Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched McCabe and Mrs Miller today. Fantastic movie 5/5 that I didn't enjoy. Absolutely worth watching.

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Holy Shit. Holmes and Watson... umm. I can tolerate and enjoy some pretty trash comedies and shit. This is one of the worst things I have ever seen. I mean. I want my bandwith back.
0 out of 1000000000

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
Finished Deathnote on my iPad over lunch. 6/10. I was struck with how much the main character actually ran like an anime......animation. I like to think he did it on purpose, and he did a fair bit of running. I was impressed.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
The Revenant 8/10

Loved the cinematography.

Story was alright but the acting excellent. I’m a fan of visceral violence so that was my favorite part hands down.

Independence Day : Part Dookie

5/10 sober for 4k eyecandy only.

10/10 for drunken nights with the bros laughing their asses off.

While we’re at it the same god damn review applies to 2012. sukik sukik my brother and I laughed so hard we almost got throw out. The scene where the Russian billionaire falls to his death was classic.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 3 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Casually turned on the Pianist while browsing on Netflix. Fucking hell. Great movie, but fucking hell. I felt guilty eating my damn dinner.

• 1Like

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Casually turned on the Pianist while browsing on Netflix. Fucking hell. Great movie, but fucking hell. I felt guilty eating my damn dinner.

Saw that in the theater. It was great but Daniel Day Lewis was robbed.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Black Snake Moan (Prime). AKA that time when Wednesday got hot.
7/10. Feel good. Redemption.

• 1Dislike

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Annihilation - I had feared Portman's acting going in, but compared to her costars, she was ace. The mother from Atypical was atrocious. Overall the movie isn't about doomsday alien shit, but instead an exploration in feminism. 3/10

Close - It's basically Captain Marvel without the supernatural elements or Samuel L. Jackson. 2/10

Mine - Didn't get very far in. bad acting plus cringeworthy behavior. 2/10.

Swiss Army Man - I heard it was good. and farts were funny. junk crafting was semi interesting. but then butt plugs and dude kissing kept getting gayer. no thanks. 4/10.

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Apostle (Netflix) 6.5/10 - Fun hack and slash religious fanaticism "horror". Solid, worth a watch.

• 1Like

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Valentine. Solid slasher that came and went and was forgotten about. Had tons of 90s and 2000s stars. Enjoyed it.

Ubran Legend. Another solid and forgotten about slasher that was one of the best opening scenes in the genre.

I recommend both particularly if you are fans of the slasher genre or 90s slashers in particular (Scream, I know what you did last summer, etc)

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Mandy. Batshit crazy blood and death.

-10/10 or +9000/10 I can't tell which.

The Revenant 8/10

Loved the cinematography.

Story was alright but the acting excellent. I’m a fan of visceral violence so that was my favorite part hands down.
Good movie but there's a few shitty parts. Most of the indian wife and dreamlike sequences and that godawful ending where Leo stares at the camera. Too much artsiness that doesn't fit with the movie's quiet, very natural bare bones quality. Would have been better without it.

• 1Solidarity

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Outlaw Josey Wales

Had not watched it since I was young. Great movie. Now I'm on a Clint Eastwood man with no name kick.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Deathstalker on Amazon Prime is what would happen if a kid's show plus conan knockoff added tits, ass, and rapes. It's basically softcore with faps about every five minutes,
was quite the experience and I do recommend.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Just watched The Highwaymen on Netflix. It was alright but it was really slow and you basically never saw Bonnie and Clyde til the very end. It was better than most of the Netflix original movies but that isn't really saying much. 6.5/10.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Highwaymen was decent. Mix of a buddy movie and a dad movie. Good performances and had nice visuals, but didn't really manage to tell an interesting story.

Caliane

The Silence on Netflix.
6/10 maybe.

It has Stanley Tucci carrying it. And Sabrina(kiernan Shipka.)
Its acted well.

But its a giant rip-off movie. I just don't really understand how these get made. its like Screamfeeder heard me saying how Birdbox should have focused more on humancults forming from the monsters.

So this movie is literally, "a quiet place" meets "Reign of fire". Miners open up a pocket in a cave, and accidentally release thousands of bat-wasps have been inside this cave for 1.6 million years, somehow, in Pennsylvania.
These bat-wasps swarm and kill everything making noise, and expand exponentially... somehow. Apparently they lay eggs, and hatch in hours or something I guess... so, over the course of a week, expand into the millions and wipe out the Eastern seaboard, and the entire US and beyond..

