Raid: Shadow Legends

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Finally used some of the crystals I'd been hoarding now that there's a summon event. Pulled a Romero, Vrask, and Bellower. Pretty lucky!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Been on the road way too much the last 4 weeks but finally sat down today and 6*d my Kael. Should be good to push me through to Brutal. Almost exclusively farmed Hard 9-2 with double do, but wasn’t bad. Really need to stock up on XP now and am slightly considering maybe one of the 7 day packs for shards and xp.

Also was able to do a few pulls and came out with:

- High Khatun (technically from log in reward)
- Aothar
- Sinesha
- Delver
- Kallia (have had for a bit I think)

Aothar and Sinesha look pretty nice. Need to look up some guides for hearing them. Also been sitting on every Epic Skill Book so far and kinda want to decide where to start using them.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I just started playing this game a few weeks ago. I don't have much experience with mobile games, but this one is pretty fun.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I still play daily. It isn’t anything special but keeps me occupied. Too bad the thread isn’t very active.

If you’re on US Server (or however it is broken out I guess...) room 461 seems to be a lot of top end guys.

Can’t say much about the Wiki or Reddit page but ChoseN / Chofly Mobile has quite a bit of useful YouTube videos and spreadsheets.

Just ask in here and I’ll help if I can.

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
my RL friend is trying to get me into it. I'm level 5, barely done nothing. what should i be doing daily in the game?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
my RL friend is trying to get me into it. I'm level 5, barely done nothing. what should i be doing daily in the game?

I’d focus on knocking out your dailies and weeklies which will pump up your monthly. It is a decent source of Ancient Shards, XP, and XP Bonus. Just check them and at the start make sure you’re knocking them out instead of wasting STA.

Focus on moving the campaign along. Depending on who you started with Aethel or Kael are both viable end game campaign farmers. My Kael can clear 12-# carrying fodder. That was probably the largest source of quality improvement. Getting him to 6* has made so much more accessible.

You should be able to clear the campaign with him + some of the other Rare / Epic you get from pulls. Check out Reddit or a Tier list to get an idea of what is super worthwhile but I wouldn’t fuse away any Rares unless they are just absolute dog tier. Never know what patches will change.

Don’t worry about using skill books on Kael or your main Rare, they are somewhat common. I wouldn’t feed away Epic or Legendary Skill Books though, at least not until you pull someone you want to invest heavily in.

The Daily Quests are separate from the Challenges and Missions and are very not linear so to speak. So I’d just keep an eye out on what is coming up. Like don’t do 5 Arena battles for your daily and then see you had a Challenge for do 5 arena battles but now you’re out of coins. It is a little too much to micro and you can always just do it later.

Arena is pretty easy. You get a free refresh every 15 minutes and quite often find people with just a single level 1 defender. I made it to Gold 1 doing that and not focusing on an Arena specific team.

Top three armor slots are always ATK, HP, and DEF, with the bottom three being your ATK%, Crit%, Crit Rate%. You probably really only want flat ACC or SPD as your stats, either primary or secondary. And go from there for your character. I’m terrible at building equipment for characters and have no idea what is good for who.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been grinding this out for a couple months now. Got a solid CB team pulling about 7-8mil dmg on a Nightmare key.

Gearing appropriately is everything here. CB boss is basically a DPS race. The tougher the CB boss, the faster speed he innately has. A crucial CB team gearing is Speed primary stat boot slot on every toon. HP Burn is huge (doesn't stack), followed by 5% poisons (do stack). Accuracy becomes an issue to land your spells in Hard+ CB bosses. Once you 6* and Ascend, you can get Accuracy primary stat banner slot gear with some lucky drops from Spider's Den.

Also, needless to say, Masteries are crucial. Warmaster or GiantSlayer mastery is a huge boost to your CB damage. Building a team for WM/GS mastery grinding feels like a bottomless pit of Energy resources needed. Once you get your first 4 chars fully mastered, it goes a hell of a lot quicker grinding masters on new characters. Never ever use Auto on CB. The AI is pretty bad and can make a massive difference manually running a team.

Arena is a fun dynamic. Speed here is key. Get in your hits before they get the chance. A lot of people end up building glass cannons, but if you can get in before them (or their buffs), you have a big edge. Using a hero with a Speed Aura helps immensely. I was lucky enough to pull a Mortuu-Macaab (Legendary) and pumped him full. Apothercary is a speed buffer / healer. Apoth opens with speed buff, then Mortu AOE's a block buffs against the opposite team. The AI is dumb and the toons will still try and buff themselves, even if a block buffs is up on the whole team, wasting a turn.

