Racism - Lets keep it civil. Also, Gravy is white.

iannis

Musty Nester
Oh, Ohio.

Yeah, I guess that's north. I thought you were talking about New England and I did a massive wtf.

Them upstate rednecks flying the colors. Fight the man, man!

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
A friend from Alabama didn't believe me when I told him we have Rednecks in the north too. It totally blew his mind when I showed him pictures of us all at a mudbog full of confederate flags in Northern Michigan.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
The thing is, it's really not a complex issue.

There's a couple of different ways to see racism.

1> All races are inherently equal, treating races differently in any way is racism, and racism is fundamentally evil.
1a> But only prejudice + power = racism, if you lack social power you can't be racist.
2> All races are inherently equal and most of what we see as racial differences are cultural differences, and treating people differently based on race is stupidity in general
3> Races are not inherently equal, treating different races differently is ok

Thats basically the positions, everyone falls into one of them, and only 3 is really wrong, but 1a just makes you an sjw homo.
/thread

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
OK here's a serious answer: racism is when you're shitty to another person because they're not like you.

Anything else and you're over complicating things just for the sake of putting a label on someone's motivations.
Pretty much how I view it. No need to complicate it with degrees and reason.

New England has em too. In MA we have several hick towns. I'm looking at you Middleboro
Bleh...anything past 495 is Hicksville man. Minus Worcester and Springfield. But why anyone would want to live in those two cities is beyond me.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Shit, we have rednecks in Oregon too, you just need to head out to the eastern part where there is nothing to do but smoke meth and hate blacks.

I view racism like Draegan, anytime you are against someone just cause they are a different pigment than you are.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
That picture could literally be talking about the Mike Brown thread from last year.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Pretty much how I view it. No need to complicate it with degrees and reason.

Bleh...anything past 495 is Hicksville man. Minus Worcester and Springfield. But why anyone would want to live in those two cities is beyond me.
I think you're right, and I think it gets worse the further away from 495 you get

Middleboro has pink-eye village though. Roofs made out of tarps and dirt floors

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Eugenics, genism.

We'd love to hire you but it says here that your genes are shit and you're bad at everything. Suzy, have the drones dump this subhuman out back.
We do that already in a broad way with intelligence tests. If you can't score in the top 5% on the LSAT (which is not a knowledge-based test, it's more of an IQ or reasoning test) you're not going to get into a top 14 law school, and unless you do that you're probably not going to get to work at a top law firm. They will tell you to gtfo. Just as one example.

Same for the top investment firms with the top MBA grads...

These guys are genetically blessed with intelligence. If you lack it, gtfo.

Although I think I agree they should have to look at your actual accomplishments and not your genes since a lot of people are smart or stupid despite their genetics...

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Eh, genetics and work ethic. Some people are naturally brilliant but mostly everyone I graduated high school with that got good SAT/ACT were also the ones who worked the hardest at school. Very few were just naturally gifted. Its almost like playing a musical instrument. Sure there is a certain level of natural talent there but the good players have also put in thousands of hours at it as well. So you need a combination of both but probably most lies in the work ethic side.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Eh, genetics and work ethic. Some people are naturally brilliant but mostly everyone I graduated high school with that got good SAT/ACT were also the ones who worked the hardest at school. Very few were just naturally gifted. Its almost like playing a musical instrument. Sure there is a certain level of natural talent there but the good players have also put in thousands of hours at it as well. So you need a combination of both but probably most lies in the work ethic side.
There are also lots of people who put in thousands of hours at a musical instrument and still sound like Katy Perry

Definitely got to have both
smile.png

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I like that racism and civil is in the title. Like as in civil rights? Get it?
I was thinking civil war.

The problem with people who think racism is only when you have predjudice + power is that they then try to claim that proves only whites can be racist. As if a black person can't have any power.

Racism is only still alive because of the race baiters who make a living crying about it. I believe once that generation dies off, we'll be good. By and large most people in my parents generation were racist. Most people in my generation are not, and it's getting even rarer in our kids' generation. I mean look at the fact that urban youth apparently think the n word just refers to a man. I didn't realize that until precious told us in the trayvon trial, but since then I've been seeing it more and more. Kids today are ready to let go of racism if the old fucks would just let them.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
The more I think about it, the more I realize that I don't hate people over race...but over their lifestyle choices. Or their socioeconomic standing and outlook. I've cut off dozens of friends because of these reasons. White and black.

My little crew of friends consists of a couple white guys and a couple black guys. We crack remarks about anyone regardless of race. It's usually about stupidity, and laziness really. And of course the occasional PWT or dumb ass Kang Nog doing PWT shit or Kang Nog shit. Some racist shit being said? Yup, a lotta times. But over the decades we just don't give a fuck to the point some of the shit we say to each other has people in shock.

We are in Microcenter, and my boy who is white puts a big ol bag of M&M's and a soda up to the register for me to pay for along with my cables. I look at him and say "Wakandan you owe me 10 bucks from that hot dog joint" or some shit like that. The people in line and the cashier were totally aghast! My boy chuckles because he knew I had offended people without caring or thinking about it. Nor was HE offended.

My son has no racism in him. Nor do his friends. So soon this racism shit will fade away I am sure.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
I'm afraid if the white guy had said the same thing, they'd have come unglued.

For the record, I feel exactly as you, Brahma. I only discriminate against dumb fucks. Stupidity doesn't have a color.

Edit: And for those who still don't know, there's been some confusion, I'm white. My avatar is Joe Delaney.