Racism - Lets keep it civil. Also, Gravy is white.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I'm afraid if the white guy had said the same thing, they'd have come unglued.

For the record, I feel exactly as you, Brahma. I only discriminate against dumb fucks. Stupidity doesn't have a color.

Edit: And for those who still don't know, there's been some confusion, I'm white. My avatar is Joe Delaney.
giphy.gif

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There are also lots of people who put in thousands of hours at a musical instrument and still sound like Katy Perry

Definitely got to have both
smile.png
"Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration."

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Gravy is actually Sausage Gravy?! We need a name change Amod.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Khane and Gravy are our resident "White Guys With Black Avatars So Everyone Thought They Were Black" dudes.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I'm white, with a black avatar and everyone thinks I'm Asian(from the waist down?).

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The thing is, it's really not a complex issue.

There's a couple of different ways to see racism.

1> All races are inherently equal, treating races differently in any way is racism, and racism is fundamentally evil.
1a> But only prejudice + power = racism, if you lack social power you can't be racist.
2> All races are inherently equal and most of what we see as racial differences are cultural differences, and treating people differently based on race is stupidity in general
3> Races are not inherently equal, treating different races differently is ok

Thats basically the positions, everyone falls into one of them, and only 3 is really wrong, but 1a just makes you an sjw homo.
I always definedracismas number three. Like the KKK style of "the negro is biologically inferior to the master white race" approach to racism. Which is horrifying and dangerous and results in people getting lynched or curbstomped.

Everything else I think of as racial prejudice. Which is a bad thing and causes inequalities and injustices, but its not the same as "racism" to me. Its just profiling and disparities in treatment.

Maybe I'm too hopeful but I feel like both are fading away with generations, but the racism is disappearing much faster than the prejudice. Prejudices can be fueled by cultural and social forces and are therefore much harder to break down as they are an intrinsic part of the world around us. The idea that blacks (or anyone) are inherently inferior is simply dying off with generations IMO, to the point that most people's kids would probably find the concept to be unthinkably absurd.

I'm also not Ed Reed. I don't know if that needed to be said?
tongue.png

Gravy

Bronze Squire
See, you're all a bunch of damned racists. Just because a guy loves BBQ and funk he's gotta be black?

I never denied or confirmed when people said I was black, simply for the fact that it didn't matter, and it was a fun ruse.

Khane bro and I had black avatars before it was cool. Brahma's is still the most badass, though.

Edit: And at least one guy from the board knew I was white, because we met up when he was in town to have some feasting, and he was looking for a black guy, too.

Soygen

<Nazi Janitors>
I knew Gravy was white, but only because this exact discussion has happened here before.

Gravy

Bronze Squire
Well, we were black Irish. I'm feeling repressed all over again. I might be triggered or something. Rape.

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
Don't see how khane's or gravy's race has ever been important enough for me to think about it. But since this is a gaming forum, it's safe to play the odds and assume everyone is a white male virgin until told otherwise.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
For me an example of racism, or at the very least hypocrisy, are all the people who don't care that Ted Cruz was born in a foreign country, to a foreign father, and at the same time don't apply that same standard to Obama.

Obama was born in a foreign country, to a foreign father, same shit as Cruz, and no one fucking cares about Cruz, in fact his tea party supporters are probably birthers themselves.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That's more of a political thing than a racial thing I think. If there was a white Dem as a sitting president in the same situation they would be all over that too.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I am triggered by Brahma talking about racism, saying Wakandan in a public store "and not meaning anything by it" and then having a Tookie Williams avatar. Head might asplode