Puzzles and Dragons

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
XMas collab is a lot of fun right now. Chibi Gods and a farmable (kinda..) Snowglobe dragon dungeon! Also I love that they made Santa into yet ANOTHER Hera -- good sense of humor. Only thing that would've topped that is if they dropped a santa hat on Satan and made him the Xmas drop.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
The Chibi gods are kinda awful. I'm assuming their only purposes are for low-cost dungeons?

I'm still 0/8 on 0-stone (I don't ever stone descends anymore. Not only is REM stuff better about 99% of the time, with the stamina changes, there isn't much point) Extreme Devil Rush attempts. I've 0-stoned Extreme God Rush and Extreme Hera Rush, but I just can't get fucking lucky on cascades with my Anubis. I really wish I could get a damn Isis, Horus, Bastet, Kushi, Ra, or Okuninushi. Anubis is 100% luck reliant on non-color limited dungeons.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
The Chibi gods are kinda awful. I'm assuming their only purposes are for low-cost dungeons?

I'm still 0/8 on 0-stone (I don't ever stone descends anymore. Not only is REM stuff better about 99% of the time, with the stamina changes, there isn't much point) Extreme Devil Rush attempts. I've 0-stoned Extreme God Rush and Extreme Hera Rush, but I just can't get fucking lucky on cascades with my Anubis. I really wish I could get a damn Isis, Horus, Bastet, Kushi, Ra, or Okuninushi. Anubis is 100% luck reliant on non-color limited dungeons.
There are so many other viable teams "as good as" horus/bastet/ra/okunushi/kushinada, ... blue healers, green attackers, red dragons, light metatron/LZL/DQXQ , kirin, christmas kirin, red burst (ame/set), Red Sonia Devils, Athena, GZL... I have Isis Horus, Bastet, Ra and Okunushi... and really only a "perfect" bastet, kushinada, or Okunushi team is any way better than any of those other bursty Row or TPA teams.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
There are so many other viable teams "as good as" horus/bastet/ra/okunushi/kushinada, ... blue healers, green attackers, red dragons, light metatron/LZL/DQXQ , kirin, christmas kirin, red burst (ame/set), Red Sonia Devils, Athena, GZL... I have Isis Horus, Bastet, Ra and Okunushi... and really only a "perfect" bastet, kushinada, or Okunushi team is any way better than any of those other bursty Row or TPA teams.
Right, but those other teams are all very reliant on specific subs to be optimal. I have an Athena team that is partially coming together, but without Izanagi, it's completely worthless. I'd have an amazing fucking red row/burst team (+297 Cao-Cao, Dino Rider, Freyr, Mitsuki, Ronia, etc.), but I don't have an Ame. I'd have an amazing blue healer team, but I don't have a BMeta. I could even make it work with an LMeta, but also don't have that. I'd have a pretty awesome red attacker team, but I'm short a ROdin. So, I'm pretty close to having a lot of other options, but Anubis, Horus, Isis, Ra, etc. can be filled with almost any sub and see success. Plus, I fucking loathe stalling in this game, so I tend to want teams that can brute-force through shit.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Yea, Athena really only works with Ixanagi, Thor, Or GZL. Heracles is pretty much crap, and so is king flamie. although the new blue knight with the sick God ATK boost would work too depending on where those come from (hopefully not rem).

I think if you've got light metatron you'd honestly just be better off building a complete team off that, light meta, sun quon, sandalphon, valk, echidna is pretty boss in any/every dungeon. The burst isn't nearly as high as a row or TPA team, but most dungeons don't require 5 mil burst, and a few of the ones that DO are great for light teams. I like my metatron team almost as much as Bastet even if the burst isn't as high, but I do require CTW to get full burst out of Bastet, without at least 2 rows and 6 combos, her damage is pretty subpar. (3 rows, 7 combo ideal board will get me around 7ish mil dmg)

And light metatron is an essential sub for Athena team anyway, especially if you don't have a Ceres or Amaterasu skilled up.

I do enjoy the ease of use with Athena, just 12 light orbs enhanced with Ixanagi and Athena and she'll hit for over a million with a couple off color combos.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I absolutely love Athena. She can brute force through most things, which I love in a team. I have a Ceres, but I'm missing a Mei-Mei and the piece that ties the whole thing together: Izanagai. She's definitely the team I'd love to work on next. Her double TPA awakenings make her hit like a freight train.

I think Sandalphon is highly overrated. His active cooldown is horrible and his descend is a pain in the ass, so it makes skillups a chore. I'd loveanyof the Metas, honestly.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Anyone else still grinding away in P&D? I get the sense that pretty much everyone burned out, but I'm still enjoying the game. I have beastly Ronia, Athena, DQXQ, Ra and Anubis teams, and I'm working on a mono-blue with some mix of Hermes, Gabriel, Karin, Neptune and Siegfried (haven't yet worked out the kinks or final comp... or if it will even work).

I've also started playing Crusader's Quest while I wait for stamina to refill. That game is insanely fun and acts as a great counterpoint to P&D.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I still pop in every few days, if I have stones I roll Godfests. Over 500 days played now, rank 270something, no Godfest exclusives.

Biggest problem is the lack of steady play makes me soft. I usually play Lu Bu when I do play, so when I try to play Kirin or Bastet(I did the newer devil Uvo) I'm pretty awful.

