Raid: Shadow Legends

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Annnnd just pulled a Tayrel with the random stone I got for finishing some achievement. He seems awesome and will be my new leader for awhile? I just need Amarantine so I guess I'll slog through a TON of PVP to get him so I can get Harvest Jack done.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Annnnd just pulled a Tayrel with the random stone I got for finishing some achievement. He seems awesome and will be my new leader for awhile? I just need Amarantine so I guess I'll slog through a TON of PVP to get him so I can get Harvest Jack done.

Tayrel is awesome and is definitely end game. Used in a lot of comps and worth booking up for sure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
I'm sitting at the following 6*'s: Tayrel, Skullcrown, Nazana & Septimus. Should have the materials for another tomorrow or Tuesday and was thinking of the following: Apothecary, Eldar Skarg, Alure, Kael or Frostbringer......

Thoughts? Of those 4, Apothecary has been by far my most used, but not sure he's the best candidate as he's pretty useful to me even at 5*

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
I'm sitting at the following 6*'s: Tayrel, Skullcrown, Nazana & Septimus. Should have the materials for another tomorrow or Tuesday and was thinking of the following: Apothecary, Eldar Skarg, Alure, Kael or Frostbringer......

Thoughts? Of those 4, Apothecary has been by far my most used, but not sure he's the best candidate as he's pretty useful to me even at 5*
Allure is stupid OP for a lot of dungeons. I’ve got her and hesitated to 6* but definitely don’t regret it. Her A1 makes ice golem, fire knight, spider, and potion dungeons her bitch.

• 1Solidarity

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

Apoth is probably one of the best rares in the entire game. He is extremely difficult to replace until you get super lucky on Voids to pull a Golden Reaper, or a Legendary like Arbiter. His turn meter boost / speed buff on top of his monster heal are hard to beat. He also has a 3 hit A1, which paired with GiantSlayer mastery can hold it's own for CB damage / high end dungeon bosses. Mine could crit heal for like 30k before I retired him, which wasn't until I got my Golden Reaper void.

Also, for Septimus, consider a relentless set if you have a reasonable one laying around. That will make him really shine. I used to pull off multi-turns very often, sometimes as many as 4 turns. Sometimes I would see debuffs on CB stacked 9 turns deep. (You need ACC for his proc to land too.)

Last edited:

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
My Clan was asking how my Harvest Jack was panning out. I sent this screen grab to Discord. Sitting at >1000 wins. Most of the losses were when I was tweaking Pumpkin's gear. The dude is a beast. His AE crits for about 30k (each target), but more importantly, he locks down entire teams with that AE True Fear. Most of the time, I am getting 2-3 turns on my whole team before the enemy gets 1. I have Mortu-Macaaab for 24% speed aura in Arena and Golden Reaper sitting at 237 speed.

Round goes like:
Golden Reaper opens with 20% turn meter boost & 30% 2 turn speed buff on my team
Rhazin uses AE enemy turn meter reset + damage (whole team goes to 0 turn meter at this point)
Mortu casts AE block buffs .. also does reasonable damage
Harvest Jack casts AE True Fear & -30% speed debuff on enemy team .. crits around 30k damage on each target
Golden Reaper gets another turn and casts AE -50% ATK debuff on enemy team .. does a little damage
Rhazin goes again with single target -60% Def & 25% Weaken debuff .. plus big damage (target those single big hitters like Turvold, Tayrel, etc)
Mortu will go again with single target that blocks 100% heals and lowers turn meter.

.. at this point enemies might finally get their first turn. But with the True Fear from pumpkin, they have a 50% chance of doing nothing at all and blowing the skill cooldown of the skill they would have used. This happens quite a bit.

At this point I continue just turn for turn fighting the very crippled enemy team. But every time Pumpkin uses his A1, he has a chance to steal a buff from an enemy PLUS a 35% chance to land normal Fear. This chance goes to 100% if he steals a buff. Regular fear has a 50% chance for the enemy to blow their turn (cooldowns remain intact though).

So you can clearly see, how OP Harvest Jack is. There are Reddit threads about how he hits weak. They are completely missing the point here! He is a monster Crowd Control beast. On top of that, they clearly aren't gearing him properly. With 95k HP on mine, critting for 30k AE is pretty damn big in my opinion. They are comparing to glass cannons like Rae or Skullcrown who are 1 trick ponies and have 0 utility.

Below is a shot of worst case scenario where the enemy actually went first. He got a couple turns in, but then my team proceeded as normal and pumpkin locked everyone down with AE true fear. They didn't get any more turns after that and got ground down. Also note, Pumpkin did more damage than anyone else in my team... what damage problems???

!! Mark my words.. ignorant masses are complaining about him now, but I would not at all be surprised to see him nerfed in the future once people actually start gearing him properly and putting books and masteries on him. !!

