Raid: Shadow Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Hey there,

I have recently stopped playing Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes and have been looking for another fix. I've found this:

It's a fantasy champion collection game just like Summoner Wars or Marvel Strike Force. If you're into these kind of games, it's pretty good. It has also released only recently (February with a prior beta), which means you're not far behind if you start now. It has pretty good graphics, hundreds of champions and a focus on pve (there is pvp, of course). There is a lot of strategy with team composition and equipment to beat different parts of the game.

This is my referal link (Android and iOS): Raid: Shadow Legends

Decent, recent gameplay video by MobileGamer:

(Oh and: Athel or Kael. Don't waste your skill tomes!)

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chersk

Trakanon Raider
I went pretty hard with it for a day or two and recently hit the paywall feeling. It is really good for this sort of game though.

Hachima

Molten Core Raider
The referal link above is broken. It doesn't look like you can add people once installed though.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I've had so many shitty youtube adds and youtubers paid shilling for it that I don't trust this at all.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I've been trying it out for a few days now. It's enjoyable, but I'm not sure that I'm a fan of the hero upgrade system. It's an absurd amount of grinding that will become even more absurd when my new player 100% bonus xp wears off in a few days. If I get serious I'll load this up on Nox so I can have an auto repeat. As it stands now, you can fully automate battles, but you must manually click on "Repeat" when the rewards screen pops up.

• 1Like

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
It's actually pretty good looking. And yes, it's a grind. Gacha games tend to be. I enjoy the PVE direction of the game. It's new, if you prefer getting into a game early rather than playing catchup later. That's why I brought attention to it. To each his own, I guess.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I've decided my grind complaints aren't actually about the grind but rather the lack of granularity (lol) around energy and lack of auto repeat. I've been playing King's Raid for the past 18 months and I can use items that increase energy by X amount (not just fully restore, etc) and I don't have to interact with the game to automatically repeat a level I've already beaten. The fact that I have to sit here and monitor the game and push the button every 30 seconds is what makes this feel different (and worse) than King's Raid, in spite of King's Raid having just as intense of a grind.

Nightrun

Golden Knight of the Realm
Started playing this also. I picked athel as as my starter. So far I haven't had any luck pulling any 4 or 5 stars. Do we have a clan yet?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Not sure we had enough interested so I joined some random clan from chat. Seem to be capable of doing at least Easy Mode Clan Boss.

You should end up getting Shaman and Jizoh from new player rewards after two weeks which will round our other 4*s. My pulls haven’t been great but there are a few second tier shards that begin to trickle in. I’ve pulled an Oathbound, Jinglehunter, and Steelskull so far. Mainly focusing on my Kael for CB and Campaign clears.

Still on the fence overall but there’s supposedly a large update coming soon that introduces changes and new content. We’ll see. It kills time at work when I don’t want to listen to a conference call.

Nightrun

Golden Knight of the Realm
Just fused relickeeper and pulled kael off a green shard same day. Now I'm torn who to 6 star first. Athel, kael, or rk

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
Go with Kael or Athel (your preference). Both are mid/end game viable for farming, arena, dungeons and clan boss. Relic Keeper is not. Even after 2 months, I still use Kael for everything (don't like Athel's long animations). Relic Keeper is gathering dust in the vault.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I’m working on 6*ing my Kael but it is slow going. Think I have about half of my 4*s done, probably going to buy an xp bonus pot and grind out some of this 1600sta I have banked. But my Kael isn’t really strong enough to solo through a Hard stage so just stuck doing like floor 5 on stage 11 or something for 3300xp a pop or so.

Ragosh

Molten Core Raider
9-2 and 12-3 are very blue affinity friendly. A 50 Kael with okish gear should be able to do 9-2 brutal for 15.6k xp total (11-5 is 11.6k, there is a list on reddit somewhere).

Try 4 life steal and 2 crit rate set items. Crit rate or damage gloves, ATK chest, ATK or speed boots. Aim for 70% crit rate - if you can do that without crit rate gloves, go crit damage gloves. Same with ATK boots, if you can get ~120 speed without speed primary. You should have some decent life steal gear from login rewards (hopefully).

If you don't have decent gear, try to get to brutal campaign asap to farm 5* gear. Getting to brutal asap is generally good advice. You should easily get there with your starter hero and a support/hp hero with high health and the shield set + 2 random damage AOE heroes (even the white battle sister at 40 works fine). You get shield set parts from the market and once as a login reward. You should totally buy all the slots in the market btw. 50 starter hero + support with shield set is a good approach to 3* normal and hard as well.

Im also on discord, if you have more questions.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
9-2 and 12-3 are very blue affinity friendly. A 50 Kael with okish gear should be able to do 9-2 brutal for 15.6k xp total (11-5 is 11.6k, there is a list on reddit somewhere).

Try 4 life steal and 2 crit rate set items. Crit rate or damage gloves, ATK chest, ATK or speed boots. Aim for 70% crit rate - if you can do that without crit rate gloves, go crit damage gloves. Same with ATK boots, if you can get ~120 speed without speed primary. You should have some decent life steal gear from login rewards (hopefully).

If you don't have decent gear, try to get to brutal campaign asap to farm 5* gear. Getting to brutal asap is generally good advice. You should easily get there with your starter hero and a support/hp hero with high health and the shield set + 2 random damage AOE heroes (even the white battle sister at 40 works fine). You get shield set parts from the market and once as a login reward. You should totally buy all the slots in the market btw. 50 starter hero + support with shield set is a good approach to 3* normal and hard as well.

Im also on discord, if you have more questions.

Hope that helps. Cheers.

Was dinking around trying to regear Kael and ended up with this as about as good as I can pull right now. Can’t show each individual piece stats since on my phone and can’t edit pictures. Only 4* Epic Lifesteal Helm and Shield bc they were the only pieces stated more or less correctly. Had to farm the rest and they’re just basic 4* pieces.

Also pretty much have my 4* fodder leveled to 40 to 5* them for Kael. Just need a couple more level 1 4*s.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Was dinking around trying to regear Kael and ended up with this as about as good as I can pull right now. Can’t show each individual piece stats since on my phone and can’t edit pictures. Only 4* Epic Lifesteal Helm and Shield bc they were the only pieces stated more or less correctly. Had to farm the rest and they’re just basic 4* pieces.

Also pretty much have my 4* fodder leveled to 40 to 5* them for Kael. Just need a couple more level 1 4*s.
Conventional wisdom says to save your food and silver for the imminent events at the end of this week.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Ah I can see that.

Any reason I’d want a second Kael? Mine’s already full skilled.
Depends on how serious you are. Kael is pretty good in arena and CB, but the masteries don't really overlap. Having a second Kael means you can have one for arena/farming and one for CB.

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Ah I can see that.

Any reason I’d want a second Kael? Mine’s already full skilled.
Next event starts tomorrow morning and is a leveling/upgrade event. Hope you saved your food 😬

• 1Like