Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Sort of a movie, we just got back from the Sphere - Las Vegas watching 'postcard from earth' The interactive part of the show was very lame IMO , but the 50 minute movie was 10/10. GIANT Screen and amazing audio. It's a sci-fi & nature vibe. It was expensive too $169 a seat and $47 to park.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I listened to a podcast a while ago (don't even remember which one), but they were talking about Dave Bautista, and they made reference to a movie he made with another Marvel guy (Kamail Ali Nanjiani Dinesh) called Stuber. It's a movie that came out in 2019. It was neither great nor terrible, but I liked it. I'd give it a 7/10. Silly cop movie, but it's decent. I suggest giving it a watch.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Sort of a movie, we just got back from the Sphere - Las Vegas watching 'postcard from earth' The interactive part of the show was very lame IMO , but the 50 minute movie was 10/10. GIANT Screen and amazing audio. It's a sci-fi & nature vibe. It was expensive too $169 a seat and $47 to park.

Agree the "exhibits" in the Sphere were pretty much some Disney Tomorrowland shit, not to mention there were like 5 stations and some few hundreds of people all trying to get a look at them at once. Movie, while a tad climate change preachy, was pretty cool, especially when it does the first zoom in to take the whole screen of the sphere. Ticket was worth seeing that once, at least.

reavor

I'm With HER ♀
<Bronze Donator>

thought it was some weird interactive showing of sphere at first.

1708949602931.png

• 2Worf

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I didn't watch it on YouTube, but apparently it is free there. It is also on Prime, but on Freevee with ads. I've had a "copy" for years now.

EDIT: Since it can't be linked directly it seems, it is Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

I am incapable of figuring out what it is, but something about this movie makes me rewatch it every couple years. I know it isn't new to a lot of us here, but in case it is, you should check it out. Way better than the one episode of the Halo TV series I watched. I highly recommend it, even if you don't give a shit about Halo, although it is probably better if you at least know something about the games.

• 2Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I watched the last samurai last night as it's a prequel to Shogun.

Was enjoyable enough despite having been seen several times before, but probably not for more than a decade.

Has held up fairly well in terms of cinematography and colour grading because some 90s and 00 films can look dated due to the visual style of the time

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Golden Baronet of the Realm
We kind of got on a racing kick the past couple of nights, by going through some 1st season Grand Tour stuff.

I'm not really sure if either one is a better film. They're both amazing. The racing seemed better filmed / produced in Rush, there was something about Ford v Ferrari that seemed overly computer. But certain parts were incredible, iike driving Ford II in the GT. Funny the relationship between Shelby and Miles in Ford and then Lauda and Hunt in Rush.

Kind of want to watch The World's Fastest Indian (2005) ⭐ 7.8 | Biography, Drama, Sport as well just to keep the topic going.
As someone who does not watch racing on TV but thoroughly enjoyed both of those movies, I can't recommend the documentary Senna enough. If you want another racing movie to watch, that is.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Dream Scenario with Nicholas Cage.

Cage plays a schlubby loserish university professor that people all over the world start dreaming about. This brings fame but the fame takes a dark turn when the dreams themselves people are having become nightmares.

There was a spot in the middle where I really thought it was going to be something and it just kinda doesn't come together.

• 2Like

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>

This was a decent enough movie, if you can get past the fact that a 125 lb-ish chick literally beats the fuck out of at least 30 dudes at once. The chick is smoking hot, it is a Luc Besson movie, and the costars are top notch, so it is worth a watch if you aren't going to be triggered by her ridiculous fighting ability. At least John Wick shoots people 99% of the time. She was literally slashing people with broken plates, through suits, and apparently that was enough to kill them. I almost shut the movie off after that. But other than that scene and then another one at the end just like it, it is worth the watch.

HOWEVER. I feel like I'm being trolled with the technology in this movie. It starts by explicitly stating that the first events happen in 1985 in Moscow, where some CIA agents get burned. Some of them get the call right before being caught...on their cell phones. True, they are old cell phones, but they are still NOT the fucking bag phones that MAYBE were invented in 1985. This chick we used to go to clubs with in the mid-90s couldn't go out unless she took her mom's phone, which came with the shoulder tote to carry the giant fucking battery. Even if you want to say that the CIA had access to better tech and thus had these smaller phones...I guess that's how they fucking got caught in Moscow in 1985, walking around talking on their fucking alien technology! Did CIngular One or whomever even have fucking towers in Moscow in 1985? Fuck!

