Quantum Leap

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
0.00 star(s) Rating: 0.00/5 2 Votes
Title: Quantum Leap

Genre: Drama, Sci-Fi & Fantasy

First aired: 2022-09-19

Creator: Steven Lilien, Bryan Wynbrandt

Cast: Raymond Lee, Ernie Hudson, Caitlin Bassett, Nanrisa Lee, Mason Alexander Park

Overview: It's been 30 years since Dr. Sam Beckett stepped into the Quantum Leap accelerator and vanished. Now a new team has been assembled to restart the project in the hopes of understanding the mysteries behind the machine and the man who created it.

• 1Cringe
Reactions: 1 user

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Its not a reboot so much as a continuation. The original Quantum Leap series happened in the context of this new series, which opens up the possibilities for interesting fan service. Shame that its going forward after Dean Stockwell passed as he was a driving force behind trying to get the series brought back in some form.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Its not a reboot so much as a continuation. The original Quantum Leap series happened in the context of this new series, which opens up the possibilities for interesting fan service. Shame that its going forward after Dean Stockwell passed as he was a driving force behind trying to get the series brought back in some form.
yes a continuation where the main leaper must be a AAPI or MENA and the helper MUST BE a woman, ethnithy is optional, while the chief engineer SHOULD BE non binary, while the boss of the project will be an older black man

• 1Blown

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
What do those mean? Can you give me the corresponding racial slurs please?
i had to look em up, these must be hollywood race terms

asian american or pacific islander

middle eastern north african

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
  • 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Have you guys ever watched Quantum Leap? It's mega woke. It's almost like it went back in time and was woke 30 years before woke was a thing.
I dont recall the two main characters being literal diversity hires.

Also come on, that show wasnt superwoke. You think they could get away with this today?

iu

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>

Also come on, that show wasnt superwoke. You think they could get away with this today?

iu
Right.

It was largely about 2 white guys being educated about the "lived experiences" (literally in the case of Sam) of people who were marginalized throughout RECENT history.

The show generally oscillated between more comedic episodes and more serious episodes, and almost all of the serious episodes were some kind of ultra-liberal propaganda about civil rights or gender politics.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Right.

It was largely about 2 white guys being educated about the "lived experiences" (literally in the case of Sam) of people who were marginalized throughout RECENT history.

The show generally oscillated between more comedic episodes and more serious episodes, and almost all of the serious episodes were some kind of ultra-liberal propaganda about civil rights or gender politics.
Theres a fundamental difference in how such things are presented today v 30+ years ago.

30 years ago it was we should treat everyone better.

Today its everything is the fault of white people, almost always white men and they need to do better.

Fresh Prince and 90s Xmen cartoon are some great examples of this. Plenty of social justice messages(xmen obviously being a cartoon built on it) that was directed at everyone. You think you will ever see a black man bitch out another black man for being a shitty father again?

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

iu

Jimmy!

Right.

That's a pretty cynical view of it. For me, as a Brit, it was fairly often an insight into American history and culture, if you disregard stuff like the vampire and evil leaper episodes.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Theres a fundamental difference in how such things are presented today v 30+ years ago.

30 years ago it was we should treat everyone better.

Today its everything is the fault of white people, almost always white men and they need to do better.
You might want to rewatch the show. White men in positions of power are generally not depicted well in the more serious episodes dealing with what we would consider today to be "woke politics." Many of the moral dilemmas are literally "white men are bad and they need to do better." Sometimes Sam is the marginalized person or sometimes he's the white guy who needs to learn to do better. It's not particularly subtle either.

I do not think there was a mainstream TV drama that had more liberal propaganda than this show until very, very recently.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

dean stockwell hasn't even been reborn as a cylon yet and theyre already rebooting

• 1Like

Caliane

Jimmy!

That's a pretty cynical view of it. For me, as a Brit, it was fairly often an insight into American history and culture, if you disregard stuff like the vampire and evil leaper episodes.
I mean, thats the flaw. its not an insight into American History and culture. its an insight into woke American history and culture from the point of view of some LA coked out hippie douchebag. and trust me, those assholes, have/had no idea what its like anywhere else in the country.

Who's got a link to that one black pilled alt-right guy talking about family ties? was it black pigeon speaks? (def not on youtube, can;t find it. when I say alt-right, I do mean it. person is an actual white separatist) Even if you aren't ready to accept all of it, and probably shouldn't, there is some/a lot of bullshit in it... there is absolutely still kernals of truth.

but anytime, you as a non-American, watch American TV and think, "this is what America is like". Remember, 99% of American TV is made in LA, or New York city, by rich assholes, that have never been anywhere else.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Mist is right. I remember thinking the same basic thoughts when I was watching them in first runs. I could see their politics were aggressive. Beckett kept trying to fix things that weren't accepted back then. I remember one where he was a black servant and got uppity with his mistress calling him a negra and thinking "Wouldn't this get you lynched?" Beckett was also quite anti-war. But it didn't keep me from enjoying most of the shows.

Reading what was written in that article, my expectations are very low because there's such a large cast. Quantum Leap had 2 cast members and maybe 1 or 2 semi-regulars. With that much cast, we're going to have a lot of scenes that are not the time traveler trying to figure out WTF is going on and that's what made the show good.

TV show information provided by The Movie Database