Gankak

Vyemm Raider
I still log in every day. I have been doing the challenge dungeons when I can complete them, level 6 seems to be as far as I can go thus far. The new descendeds don't make me want to log in. The newest one coming is some sort of super sonia that is supposed to be the hardest of all the descendeds thus far.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I still log in daily. I'm up to level 9 on the latest challenge modes, but a lot of the "difficulty" in the hardest descends/challenge modes comes down to luck. You have to have Anubis level multipliers to one-shot most stuff (if you don't one-shot, you're either dead or in an unrecoverable spiral), so if you don't get lucky with cascades, you lose. It isn't really "difficult" in the traditional sense and most people who complete them do so by getting lucky. It took me 6 tries to get through level 7 and when I completed it, it wasn't because I used some great skill/monster combo, or some insanely smart strategy, it's because I finally got lucky with cascades on round 4 (most levels have a "gate" monster, sometimes multiple).

And I agree with Gankak, the latest descends have all been chock full of novelty monsters. 99% of monsters needed to get through the hardest descends come from the REM. The last really good, descend only monster that was released was probably Athena. Sandolphon would be on that list, but his skill cooldown is ridiclous(25 turns is insane for what it does). Hera-Ur is decent as well now (thanks to UVO), but I think Athena was released after.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
I'm still playing. Honestly, I'm not good enough at combos to consistently break 7 or 8 to get the skyfalls to 9 or 10 for Anubis (let alone the 10+ for DD Anubis). There isn't any other strategy for most of the high-end dungeons, so I just try to make novelty teams (pulled Red GY and both healer and attacker ZLs, so I'm trying to build those teams).

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
I still log in, I don't always spend all my stamina, but I've been just skilling things up as the dungeons have come back to back to back of monsters I have. I need like 25 million green xp - and might have a GZL team sometime next winter. Light meta skill up process really killed my current vibe. Needing 25 keeper of light is hurting my soul.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
I still log in, I don't always spend all my stamina, but I've been just skilling things up as the dungeons have come back to back to back of monsters I have. I need like 25 million green xp - and might have a GZL team sometime next winter. Light meta skill up process really killed my current vibe. Needing 25 keeper of light is hurting my soul.
why not only run mystics on mondays for a few weeks, spread it out.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Unfortunately, they've replaced it and then some with equally as shitty monsters.

I'm still playing, but not much is a "challenge". I've done all the rushes and only challenge dungeon levels 9 and 10 are ever "difficult", but still 98% reliant on luck. I'm looking forward to the " endless" dungeon they've been talking about and the coming "awoken" evolutions.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Unfortunately, they've replaced it and then some with equally as shitty monsters.

I'm still playing, but not much is a "challenge". I've done all the rushes and only challenge dungeon levels 9 and 10 are ever "difficult", but still 98% reliant on luck. I'm looking forward to the " endless" dungeon they've been talking about and the coming "awoken" evolutions.
How'd you do Hera Rush/Ultimate Devil Rush/Ultimate Dragon Rush? I keep trying to make decent teams but every time they're reliant on 7+ combos. I'm hoping the andromeda team won't be, but god damn does it suck to skill up. I wish it was similar to Brave Frontier's style.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
How'd you do Hera Rush/Ultimate Devil Rush/Ultimate Dragon Rush? I keep trying to make decent teams but every time they're reliant on 7+ combos. I'm hoping the andromeda team won't be, but god damn does it suck to skill up. I wish it was similar to Brave Frontier's style.
Double Anubis leads, +297 max skilled Cao Cao for emergency delay/easier combos, max skilled Ronia for emergency poison/jammer clear/easier combos (I wanted Roa from the Fists of the Northstar egg machine so badly, but gave up after 5 pulls), max skilled GOdin for emergency heal, and newly UVOed Andromeda for skill block resist/emergency heal/easier combos.

After that, I just prayed for skyfall. Double anubis is about the only modifier aside from perhaps Ra that can do enough damage to 0-stone. I find Anubis easier to activate, however. I can consistently hit 7 combos on non-color limited dungeons, but unless you have time to setup the board (you don't on rushes) or orb-changers, 8+ consistently on non-color limited is practically impossible - you have to rely on luck. If it's color limited, Anubis makes it a joke/breeze, unless there are really shitty preemptives.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Double Anubis leads, +297 max skilled Cao Cao for emergency delay/easier combos, max skilled Ronia for emergency poison/jammer clear/easier combos (I wanted Roa from the Fists of the Northstar egg machine so badly, but gave up after 5 pulls), max skilled GOdin for emergency heal, and newly UVOed Andromeda for skill block resist/emergency heal/easier combos.

After that, I just prayed for skyfall. Double anubis is about the only modifier aside from perhaps Ra that can do enough damage to 0-stone. I find Anubis easier to activate, however. I can consistently hit 7 combos on non-color limited dungeons, but unless you have time to setup the board (you don't on rushes) or orb-changers, 8+ consistently on non-color limited is practically impossible - you have to rely on luck. If it's color limited, Anubis makes it a joke/breeze, unless there are really shitty preemptives.
Guess I need to work on my Anubis skills. I'm guessing you're doing D/L not D/D?