The latest chronological events in the movie happen in 1990, as Cillian Murphy mentions how he lost all those agents "5 years ago." So at most in 1990, people have FUCKING LAPTOPS that aren't the size of a suitcase, one of them even has a goddamn USB port that is used to steal info (I checked, invented in 1996) with a FUCKING THUMB DRIVE (invented much later), a server room has CAT5 and modern switches all over the fucking place, when you and I know that most networking at that time was coax and shit, and the hard drive bays that are pulled out are standard 3.5", probably SATA but it was hard to tell, but either way I doubt server/NAS hot-swap bays were anything like the ones today. If they even existed in hot-swap back then. Oh, and when she is filling out an application (on her fucking laptop) she's using Microsoft Word. Yes, it existed back then, but I'm not sure it looked quite that modern, and even if it did she was living with a literal druggy criminal, you think he's springing for that couple hundred dollar edition of Word back then? IN MOSCOW??? And while it wasn't totally clear, I feel like she was filling it out online. In the age when you got online with a fucking phone line. To a bulletin board, not AOL or whatever. But one wasn't plugged in, so I guess she was using wifi??

And don't get me started about the hidden camera resolution and clarity. Sure, it was sucky...but not 1990 sucky.

It is like someone purposely decided that they were only vaguely going to try to get the tech right by having laptops from 2010 and cell phones from 2000, and fuck the rest of it. I cannot fathom that SOMEONE didn't bring it up at least once or twice during the filming of the movie, and then I have to assume that that individual was told to shut the fuck up and never mention it again.

(EDIT: I almost forgot, at one point she borrows a phone from a "Japanese tourist" which is apparently how we explain that a MOTHERFUCKING NOKIA from like 2000 is being used in 1990.)

I was actually shocked that during the modeling photo shoot they actually plopped down rolls of film (although I have no idea if that film existed in 1990, but I'm going to assume it did). I honestly expected to see him just pull out an SD card like it was no big deal. So at least they got one thing right.

Like I said, I actually liked the movie. I saw the ending coming ahead of time, but it was still a decent spy flick. But the utter lack of concern about even pretending with the tech rustled my jimmies something fierce.

Last edited:
  • 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
We watched Air Bud last night. Kid loved it, cracked up at a dog knocking everything over and playing basketball. Had to look up afterwards where I knew the mom from because I totally forgot she was in Sister Act 1 and 2. Worth a revisit with kids for sure.

Siliconemelons

I didn't watch it on YouTube, but apparently it is free there. It is also on Prime, but on Freevee with ads. I've had a "copy" for years now.

EDIT: Since it can't be linked directly it seems, it is Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn.

I am incapable of figuring out what it is, but something about this movie makes me rewatch it every couple years. I know it isn't new to a lot of us here, but in case it is, you should check it out. Way better than the one episode of the Halo TV series I watched. I highly recommend it, even if you don't give a shit about Halo, although it is probably better if you at least know something about the games.

Forward Unto Dawn was masterfully done for a “vidya game” movie - show - didn’t it start as a fan film and then expanded?

it takes a perfect game-adjacent setting in its plot and scope and uses so much of what made the first hame great - we at the time only knew little of reach. It gives a great terror sci fi feel with properly showing how the covenant is just gobs stronger than the terrans and even MC - that their “normal” soldiers are equal in many senses to the Spartans and without them humans were toast . It does well in letting us care for our main characters of the show even if we know the end

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Watched the last Indiana Jones, 2/10.
The woman is insufferable and her plot makes no sense to me.
Harrison Ford was pathetic in every action scenes, and stunt doubles too obvious.
The first half of the movie is terrible (fell asleep) and worth 0/10. I did not hate the second half, somehow it had not so many pathetic chases and felt more like an original indiana jones.
Side kick kids is useless.
Vilain was not good.
How this had such bad CGI ? I watched Jurassic park last week and apart maybe a few scene, the CGI are a few miles ahead than this. For a 300 mio budget, it's a real shame.

• 1Like

Fucker

Log Wizard
Watched the last Indiana Jones, 2/10.
The woman is insufferable and her plot makes no sense to me.
Harrison Ford was pathetic in every action scenes, and stunt doubles too obvious.
The first half of the movie is terrible (fell asleep) and worth 0/10. I did not hate the second half, somehow it had not so many pathetic chases and felt more like an original indiana jones.
Side kick kids is useless.
Vilain was not good.
How this had such bad CGI ? I watched Jurassic park last week and apart maybe a few scene, the CGI are a few miles ahead than this. For a 300 mio budget, it's a real shame.
CGI was Laugh Out Loud awful, especially the young version of him. Horrible, it looks like a kid did it. And how in hell could they think that woman could take his place.

• 1Like