Raid: Shadow Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Finally finished my 1st group of Masteries. Was Kael, Steelhelm, Aothar, Tayrael, and Bellower. That was a looonnggg bore. Now maybe I can focus on Spider and optimizing some of my gear. Can get Apoth leveling and Coldheart, Doompriest. Would like to work on Sinesha’s scrolls too, and Skullcrusher.... and Peydma.

Masteries with counterattack team took my from like 4.5M on Brutal to almost 10M. Of course there were a few gear pieces upgraded. Speed isn’t nearly optimized neither is attack rotation.

Chris

Potato del Grande
LOOK AT THE TEXTURES AND ALL THE LITTLE DETAILS.

How come they guy on the YouTube advert got redubbed to be less excited?

fris

Blackwing Lair Raider
2 question.

1st, Who should I 6 star next, thinking grob as he took my normal CB damage from 1.5m to 2.5m

2nd, my RL friend black fade and I should probably find a more active clan. How high should we be looking?

Screenshot_20191018-185020_Raid.jpg

Screenshot_20191018-185036_Raid.jpg

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
Not sure about Grob’s ultimate usefulness on CB, but he’s probably the most used character in gold4 arena.

I found my current clan in the Raid discord a few months back.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
2 question.

1st, Who should I 6 star next, thinking grob as he took my normal CB damage from 1.5m to 2.5m

2nd, my RL friend black fade and I should probably find a more active clan. How high should we be looking?

View attachment 227106

View attachment 227107

Man, not really sure what advice to give you there. Like was said Grob is a good Arena champ. I’m not huge on High Katun either. Shaman isn’t really late game, neither is Jizoh. I’d almost hold on to food and see what comes out of monthly Ancient or weekly void.

Do you have an Apoth or Spirithost or another Rare worth ranking? There are quite a few that are really good even though they aren’t Epic or Legendary.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I've been traveling a ton the past month and got this game to dick around with in airports, long flights etc and enjoying it. Just about ready to 6* my first toon, but curious who you guys think it should be.

Characters I've got of not, Athel, Nazana, Skullcrown, Mother Superior, Apothecary, Pitiless One & Seducer... I was thinking Skullcrown or Nazana maybe?

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
So I've been traveling a ton the past month and got this game to dick around with in airports, long flights etc and enjoying it. Just about ready to 6* my first toon, but curious who you guys think it should be.

Characters I've got of not, Athel, Nazana, Skullcrown, Mother Superior, Apothecary, Pitiless One & Seducer... I was thinking Skullcrown or Nazana maybe?
Nazana is awesome. Skull crown I’m less familiar with outside of arena.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>

If your first one I’d go with whoever helps you farm 12-3 Brutal fastest / easiest to generate more food for more 6s. Nazana probably good bc her A1 attacks all enemies. Skull crown does too technically, but if they are under 50% after the 1st attack you won’t get the follow up. I like both her and Sinesha though. My Sin is 6* and I use her quite a bit.

Think I’m going to go for this Harvest Jack fusion. Or at least see how close I can get. Never done one of these before and he seems useful.

• 1Like

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Ya I'm going for the fusion guy too as he seems pretty great. I think I'm going to do Nazana as she seems slightly better across all things than Skullcrown, and has some decent support functionality. Should be able to 6* today after a bit of farming. TBH though, Athel is always my top dmg as her aoe is just too good at this n00b level but I'm sure she tapers off quite a bit later on

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Ya I'm going for the fusion guy too as he seems pretty great. I think I'm going to do Nazana as she seems slightly better across all things than Skullcrown, and has some decent support functionality. Should be able to 6* today after a bit of farming. TBH though, Athel is always my top dmg as her aoe is just too good at this n00b level but I'm sure she tapers off quite a bit later on

Runic Warder is proving to be a pain for me. Can’t get him at all from Fire Knight. And don’t want to burn the shards with no 2x event to get the Steadfast Marshal from Champ Chase Event

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Well.... 1500 sta down and no dwarf drop from Fire Knight.

Ended up taking about 2,000 sta to get the Runic Warder drop. Didn’t think it would happen. Did get good points on the Dungeon Diver event, although I already had three Mother Superior so don’t need her. The books are useful though.

Now I just need the one dude from the tourney and I’ll be good to go for leveling and ascending.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Been a while since I posted. Did a straight 8+ hour grind session on the champion training event to get that Void epic for the fusion. Made it in the end. Managed to get my Pumpkin fusion done!

IMG_D7944337965D-1.jpeg

Also got a new Personal Best on CB the other day.

IMG_933825B7BCAA-1.jpeg

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So, a lot of people in game have asked how I managed it so quickly. First off, I have a vault full of champs. I didn't need to open a single shard. Having a deep supply of unused Epics goes a long way. NEVER destroy epics. Even dupes etc.

They key in this event is in the way they calculate points. The per level points is exactly the same. eg: Gaining from level 1 to level 2 on a 4* champ is the exact same points as gaining level 39-40. Difference is, it takes a ton of brews / energy for higher levels. So, dump some brews into every level 1 fodder in your inventory. The only scaling in points is 5* champs get more level points vs 4*, 4* > 3*, etc.

In the end, I think I 6* three different champs.. which I was wanting to do anyway. But all of my vault fodder went from level 1 to around level 26-28. From there the brews / energy expenditure picks up a bit. You're not going to make it simply gaining xp to mid-point on a bunch of champs. You will need to max and up star rankings for some. Even if you plan on burning a champ for food. Don't eat it at level 1 ... grind some levels on it, then burn it for food.

Again .. a level is a level, regardless if it's level 2 or level 40 in any given star tier. It's a case of quantity over quality for the event.

• 1Like

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Another note, having a solid XP farmer was key in me completing so quickly. My Bellower can clear 12-3 in about 7 seconds. Occasionally takes 2 rounds on the 3rd wave, but even then it's like 12-18s max. I can't fathom trying to brute force grind your way to the void epic taking minutes to clear campaign stages.

I do freely admit, I spent on $ on the Energy pack deals over the past few days. There were some solid offers and I knew we would need it going into this Fusion event.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
So I saw where the void epic was in a pretty easy champ pull tourney today so I blew all of my stones and got her. Also pulled my first legendary Elder Skarg. Not sure what to make of him, but he seems pretty viable for arena and dungeons maybe? Dunno.

I'm sitting on 3/4 of the epics for Harvest Jack except I don't have the High Katun chick yet. Working now to get all of the ascendencies done which seems fairly daunting. We'll see if I make it, need the skeleton for the Katun fusion and not sure where to find him

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yea, the summoning event is far easier to attain the Void epic. Hopefully you snag your High Katun too.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So I saw where the void epic was in a pretty easy champ pull tourney today so I blew all of my stones and got her. Also pulled my first legendary Elder Skarg. Not sure what to make of him, but he seems pretty viable for arena and dungeons maybe? Dunno.

I'm sitting on 3/4 of the epics for Harvest Jack except I don't have the High Katun chick yet. Working now to get all of the ascendencies done which seems fairly daunting. We'll see if I make it, need the skeleton for the Katun fusion and not sure where to find him

Amarantine is from upcoming Arena Assault event. I only need Suwai right now and a few Arcane pots and will be done. 26 Ancient shards during 2x got me nothing :( Would rather not burn my Voids and Ancients without a summon up event.