My Clan is in the top 250 now and we are working on Nightmare CB. Let me know if you have questions.

Quick edit.. I've got the majority of my Legendaries from Ancient Shards (Blue). Don't waste P2W money on the Sacred Shards (Yellow).

Last edited:

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Been grinding this out for a couple months now. Got a solid CB team pulling about 7-8mil dmg on a Nightmare key.

Gearing appropriately is everything here. CB boss is basically a DPS race. The tougher the CB boss, the faster speed he innately has. A crucial CB team gearing is Speed primary stat boot slot on every toon. HP Burn is huge (doesn't stack), followed by 5% poisons (do stack). Accuracy becomes an issue to land your spells in Hard+ CB bosses. Once you 6* and Ascend, you can get Accuracy primary stat banner slot gear with some lucky drops from Spider's Den.

Also, needless to say, Masteries are crucial. Warmaster or GiantSlayer mastery is a huge boost to your CB damage. Building a team for WM/GS mastery grinding feels like a bottomless pit of Energy resources needed. Once you get your first 4 chars fully mastered, it goes a hell of a lot quicker grinding masters on new characters. Never ever use Auto on CB. The AI is pretty bad and can make a massive difference manually running a team.

Arena is a fun dynamic. Speed here is key. Get in your hits before they get the chance. A lot of people end up building glass cannons, but if you can get in before them (or their buffs), you have a big edge. Using a hero with a Speed Aura helps immensely. I was lucky enough to pull a Mortuu-Macaab (Legendary) and pumped him full. Apothercary is a speed buffer / healer. Apoth opens with speed buff, then Mortu AOE's a block buffs against the opposite team. The AI is dumb and the toons will still try and buff themselves, even if a block buffs is up on the whole team, wasting a turn.

My Clan is in the top 250 now and we are working on Nightmare CB. Let me know if you have questions.

Quick edit.. I've got the majority of my Legendaries from Ancient Shards (Blue). Don't waste P2W money on the Sacred Shards (Yellow).

I’m not going to quite finish up this event but wasn’t super interested in the Champ. More used it as an excuse to do some heavy grinding and can make two more 6*s and almost a third just off all the food. Also have about 20 Ancients and 5 Voids saved up for the next summoning event.

After that I really really need to work on my gear and dungeon grinds. Just need to figure out who to put together, grind out Spider for accessories, and go from there.

Grabbit Allworth

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you guys have a reliable site to recommend for proper gearing of new players? I've done some Googling, but there's a lot of conflicting ideas.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I’m not going to quite finish up this event but wasn’t super interested in the Champ. More used it as an excuse to do some heavy grinding and can make two more 6*s and almost a third just off all the food. Also have about 20 Ancients and 5 Voids saved up for the next summoning event.

After that I really really need to work on my gear and dungeon grinds. Just need to figure out who to put together, grind out Spider for accessories, and go from there.

Yea, some of the events are amazing and some just aren't worth it. This latest one required a massive investment of Silver to upgrade artifacts (probably close to 20mil) and the final reward champ seemed pretty mediocre. I usually grind the Events up to the point of Legendary Tome rewards. They are fairly rare in the game. Wait to find a truly good Legendary before spending those!

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Do you guys have a reliable site to recommend for proper gearing of new players? I've done some Googling, but there's a lot of conflicting ideas.

I've had to rely on my Clan and their Discord for reliable info. As you said, the info out there is pretty sporadic.

The Reddit thread has some good core info post though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
The new player guides on the Reddit are very good but are on the lengthy side. The tl;dr is look at the skills and see which stat is used to determine the power (ATK, DEF, HP, etc). Get that % as a main stat on your chest. Get gloves with Crit rate or Crit dmg % main stat depending on your need. Get boots with speed main stat. Aim for weapon, shield, helm with % sub stats instead of flat rate substats. Use sets that make sense for that hero (offense for attack, Crit rate if you’re not at least 70%, etc).

All that is very basic. The guides provide more in depth analysis and are worth the read.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Managed to pull a Martyr (Legendary) from the double Epic / Legendary weekend. Fully geared and Masteries done and with her team counterattack buff, she's single-handedly taken my CB team from around 8mil per Nightmare key up to 12mil per!

