

Yay? Is he worth anything at all anymore?
Awakened Satan teams are wrecking balls. Just have to adjust your playstyle to focus more on matching full separate rows of dark orbs. 6+ row awakenings is nasty stuff.

[Team Building] Satan Team Appreciation

He's kind of like a little bit less risky zero RCV Goemon team. Up to you if you want to put in the effort for that, but once built it is a serious spike team. Just limited to what it can do by the zero healing.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Blue flame is a collectible, like blue blizzard. They're there, they're queer, get used to it.

If you can run master/legend, drop rate isn't good, but it isn't bad. If you're doing expert or less, it's bad. Though this is a solid spike-dmg area. Kirin teams are amazeballs, your haku should rain pain as well.
I'd say they're about 20% or so each, not counting Blue Flame. On Sky Dragon Rush I was getting about 2-3 drops per run (with the occasional zero but it was by far the rarest) of the dragons.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
This fucking game....

0/9 skills up on persephone, 2/6 on Susanoo, 2/3 on Hermes, 0/7 on Gabriel

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Awakened Satan teams are wrecking balls. Just have to adjust your playstyle to focus more on matching full separate rows of dark orbs. 6+ row awakenings is nasty stuff.

[Team Building] Satan Team Appreciation

He's kind of like a little bit less risky zero RCV Goemon team. Up to you if you want to put in the effort for that, but once built it is a serious spike team. Just limited to what it can do by the zero healing.
Good to know. I've been strugggling for a team to focus on and this fits the bill nicely.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Shit, got back home from being on the road all day and ran a Green Keeper because I need one for my Mei Mei, not realizing that I could have run all four of the Legendary Dragon Rush, got the stone, leveled, and then run my Keepers for the day. Don't think I can get the level now and am not going to burn a stone to get a stone... bleh

Wocket_sl

shitlord
Shit, got back home from being on the road all day and ran a Green Keeper because I need one for my Mei Mei, not realizing that I could have run all four of the Legendary Dragon Rush, got the stone, leveled, and then run my Keepers for the day. Don't think I can get the level now and am not going to burn a stone to get a stone... bleh
I've got you one-upped on dumb there sir. I ran 50 stam poring 4 times today to make a mastering to awaken the one I have. Only after I fed it away did I learn that update's not in the US yet. Go me!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Honestly it depends a lot on your current team and rank. Poporing is used to skill up Cu Chu. Big Bublie is for your siren and megalodran. They are honestly not worth farming as you'll get a lot of marine goblin from regular dungeon and pal egg rolls. The big bublies are useful though to evolve to king bublies, but again there are other sources for them outside of poring. Your main targets are the Marin, Poporing, Drops, etc...

Check this page to see which drops skill up what:Poringing! - Int | Puzzle Dragons Database

If you don't have a lot of stamina and a lot of box space to hoard porings it will be long and painful. Even if you do it will still be painful, heh.

Not sure I can get behind Tengu as a skill up dungeon for Hanzo. Didn't they add a collab in JP version for him?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
so i did the poring int and got a poporing and big bubblie. what do i do with it? bank it?
What other monsters do you have? Poring is a "skillup" dungeon, where the monsters aren't great, but are used to reduce the cooldown of other monster's skills.

If you don't have the following, it's generally not worth doing Poring:
Vampire
Siren
Megalodran
King Slimes (and of the 5)
Berzerker
Highlander
Valkyrie
Dark Valk
Blue Valk
Angelion
Lilith

The big exception is Lilith. If you don't have a poison monster, get one of the Ghostings so you have a poison monster.

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I haven't gotten a single skill up in the last 2 days of poring on either of my accounts
frown.png

Man0warr

Molten Core Raider
New info up about Busty evo's for Alarune.

Really excited about the Wood/Wood one that gets Ama Okhami's leaderskill - never got one myself.

Wood/Light busty changes from Healer to Balanced and leaderskill changes to 2x ATK/HP for Balanced.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
oh Twinlit is coming up and for two days? ugh, hope I can get it down to zero to one stone average this time from the last time. Part of me wants to run the regular Jewel dragons today just for the extra little bump in some exp here and there. I was just within a few thousand HP of having it super safe with the double Luci team, first round not withstanding. Think I can easily field any of the teams on the P&D field except ones with Ra, but still found the Luci one the most repeatable results.

Frustrating thing is I really only want to run it for the Tamadra / Lits. Only need one more Angelit for my Horus evo and umm... maybe L/L Zeus, don't think I'll bother with the B/L Isis.

I think even with the event currently running I'm going to finish up running King of Gods since that was never done, and maybe knock out some of the Technicals I never did. Also never bothered to clear Endless Corridor. Some free stones sitting there for me.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
New info up about Busty evo's for Alarune.

Really excited about the Wood/Wood one that gets Ama Okhami's leaderskill - never got one myself.

Wood/Light busty changes from Healer to Balanced and leaderskill changes to 2x ATK/HP for Balanced.
Hmmm, I kind of like that quite a bit, Alarune's active will be a little bit better than the Angel, and I think 2x hp with susano might be able to survive descends a little bit nicer than a 2x hp 6x atk healer team using echidna between hits, especially since so many block the delay, especially if you don't use it on the very first turn if they don't pre-emptively block it. As an example, I think I could do Athena with a 6x atk balanced team, but I don't think I could do it with Healer. Only problem would be gigas with primarily all green dmg. And Hera-IS for example would be probably easier with 6x atk 2x hp than it is with 9x atk.