IMG_A0B492C7DCC2-1.jpeg

IMG_557B4EDE8F08-1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
My Clan was asking how my Harvest Jack was panning out. I sent this screen grab to Discord. Sitting at >1000 wins. Most of the losses were when I was tweaking Pumpkin's gear. The dude is a beast. His AE crits for about 30k (each target), but more importantly, he locks down entire teams with that AE True Fear. Most of the time, I am getting 2-3 turns on my whole team before the enemy gets 1. I have Mortu-Macaaab for 24% speed aura in Arena and Golden Reaper sitting at 237 speed.

Round goes like:
Golden Reaper opens with 20% turn meter boost & 30% 2 turn speed buff on my team
Rhazin uses AE enemy turn meter reset + damage (whole team goes to 0 turn meter at this point)
Harvest Jack casts AE True Fear & -30% speed debuff on enemy team .. crits around 30k damage on each target
Golden Reaper gets another turn and casts AE -50% ATK debuff on enemy team .. does a little damage
Rhazin goes again with single target -60% Def & 25% Weaken debuff .. plus big damage (target those single big hitters like Turvold, Tayrel, etc)
Mortu will go again with single target that blocks 100% heals and lowers turn meter.

.. at this point enemies might finally get their first turn. But with the True Fear from pumpkin, they have a 50% chance of doing nothing at all and blowing the skill cooldown of the skill they would have used. This happens quite a bit.

At this point I continue just turn for turn fighting the very crippled enemy team. But every time Pumpkin uses his A1, he has a chance to steal a buff from an enemy PLUS a 35% chance to land normal Fear. This chance goes to 100% if he steals a buff. Regular fear has a 50% chance for the enemy to blow their turn (cooldowns remain intact though).

So you can clearly see, how OP Harvest Jack is. There are Reddit threads about how he hits weak. They are completely missing the point here! He is a monster Crowd Control beast. On top of that, they clearly aren't gearing him properly. With 95k HP on mine, critting for 30k AE is pretty damn big in my opinion. They are comparing to glass cannons like Rae or Skullcrown who are 1 trick ponies and have 0 utility.

Below is a shot of worst case scenario where the enemy actually went first. He got a couple turns in, but then my team proceeded as normal and pumpkin locked everyone down with AE true fear. They didn't get any more turns after that and got ground down. Also note, Pumpkin did more damage than anyone else in my team... what damage problems???

!! Mark my words.. ignorant masses are complaining about him now, but I would not at all be surprised to see him nerfed in the future once people actually start gearing him properly and putting books and masteries on him. !!

View attachment 229545

View attachment 229544

Did they fix Jacks AI so he prioritizes A3 over A2? I’m auto’ing like 95% of the time.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Apoth is probably one of the best rares in the entire game. He is extremely difficult to replace until you get super lucky on Voids to pull a Golden Reaper, or a Legendary like Arbiter. His turn meter boost / speed buff on top of his monster heal are hard to beat. He also has a 3 hit A1, which paired with GiantSlayer mastery can hold it's own for CB damage / high end dungeon bosses. Mine could crit heal for like 30k before I retired him, which wasn't until I got my Golden Reaper void.

Also, for Septimus, consider a relentless set if you have a reasonable one laying around. That will make him really shine. I used to pull off multi-turns very often, sometimes as many as 4 turns. Sometimes I would see debuffs on CB stacked 9 turns deep. (You need ACC for his proc to land too.)

Am I doing something wonky with Septimus? On auto the guy never uses his A2 and it's pretty annoying as that is such a heavy hitting ability. Cheers for the advice.... definitely between Apoth or Alure unless I get something better.

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
In response to both of you... don't Auto. Especially in CB, your damage is going to suffer in pretty much all scenarios. Arena is just as bad. I use the bad AI to my advantage. For instance, if I land the whole enemy team with block buffs, the dumb AI will still blow their turn trying to cast buffs on themselves. If you Auto, you're shooting yourself in the foot the same way.

On auto, I have seen pumpkin use A2 first, which is definitely not ideal. It's the same with Rhazin most of the time too. He will use A2, when you want him opening with A3 to deplete enemy team's turn meters. To speed things up, I manually use A3 on rhazin then pumpkin. 99% of the time I will just auto from there for the win.

Pretty much everyone at the top of the game is going to tell you not to auto. It's fine for grinding dungeons and whatnot, but CB and Arena you need to keep on top of your game.

(There are a few super OP CB teams in my clan that can auto without issue. But those are finely speed tuned unkillable teams and whatnot. Don't think anyone here is doing that.)

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Oh I’m under no illusions that auto is good or ideal, I just am not at the level where min maxing turns is going to change too much. Sometimes I do manual on CB just too eek out a few higher numbers, but my clan is nowhere near killing even Hard mode. Only two of us can even break 10M on a single key on Hard, everyone else is at like 500k.

