Rage 2

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
This is a "wait for the reviews" kind of game for me after F76 and Rage 1
Yeah, I really wanted to like Rage 1, but it was a classic case of trying to hamfist a game into a tech demo. It was nobody’s passion project, or the originator of the passion project moved on. The marketing for this game does seem to have a lot of character and style, though, so I’m cautiously optimistic.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Rage 1 looked great visually, had a kinda cool story, I played it quite a bit and even liked it. But it was a tech demo and Borderlands did everything it did better in every way, and I don't even really like Borderlands gameplay (too repetitive, not a huge Diablo fan either tbph).

Plus id isn't really id any more anyway. Carmack is long gone. and Bethsoft have really rubbed me the wrong way with 76. I am having a hard time even considering buying anything from them for awhile.

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Maybe after a bunch of patches it looked great, but at release.... well, if it was a tech demo, then it was a tech demo for a game engine that still belonged in alpha testing. Seemed like back then Carmack was busy doing everything but sitting down and coding for id Tech 5 and most of the work was done by people far less talented.

The game itself was just awful, and I doubt any amount of patching could have fixed that. It was like it wanted to be Fallout 3, except they didn't bother putting in RPG mechanics, or really any more depth/progression than you'd see in old school Doom/Quake design.

Definitely agree with the last bit though. With the current state of id and Bethesda's track record, this is still just a rental even if reviews are glowing and ACG says it's a must-buy.

• 1Solidarity

gak

<Gold Donor>
I remember the epic facepalm in rage1 when I pulled the trigger on an enemy and it magically knew I pulled the trigger, so it dodged perfectly as the gun went off. "Legendary A.I."

r.jpg

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Watching the replay of Cohh's Rage 2 stream, and to be honest, the game looks as fun as the videos imply. The "overdrive" feature for weapons is insane.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Been watching a bunch of gameplay videos and man this game looks likes its going to be a lot of fun. I never played the first and never heard of this until yesterday when it popped up in a Facebook ad. I guess those ads really do work cause I went from never having heard of it to I'll probably end up getting it in a matter of 24 hours. .

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
first one bored me to fucking tears within 2 hours. I'm feeling pretty hesitant about this being much better but we'll see.

• 1Solidarity

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I remember rage looking like a hot mess a crap at release, so never purchased it. This looks fun and purchasable.

Fadaar

That guy
I think this is more Borderlands ripoff this time around. Gonna be hilarious when this is what we wish BL3 was.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
well that went from buy to pirate right quick

• 1Like

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>

Certainly a good god damn trailer. I so rarely play FPS and Doom Eternal is definitely happening this year sooo... yeah..

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
On a good note, they will allow reviews to be released this coming Monday.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Lots of streamers playing this now.

73% so far

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
Read somewhere that if doom and mad max had a baby, this is what you'd get.

EDIT watch video Lodi Lodi linked might have been where it came from

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Streamers are ripping this game to shreds - completely shallow and devoid of any character depth, building, and 12 hours in length.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah the reviews are not looking good. 12 ish hours for a single player game? No thanks.