But yeah, they are blind, and only navigate by sound. but not like, organized control like a bat. nah. just full on crash into and attempt to murder anything that makes noise, like the quiet place monsters. Which just makes the whole thing stupid. As is exemplified in a scene in the very fucking movie, where the father turns on a woodchipper, and the bat-wasps murder themselves diving into it. The answer would not to be silent. the answer would be to make alot of fucking noise, with a killing machine. Retool your lawnmower to project the blades up. have a helicopter just spin its blades. They be killing themselves on wind turbines. Air raid/fire/tornado alert sirens with combines, or any number of other killing methods. Power is working. so could easily just jump your house power to a large metal object, and watch them kill themselves as they fly into your electric death trap.

nature isn't super quiet either. These things would be going on a rampage everywhere, not just vs humans. Granted it DOES show them laying eggs in dead animals. But the movie utterly fails at even considering what that would actually mean. at the end, it poses the question"who will adapt and survive, humans or them?" well, if these things do what you said they do, you are already dead. Because they killed all the frogs, bees, birds, etc. And the entire ecosystem is going to collapse. They will then starve to death, and so will you.

Last edited:

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It's Netflix. They green light pretty much anything and then pay good actors to try and carry the weak script.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Watched a few movies yesterday while riding the couch all day. Will try to sum up some quick reviews. Might be hard to do on mobile, a pain to type out a whole essay. Also, days like this I generally try to find really b-grade movies of a specific genre or theme and just watch them. That often means a ton of low rated budget terrible movies. Which I really do enjoy and manage to find a few that aren’t terrible. I’ll watch them so you don’t have to.

Escape Room (2019) - Pretty enjoyable, nothing special but about 1,000% better than both of the 2017 Escape Room movies ( This terrible trash and this one with Skeet Ulrich!! ) Wouldn’t hate a sequel, but still wouldn’t go see it in the theaters. Rooms were over the top and the overall “big bad” motivation was generic. Didn’t really like the last room as it was way too distracting as a viewer. I’d say 6/10 as far as the genre, mindlessness, what it was trying to accomplish.

Infinity Chamber - Honestly really liked this one much more than it probably deserved. Or more than many people would. It just hit a bunch or right spots with me. Man arrested and kept in solitary with his AI jailer to watch over him. Flashbacks to his day leading up to his arrest and his involvement with a group trying to overthrow/ undermine the surveillance state. Most of it has to do with the main character being alone in the room with the computer AI and how they play off each other. At times quiet, overall slow, a few twists that aren’t surprising but fit well within the plot, thoughtful, and an ending that is open to interpretation without being condescending. 7/10 for me easily. But again, I can see where a lot of people may not enjoy it.

Exit - Ugh. If Infinity Chamber worked for me on the cerebral, quiet, whatever level this failed spectacularly. Hated each of the characters, hated the script. Was overly heavy handed and emo. Hated the vagueness of everything. Which was really disappointing because the premise sounded really cool. People in a huge city think it is all a big maze and they spend their lives searching every door for the exit. There’s something there. And it is cool that the team decided to make this more a movie about obsession, addiction, breaking out of your cage, and all those things. But at the end it is just boring and insulting. It wouldn’t have taken much to pull it all together while still keeping the themes they wanted to present, but the bad parts killed the whole mood for me. This could really be another one that others would totally love and “get,” but hard pass from me, 4/10.

Traveling Salesman - Trite, dumb, way too long (even at 80min) exposition about what happens when some mathematicians solve P=NP for the U.S. Gov’t and start challenging what it will be used for and how their names will be attached to the project. Whole thing basically takes place around a conference room table with the smug mathematicians arguing with the smug DOD representative ina back and forth wholier than though about right and wrong and abusing power. Maybe I was just burnt out at this point. 3/10

Tangent Room - An interesting concept that really wasn’t terrible terrible for the first 2/3rds. Granted it is only 60 minutes long, so you don’t want to kill yourself for at least 40 minutes. But it falls apart ( as little as it was being held together to begin with ) when they try to resolve everything. Four scientists locked in a room tasked with figuring out what / why / how the world is ending after being given a list of seemingly random numbers that apply to what is happening. Kind of cool once things start going sideways but really seemed like they had no path to a resolution, or at least not a strong way to explain the narrative of getting there. And the really cringe worthy ending of a waaayyy too long sequence showing the resolution. At least I only wasted an hour of my life here and was well ready to fall asleep. 2/10.

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Alien 4K

I couldn’t imagine the opening sequences looking better than blu Ray. They do.

You’ll nut if you got a good 4k.

10/10 will nut again

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users