Question about Kegs of Beer / Alcohol content.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah I'm not a big fan of IPAs either. I'm like Tuco when it comes to Stout's... if they have one where I'm at, I'm drinking it.

Fadaar

That guy
I generally prefer the Belgian/German wheat beers. Pretty much the perfect combination of characteristics.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I don't know how it's possible to make a blanket statement like "I don't like IPAs" or "I don't like Stouts". Even within a single category of beer the tastes can vary so immensely that it's hard to disregard the entire category.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
i'd rather drink light beer than the room temperature crap in europe
Have you even been to Europe? Never been served a warm beer, even in London. The beer in Germany is incredible, if you like lagers and wheat beers. So crisp and fresh it's amazing.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know how it's possible to make a blanket statement like "I don't like IPAs" or "I don't like Stouts". Even within a single category of beer the tastes can vary so immensely that it's hard to disregard the entire category.
My issue is the first couple IPAs I tried tasted like absolute shit so I'm not willing to give others much of a try unless they come very highly recommended or someone is basically shoving it down my throat.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
I hate the huge IPA circle jerk that's been going on for the last two or three years. I don't mind one every once in a while but all it is now is just "beer snobs" that will only drink IPA's. Though it's not exactly an IPA, I've fallen in love with Chainbreaker, it's the perfect summer beer.

rrr_img_32316.jpg

Tea_sl

shitlord
My issue is the first couple IPAs I tried tasted like absolute shit so I'm not willing to give others much of a try unless they come very highly recommended or someone is basically shoving it down my throat.
You should keep trying them. If you see a rye IPA or black IPA go for it as that particular sub-sub-substyle will move the IPA from a very bitter, but middle of the road malty/fruity beer over to the malt side, which is where there starts to be some overlap with certain porters. I don't hate IPA's or any style of beer but they just aren't my preferred style, and there's nothing wrong with that. There is a lot of variation within a beer style, but there's a lot to bind that style together as well.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I prefer IPAs overall. My favorite beers are probably Pliny the Elder and Two Hearted Ale, but if a solid tripel is available, I will not pass it up. Tripels are just much harder to find.

I enjoy a good hefe from time to time but I'm really picky. Franziskaner or bust.

Itzena_sl

shitlord
Have you even been to Europe? Never been served a warm beer, even in London. The beer in Germany is incredible, if you like lagers and wheat beers. So crisp and fresh it's amazing.
The thing about "room-temperature" beer is it originally mean room-temperature before things like central heating, double-glazing and so on i.e. around 55-60 fahrenheit. That's a bit different from modern room temp.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Flanders reds, Strong old ales, barley wines, lambic - not fucking fruit lambics, farmhouses/ saisons, tripels, braggots, eisbocks, doppelbocks, marzens are what I like to drink the most. I drink pretty much everything though. America makes so much good beer across all styles that it would be a fucking shame to limit yourself, which is why I was ragging on IPAs and their huge market share.

Adam12

Molten Core Raider
I've had a few good IPA's that I didn't mind (I prefer stouts), but the IPA boom over the past decade has pretty much ruined it. It's turned into a bullshit hopdick measuring contest, and there sure as fuck is such a thing as too much hops. Most IPA's taste like brewery rejects...just bitter shit beer.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I've had a few good IPA's that I didn't mind (I prefer stouts), but the IPA boom over the past decade has pretty much ruined it. It's turned into a bullshit hopdick measuring contest, and there sure as fuck is such a thing as too much hops. Most IPA's taste like brewery rejects...just bitter shit beer.
I do like some IPAs, and others I outright hate. I can usually tell if I'll like it based on if they used the word "hop" somehow in the name of the beer. If so, they went overboard on the hops and probably ruined it. The harder they try to make a witty hop-related pun for a name, the worse the beer probably is. Hopulent, Hopsicle, Hoptimus Prime, Hop Stoopid, Modus Hoperandi...all suck.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Fucking stunned it took almost 30 posts for a thread about beer to devolve in to beer snob faggotry. Unheard of.
Pittsburgh must be a bitter place. So much hate in your heart. There have to be plenty of churches around to help you let Jesus into your heart.

Duppin_sl

shitlord
Yeah, I'm starting to get back into beer after not being able to drink much for a while, and the IPA nonsense makes it hard to find good beers that aren't a contest to see how much hops they can cram into a 12 ounce bottle.

Drinking a nice one from Lagunitas right now called "A Little Sumpin' Sumpin' Ale" that is just a slightly hoppy wheat beer. Very tasty.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do like some IPAs, and others I outright hate. I can usually tell if I'll like it based on if they used the word "hop" somehow in the name of the beer. If so, they went overboard on the hops and probably ruined it. The harder they try to make a witty hop-related pun for a name, the worse the beer probably is. Hopulent, Hopsicle, Hoptimus Prime, Hop Stoopid, Modus Hoperandi...all suck.
Victory Hop Devil invalidates you. Or at least proves an exception since I'd generally agree with you that its a red flag. The best IPA's are a delight from the smell of the hops to the complex taste that starts out one way, changes through the middle and finishes off differently too. Its like wines though, often seems like its more a contest of who can come up with the most clever name and catchy label more than actually making some quality stuff.