Quarm Server

yerm

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Somebody at daybreak thinks OOW is an amazing expansion. They've previously put forward the idea of bundling GoD with it to combat the post-pop burnout, I can only assume because some assclown in the company thinks everyone's dicks are equally hard about Omens. Probably the same dude who thought Wuoshi needed an instance.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
GoD was massively improved. I'm still not a huge fan, but it wasn't the hard dicking it was originally.

That said, I would be actually OK with GoD being bunched into the PoP era - maybe delay it by 9 weeks or something, but GoD was a very natural progression from PoP, gearing wise, where Omens is a hard gear reset that obsoletes GoD almost entirely.

Sterling

El Presidente
Putting GOD/OOW together is a great idea. GOD sucks hard.
This really isn't the case anymore. GoD has been tuned to be much more balanced than it was at the start. Combining expansions with different level caps is a horrible idea.

radditsu

Silver Knight of the Realm
This really isn't the case anymore. GoD has been tuned to be much more balanced than it was at the start. Combining expansions with different level caps is a horrible idea.
It killed my guild, fuck it. I have nothing but hate in my heart for that expansion.

Fulorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
We're getting a little off topic since this isn't the Phinigel thread, but I think 24 weeks of PoP will kill more guilds than GoD by itself would, at this stage in the game. And I remember my guild being killed by GoD (but also WoW - you can't put all the blame on GoD).

yerm

You can claim GoD killed your guild, but to suggest that OOW would have saved it takes a pretty big imagination leap.

radditsu

You can claim GoD killed your guild, but to suggest that OOW would have saved it takes a pretty big imagination leap.
Nobody knew OOW would be a decent as it was. God was a giant shit sandwich that made WOW look like a great idea.

Malakriss

Those who put up with GoD's faults and made it through the brutal buggy grind to get Qvic+ gear were summarily told our focuses were getting scaled in OoW. So yeah, we thought Warcraft looked really good at that point.

Siliconemelons

A proper and good transition into EQ2 that didn't suck is what was NEEDED at that time and they failed.. EQ2's storyline starts where POP - plane of time ended, it was a natural progression that didn't happen.

Aleatha

Kinda interested since it is an era I didn't play on live. Only ever did Anguish when it was pretty trivial at lvl 75. Still seems like too much grinding for a will be wiped experience.

Sterling

El Presidente
Kinda interested since it is an era I didn't play on live. Only ever did Anguish when it was pretty trivial at lvl 75. Still seems like too much grinding for a will be wiped experience.
If you're not in the first crew, you're not going to get to see it. It will get steamrolled really fast. Barring really stupid slow xp rate, this server will be done in under 2 weeks.

Aleatha

Was thinking they probably wouldn't immediately wipe the server when MM was beaten but the people who did it first would get some reward. Then maybe a lesser reward for anyone who accomplishes it in the time the server is up. If that turns out to be wrong then yea, pointless.

Zaide

TLP Idealist
Worth noting is that this server could result in a Kerafyrm kill. If people actually geared up in PoTime/Tacvi/Anguish and then went back and woke the sleeper it wouldn't take too many people. Depends on how long they let the server run, if people will have time to get decked out with the good Anguish/OMM gear.

vishnu_sl

shitlord
Sounds like fun. When is it going live?

Anyone forming groups for this yet? Looks like I'll be able to play full time for a change. Shoot me a pm for leet groupage...

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
A friend of mine is going to be putting a guild together to race for OMM, he said he is going to put the site together and all that other good stuff this weekend. Ill post his info once he finishes it this week, its a mix of people from ROI on live and TL from the TLP's.

Zithax

Molten Core Raider
A friend of mine is going to be putting a guild together to race for OMM, he said he is going to put the site together and all that other good stuff this weekend. Ill post his info once he finishes it this week, its a mix of people from ROI on live and TL from the TLP's.
I still hate myself, so I'll probably make an appearance on Quarm. Hey babe, when does luclin open on TLP?
smile.png