Also pulled a Tayrel and Steelskull which are end-game CB team material. The big hurdle I face now is re-gearing an entire CB to Vampire gear sets. The top tier CB teams run full vamp sets and no healer. They rely on GiantSlayer & Warmaster mastery procs, which do return heals on them. Vrask has been a fantastic healer for me, but he basically does no damage. RNG on gear substats is going to make this effort take a while.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Managed to pull a Martyr (Legendary) from the double Epic / Legendary weekend. Fully geared and Masteries done and with her team counterattack buff, she's single-handedly taken my CB team from around 8mil per Nightmare key up to 12mil per!

Also pulled a Tayrel and Steelskull which are end-game CB team material. The big hurdle I face now is re-gearing an entire CB to Vampire gear sets. The top tier CB teams run full vamp sets and no healer. They rely on GiantSlayer & Warmaster mastery procs, which do return heals on them. Vrask has been a fantastic healer for me, but he basically does no damage. RNG on gear substats is going to make this effort take a while.
I also used Vrask for a long time. I got insanely lucky and pulled a Sir Nicholas a couple months ago and replaced Vrask with him. Just pulled a Tayrel a couple days ago so with the champ training event coming up in a couple days I’ll get him to at least 50 and find a spot for him on my team.

Currently using Martyr(WM), Sir Nich(WM), Cupidus(arena masteries), Athel(GS), Apothecary (GS)

I have a Foli that I should swap Athel with and I guess Tayrel for Cupidus. The mastery grind is brutal on energy though.

Edit: Also have a Septimus collecting dust. Haven’t used him because my team doesn’t have poisons or a lot of debuffs at the moment. I’ve just been coasting on my CB team since I can two ticket Grandmaster chest on brutal. I might move up to nightmare if my clan can afford another hitter. Sometimes we kill it super early.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
... I’ve just been coasting on my CB team since I can two ticket Grandmaster chest on brutal. I might move up to nightmare if my clan can afford another hitter. Sometimes we kill it super early.

Are you saying you need to ask your Clan to "allow" you to hit Nightmare? That's just crazy. I'd be looking for a new clan. Plenty out there at the cusp of or daily killing Nightmare that would take you. There's a big difference in rewards between the two. I would honestly rather get a single NM chest vs a double Brutal.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Also, re Cupidus. I assume just for HP burn? High-end CB builds don't really even use it. He is pretty weak for a CB character. I swapped my Juliana for Tayrel. Having more consistent -50% ATK & -60% DEF debuffs on the CB is far more important. Not to mention, hes DEF damage based, so super tanky and you can Vamp set him to sustain his own heals with ease. Getting roughly 200 accuracy is the only real challenge (for most debuffers on NM CB).

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I pulled a Tayrel today also and have just geared him with 4 DEF 2 ACC for now until I can get him leveled and ascended, then may look at switching to Vamp. My current CB team now is:

60 Kael
60 Steelskull
50 Aothar
50 Tayrel
40 Kallia

I just haven’t had the interest in eating in Kallia for the 1 go burn. I could replace her with Yaga or Doompriest. Don’t think Robar, Sinesha, or High Katun do much for me.

Now that I’m running Bellower for campaign clear I’m going to focus my Kael on more ACC. With his up and hitting 4x Poison, and Aothar 4x Poison, Tayrel with ATK and DEF down I’m up against the debuff limits.

Even right now my team is only pulling 2.5m on Hard :( :( But I have almost no masteries on anyone too.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Are you saying you need to ask your Clan to "allow" you to hit Nightmare? That's just crazy. I'd be looking for a new clan. Plenty out there at the cusp of or daily killing Nightmare that would take you. There's a big difference in rewards between the two. I would honestly rather get a single NM chest vs a double Brutal.
“Ask” because people are already holding back to not go over the damage needed for an ultimate chest. The clan I’m in is one of a cluster of 4-6 sub-clans. They swap folks around as they progress. So tier 1 and 2 clan reliably kills ultra nightmare, tier 3 sometimes kills ultra nightmare, tier 4 (mine) only kills NM and brutal.

As far as chests, chests with the same name have the same reward table regardless of which boss you earned it from. Brutal starts at Knight and ends at Grandmaster. NM CB starts at Guardian and ends at Ultimate. So no, getting one guardian from NM is not better than two Grandmaster from Brutal.

Edit: Ultra Nightmare CB has different chests entirely. Starts at Mythical and ends at Transcendent. I dunno what those reward tables include.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, I was assuming max chest on each. I'd rather have 1 Ultimate vs 2 Grandmaster chests.