Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched Always Be My Maybe it's a so-so rom com with Ali Wong and Randall Park. However worth it to watch Keanu Reeves play an over the top version of himself. There is a bunch of LQBTQ shit thrown around but it's more done mockingly than as an over the top message.

We watched it and I didnt mind the LGBTBBQ to much because it's set in San Francisco. That shit is everywhere there. How ever it was enjoyable and the Keanu stuff was absolutely hilarious. The dinner scene was killing me.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Pet Semetary (the remake).

The first half is a lifeless xerox. The second half is pretty awful but I wasn't bored. John Lithgow did a better job than I was expecting but all of the pathos of the original film and the book is absent.

Best part was the cover of the Ramones "Pet Semetary" during the end credits. I like the original song and a remix was nice to get.

• 2Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
Suspiria (2018) on Amazon Prime - Poorly done to the point that I felt like I was punked afterwards. It has some twists to it and is appropriately weird but its frustratingly vague at times. This was clearly done for the reason perpetuating "wtf" - but it's just not good.

Also, Tilda Swinston plays two characters, one a man - this is completely random, like maybe she thought she could pull it off and it was her idea? either way it was clearly her in every scene and she was terrible at it, mimicking movements of the elderly, holding her fake cock, etc - it was farse. I had to IMDB because it was so unbelievably idiotic.

If you liked Black Swann, maybe but it was like film student artsy fartsy leave it be, waste of time. 2/10

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I caught Under the Silver Lake after the folks at RLM reviewed it and thought it was fine. It had this "David Lynch reimagines Slums of Beverly Hills" thing going but with hipsters.

Sorta slow, sorta long, sorta weird, decent soundtrack.

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Watched The Dead Don't Die. I liked it. It was funny. One of those movies you can watch repeatedly and pick up some new things.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Hancock.

I had seen it when it first appeared on Blu-Ray. It was good to watch again, the 3 main actors all do a really good job of it and the story with its reveal works in another way when you know whats coming.

An interesting side note: I'm a big Mad Max fury road fan and as I was watching Hancock I realised how Charlize had almost no resemblance to Furiosa, she's just being 'hot blond girl'. Even in close up shots I'm thinking "Nope, she looks way different" . . . then there's one scene in which Will Smith and her are fighting, he finally pushes her buttons by calling her crazy, he then goes Cuckoo! She turns around to hit him, then when she had the angry glare in her eyes 'Boom' there's Furiosa.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
Watched Falling Down again, and it still stands up as a great movie. I remember sympathizing a lot with Douglas' character when I first watched it as a kid, and I have come to see the truth of his craziness more and more with every rewatch. The things that trigger him are all things that get under our skin, but him having lost his shit just amplifies it into a whole other level.

It's crazy to think that it's directed by the same guy that did the shitty Batman movies.

8.5/10

• 2Like

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Watched Hold the Dark. Movie is nothing like I expected. It was fucking crazy.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Watched Hold the Dark. Movie is nothing like I expected. It was fucking crazy.

I haven't seen it but I have seen two of the director's prior films Blue Ruin and Green Room and they were both a trip. I'd recommend them both.

• 1Like

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Aquaman :. 5/10, was pleasantly surprised. Plot was dull, too much CGI, I did not get the whole black manta stuff, but overall a pleasant trip.

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
I haven't seen it but I have seen two of the director's prior films Blue Ruin and Green Room and they were both a trip. I'd recommend them both.

Blue Ruin is a fucking masterpiece. Green Room tries really hard but doesn't quite reach the point of Blue Ruin - the protagonists overcome a little TOO much in Green Room, whereas the protagonist in Blue Ruin is made very accessible and believable via his entire progression through the movie.

Hold the Dark has INCREDIBLE tone and pacing for the first 90% of the movie then shits the bed for the last 10%. But a very good watch nonetheless.

I just rewatched The Rover. I've never been a big fan of Guy Pierce but he is amazing in this movie. And this was my final step in accepting Robert Pattinson as a real actor. This movie has interesting pacing as well, as it plods along for a while and then BAM NASTY VIOLENCE, then plods along for a while more, then BAM. The ending, and the big reveal as to the Pierce character's motivation for the entire trek gets me right in the fucking feels. I am choking up a little about it just typing this. Great movie.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

spronk

FPS noob
Stuber - 6.5/10. The new buddy cop comedy with Dave Bautista (Drax) and Kumail N (Silicon Valley), where the brown guy plays a uber driver who gets wrangled into helping an LA cop chasing a drug kingpin.

Its ok, its clearly something that mimics Rush Hour, 48 Hours, and other buddy cop comedies from the 80s with a bit of wokeness injection ("be a man") and 2019 tech savviness. Some funny bits, but it never really gets REALLY funny and the action scenes are just very mediocre. The story is extremely predictable which is fine, but the actors have little to no chemistry with each other and by the end of the movie you don't really care about either which is a huge failure for any buddy cop movie.

I really, really like Drax in GOTG/etc but its pretty interesting to see him reach his acting limitations in something like this, the difference between him and Arnold in his prime is massive in how much personal charisma they have and how much carrying of a movie they can personally do. Dave Bautista can't.

Decent if you got 2 hours to kill but not really worth paying real money for

edit: i forgot, there is some nudity but its male (random) stripper dong, no female sexy times at all. i hate this new paradigm of comedies only having male frontal nudity, at least show some titties too

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
re-watched 300 and it has aged well with time. I was surprised with a thing, Michael Fassbender. We all love him, but he's in this. I remembered the non-Leonidas Spartan scenes, but I misremembered them as random Spartan actors. Turns out they're all him. (Barring the Father/Son and Orator). Was this his big break?

Chanur

<Gold Donor>
Just watched Smokey and the Bandit again. Really fun movie. Sally Fields was a babe too.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
Upgrade - Incredibly fun, liked all of it. The ending wrapped up things fairly well. 8.5/10

The Endless
- Read a lot of hype around this movie, decided to finally give it a go on Netflix. Very Cabin in the Woods feel to it, which is a good thing. Really enjoyed (the lady didn't, but to be expected) it, need to catch the first movie they made. 8.25/10

Hereditary
- Fuck, one of the tensest movies I have ever seen. Very good movie. Loved the mythology tie in. 9/10

mid90s
- All about the idea of a throwback 90s film, especially revolving around shitheads that skateboarded... Movie was, wasn't much of a movie? They did a really solid job with the "feel" of the movie, but it's not something I'd ever watch again. Very much a nostalgia carried "film". 6.5/10

• 3Like

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Easy Rider - People always talk about this as some American masterpiece. I didn't really know anything about it going in and was disappointed to find out it's basically just an artsy fartsy, drug infused allegory about America in the 60s. There were some enjoyable parts of the movie, basically anything involving Jack Nicholson's character, but the rest of it was just lost on me.

Completely over rated film, if you want to watch a 60s masterpiece watch the Woodstock concert film. 'Dont eat the Brown Acid!'