Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Doors (2021) on Prime.

Was actually quite entertaining and maybe the first thing I've watched in one sitting in a while. 4 vignettes about mysterious doors that appear. It has a subtle cosmic horror bent that is never really firmly established but teases throughout.

I think the rating holds true.
A few years back when I watched this (post is somewhere in here) I also watched this at the same time. There was one other movie within this “genre” but I’m having trouble remembering the name.

Doors was good though. Liked it. Don’t 100% remember Portals.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Watched 'Revolver' last night on Netflix with the wife. Knew zero about it but saw what looked like Jason Statham with hair so checked it out. Then saw it was a Guy Ritchie movie , and we all know he only makes one type of movie so yeah lets watch! Dunno wtf I was thinking. I did watch it all the way through as I figured at some point it would make sense but it's 2 hours of my life I'll never get back. I told my wife I don't know what the fuck I was thinking when I picked it and I was embarrassed that I watched it all the way through. Save yourself the grief and avoid at all costs! 2/10 and that's only because seeing JS with long hair and a Cheech & Chong mustache was funny for like 5 minutes.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Knox Goes Away. M Keaton. Plays a hitman with dementia. A pretty decent flick. The gems made me LOL.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched X-men:First Class last night - mostly because clips of Magneto owning Nazi's came up on youtube so I thought I might as well re-watch it.

I'd always thought of it as a bit weak due to the poor supporting cast of secondary x-men and villains, however, it was a lot better than I expected. Last night was an interesting time to watch it just as Iran launched its attack against Israel what with the movie being set against the backdrop of the Cuban Missile Crisis

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Knox Goes Away. M Keaton. Plays a hitman with dementia. A pretty decent flick. The gems made me LOL.
Just watched this as well. Thought it was a really good slow burn. Keaton was fantastic.

• 1Like

Phazael

Confirmed Beta Shitlord, Fat Bastard
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Wife and I actually rewatched Repo Man as well this weekend. All time classic movie.

Then she wanted to watch Damsel, which while not complete shit was aggressively mediocre with what is normally top tier casting choices. I felt like I was watching a Uwe Boll tax write-off movie.

Saw the new Zilla movie and it was decent enough for what it set out to be.

Also re-watched Joker over the weekend. Movie is a tough watch due to the material, but its as good as the first time I saw it still.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched Tora! Tora! Tora! last night. Haven’t seen it in probably 25 years. It does a great job of presenting the procedural and intelligence issues leading up to the attack (whether purposeful or coincidental, the errors, not the presentation). You can't help but watch it and go "seriously?" at more than a few parts. The Japanese director seemed to make sure they were viewed in as good a light as possible, not that I'm dogging him for that. Almost want to watch the Michael Bay Pearl Harbor just for kicks. We may do The Longest Day tonight though.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Wasn't sure where to put this, but if you are a Billy Joel fan his 100th at Madison Square Garden was pretty good.

• 1Direct to DVD

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched Kill Bill on Netflix again. Still great and Lucy Liu was still hot.

I also decided upon my Deadly Viper Assassination Squad name, Florida Trouser Snake.

• 1Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Infernal Affairs tonight. Had never seen it. Enjoyed it. When people say the Departed is "based on it", it's a total understatement. It's literally the same movie down to a majority of the scenes.

Definitely worth the watch if you haven't seen it and don't mind subtitles. 8/10.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
Watched Infernal Affairs tonight. Had never seen it. Enjoyed it. When people say the Departed is "based on it", it's a total understatement. It's literally the same movie down to a majority of the scenes.

Definitely worth the watch if you haven't seen it and don't mind subtitles. 8/10.

Used to be one of my favourite movies and preferred it to The Departed. The bit on the roof is infinitely better

Tried to watch it a few years ago and thought it hadn't aged well

• 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'd heard about for a long time and finally sat down to watch

1713837105916.png

Our main character is a high school student concerned his parents aren't his parents and that something sinister is happening between them and his sister. The meat of the story is kind of generic conspiracy fare where our protagonist finds evidence of thing and then the evidence isn't what he thought it was. No one believes him and his efforts to convince them make him look crazy, that kind of thing. You've seen it a million times.

The the last act goes completely and utterly insane with a whole lot of time spent on it. I've seen weird shit before but this was an extended pile of weird shit. I wish the rest of the film was written a little better and I don't think there's a ton of value in watching it again but that first viewing was a ride.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'd heard about for a long time and finally sat down to watch

View attachment 525949

Our main character is a high school student concerned his parents aren't his parents and that something sinister is happening between them and his sister. The meat of the story is kind of generic conspiracy fare where our protagonist finds evidence of thing and then the evidence isn't what he thought it was. No one believes him and his efforts to convince them make him look crazy, that kind of thing. You've seen it a million times.

The the last act goes completely and utterly insane with a whole lot of time spent on it. I've seen weird shit before but this was an extended pile of weird shit. I wish the rest of the film was written a little better and I don't think there's a ton of value in watching it again but that first viewing was a ride.
This movie is absolutely wild and worth a watch at least once. I saw it on The Last Drive In on Shudder. If you don't know anything about it that is the best way to go into it. It will be absolutely crazy that way.

• 1Like

Szlia

Directed by Brian Yuzna! That's a name I didn't heard in a while! And to be fair, looking at his filmography, I am not exactly sure why I know the name. I guess The Dentist was kinda known at the time. One of those VHS rental era horror film... He also co-produced Crying Freeman... other than that, I am not sure.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
This movie is absolutely wild and worth a watch at least once. I saw it on The Last Drive In on Shudder. If you don't know anything about it that is the best way to go into it. It will be absolutely crazy that way.

Normally I'm disappointed a movie doesn't take it's premise far enough but Society goes there.

• 1Like