Freaking partied all day Sat and Sun so missed out getting Suwai from champion chase reward, was like 200 pats short. Now I gotta squeeze out 9k more from Champ Training event. Erggghh

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Hit me up with questions you guys may have. I am in Galifrey cluster. Worldwide #1 clan.

If you are doing 10M per key and everyone else is doing 500k, you need to look for a new clan! Don't underestimate those rewards. By the time you are downing NM level top chest, you can get Legendary books and Sacred shards as reward. Even higher chance from UNM chests.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Hit me up with questions you guys may have. I am in Galifrey cluster. Worldwide #1 clan.

If you are doing 10M per key and everyone else is doing 500k, you need to look for a new clan! Don't underestimate those rewards. By the time you are downing NM level top chest, you can get Legendary books and Sacred shards as reward. Even higher chance from UNM chests.

Yeah I hang out in 461 but haven’t bugged anyone for info about younger clans to migrate too. Younger like their requirements for 20M on Nightmare, etc...

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>

Round goes like:

View attachment 229545

View attachment 229544
I don't suppose there's a value calculator for points per gain somewhere? I've been leaning into spirit and void cdmg because those were my best units (lots of spirit legendaries and santa/coldheart/bellower). Looking at getting tier 9 cdmg and thinking maybe I should put some in force now that I've got Bad El and Rhazin.

1572975003913.png

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
All I will say is, most will get ACC trees maxed first in the high end. Because on UNM clan boss, you need around 220-230 Acc to reliably land debuffs. A lot of people need to run Acc Chest and Banner to hit those numbers. However, if you can get high enough Acc via your Great Hall bonus, you can likely just use a banner. This frees up your Chest slot for a solid primary stat like 50-60% Def+ or HP+ or whatever your hitters are scaled off of. This is the quicker way to DPS gains. Then move on to Crit Damage trees.

Btw: crazy jealous of your Bad-El. I've been after him for a while. (Bad-El is going to be doing most damage by poison tics, which doesn't scale whatsoever with Crit Dmg.. it is capped at 50k per round, per poison on UNM CB).

• 1Solidarity

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
All I will say is, most will get ACC trees maxed first in the high end. Because on UNM clan boss, you need around 220-230 Acc to reliably land debuffs. A lot of people need to run Acc Chest and Banner to hit those numbers. However, if you can get high enough Acc via your Great Hall bonus, you can likely just use a banner. This frees up your Chest slot for a solid primary stat like 50-60% Def+ or HP+ or whatever your hitters are scaled off of. This is the quicker way to DPS gains. Then move on to Crit Damage trees.

Btw: crazy jealous of your Bad-El. I've been after him for a while. (Bad-El is going to be doing most damage by poison tics, which doesn't scale whatsoever with Crit Dmg.. it is capped at 50k per round, per poison on UNM CB).
Took your advice and got rank 6 of ACC on all. Guess I’ll work towards 7 for all next.

• 1Like

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Fuck me, miscalculated my Void potions and can’t do the final ascend for Suwai. I’m assuming that I’ll have time Sunday to grab the last couple and finish this damn fusion. Surprised Plarium hasn’t popped up a Void Ascend Pack for $999.99 just to tempt me to get this damn thing over with.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Loooool, they are clever with their packs that's for sure. I spent maybe $80 on a few odds and ends to get shards, ascend mats etc and finished up my last piece last night for Jack. He seems pretty decent in a few area's and will work on leveling him up soon. I have like 4 sacred and 15 void shards I want to blow but will wait for a X2 event I guess - how often do these happen?

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Loooool, they are clever with their packs that's for sure. I spent maybe $80 on a few odds and ends to get shards, ascend mats etc and finished up my last piece last night for Jack. He seems pretty decent in a few area's and will work on leveling him up soon. I have like 4 sacred and 15 void shards I want to blow but will wait for a X2 event I guess - how often do these happen?

Seems like they’ve been trying to test out the 10x chance for <input hero here> events. Was forever between 2x Ancients that we just had. Usually coincides with a Hero Chase event or Tournament also. Haven’t checked the schedule on their boards lately but they were doing a decent job of communicating a few weeks out.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I've decided my grind complaints aren't actually about the grind but rather the lack of granularity (lol) around energy and lack of auto repeat. I've been playing King's Raid for the past 18 months and I can use items that increase energy by X amount (not just fully restore, etc) and I don't have to interact with the game to automatically repeat a level I've already beaten. The fact that I have to sit here and monitor the game and push the button every 30 seconds is what makes this feel different (and worse) than King's Raid, in spite of King's Raid having just as intense of a grind.
Has anything changed? This game seems to be the new hotness, at least here for FoH, but I can't really get into a game unless it has full auto mode. I don't have a desk job, and so I'm on the move all the time. Basically, I'd like to be able to hit Go, and then put the phone in my pocket on power save mode, and just check it later. Then maybe get into the details at night when laying in bed or something?

Thanks for the input Dandai.