Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2 (2018)

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I would expect to see a metric fuckton of those princess costumes show up for Halloween followed by the casual princess clothes lines that every girl will make their parents buy a full week+ worth of outfits.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The zootopia influence is what I fear... that propaganda film was horrific

Zootopia was one of the best 3d cityscapes ever created.

Its one of my fav movies just because of that.

I fucking love shit like this. Someday, in Unity, Im going to create a bunch of shorts, transition to a show, and eventually make a movie.(indie)

Thats some "lifes work" thing that id really love to get in, but its soooo fucking tedius keyframing animations 24/7

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Ahh yes, standard SJW "Lookit how purdy this is...turn ur brain off...so we may inject SJW leftist mind virus"

Its like the ye ol "Yeah I listen to music that is all about sex, rape, murder etc...but its just because the beat is good - I don't pay attention to the lyrics!"

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
besides the Silcon Valley intro feel to the city, it looks interesting. The Disney Princesses are going to steal the show. if they had just a Disney Princesses crossover film. it would probably be the biggest Disney film of all time.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It's Sateen.

“It’s Saitine, actually.”

Anyways. We will probably take my son to see this, we recently watched the first one with him and he liked it. I hope it’s still mostly video game stuff, all the social media crap in the trailer...I’m just not into that stuff and he won’t understand it. If not video-gamey, hoping for good characters and good race scenes I guess.

Malakriss

Disney, animated, no singing. Tough to think this could be bad even if it does Princess ^ 100 pandering mode.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well they finally answered the question of why the Internet suddenly matters, and in a rather big way. I thought it was a matter of "oh the internet was installed, let's go see" and here comes this trailer to be all "fuck off, there's a plot" to my face.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well they finally answered the question of why the Internet suddenly matters, and in a rather big way. I thought it was a matter of "oh the internet was installed, let's go see" and here comes this trailer to be all "fuck off, there's a plot" to my face.
Their reason is pretty thin too. Like how does a controller break in half and how can a video game Sprite order a new one online? It's best not to over think these things

Malakriss

RT reviews are already out for this one, sitting at 92% / 7.3 currently with 59 reviews which puts it around the same as the first (87% / 7.5)

• 1Like
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 1 users

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Saw this last night. Was entertained but I'd put it below the original. Princess part is pretty minor and mildly SJW but it makes fun of it as much as promotes it. Beginning of the movie kind of dragged until they got to the Slaughter Race and for some reason Silverman's voice really grated on me more than the original. Two extra scenes mid and post credits.

For some reason the Stan Lee "cameo" hit me in the feels.

Last edited:

Malakriss

WEDNESDAY PM UPDATE: Early estimates are coming in and Disney's Ralph Breaks the Internet is also looking to possibly break some records as an $18 million Wednesday is in sight and potential for a $94+ million five-day performance, which would break the previous record set by Disney's Frozen at $93.59 million.

At the same time, MGM's Creed II is looking at a possible $60+ million debut after matinees point to a $11.5 million Wednesday.
A shame that it seems to be not quite as good as the first, but it's making bank regardless.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Just got back from seeing this with Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus . Not quite as much nostalgia punch as the first, but that IMHO isn't a problem. Solid popcorn entertainment. Predictable lesson to be learned. Enough solid jokes along the way to keep it funny. Hurt just a tiny bit seeing one certain cameo in it, but i'm a sentimental old fool... Put this at a solid 7/10.

• 1Barf

Leon

<Silver Donator>
Saw it today, well worth it. Liked it more than i thought i would after i read those forums.

• 1Barf

spronk

FPS noob
Relatives visiting so took a bunch of people to see this, 3 kids < 7 so figure it would be perfect. Kids got mostly bored, the two girls liked it way more than my nephew who said it was too long. First one is all about video game nostalgia, second one is internet/meme nostalgia which is kind of weird to do in a time when the internet of today isn't really that much different from 10 years ago. They never really focus on one plot too long which hurts the movie a lot, there are just a ton of side-quests with different NPCs and each feels underdeveloped. If they had just focused on Gal Gadot's character (she plays the GTA MMO racer chick Shank) it would have been great I think.

The Disney Princess stuff is like 4 mins total. It actually gets kinda gross when they enter "Disney Web Portal" and it just becomes this massive advertisement for disney properties, it feels completely shoehorned in and like a GI joe toy plug or something.

Worth a watch if you are a fan of the originals but if the first is a 8.5/10 (rewatched it today morning with everyone) the second is a 6.5/10.

There's also a "cutesy" 2 min intro where the CEOs talk about how awesome it is you paid money to see their shit, like why the fuck is this a thing now. SHOW ME YOUR GODDAMN MOVIE stop telling me how awesome I am for seeing it. Are young kids so fucking retarded that they need to be comforted every 15 seconds. This is now the 3d or 4th movie that is doing it, plz stop.

• 1Like

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
saw it last night, it was good- would have liked to see more of shank's "world"

did you all stay to the end to see the trailer for frozen 2?
ralph does the rick roll song

• 1Barf

Muligan

Trakanon Raider
I liked it but I did miss the focus on the games, arcade, and game characters. Last time it felt more about how can we bring all these worlds and characters together and weave them throughout the story where this installment felt like a more serious (almost Toy Story) tone. That doesn't make it bad but the story and lessons learned were a much greater focus than all the easter eggs and niche moments. Again, that's not a bad thing but I care far less than all the sites you can include (eBay, amazon, Google, etc.) than games such a Dig Dug, Street Fighter, Sonic, etc. I hated to see it move from that feel.

Still a good movie. The first one is more endearing but this is probably a better overall movie.

• 2Seriously?
Reactions: 1 users