Rate Movies You've Recently Watched.

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Back 2 backed Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer. Probably both are top 5 Cusack movies for me. They are very quirky movies, but its my kinda humor. I'd probably rank them 7/10's.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Back 2 backed Better Off Dead and One Crazy Summer. Probably both are top 5 Cusack movies for me. They are very quirky movies, but its my kinda humor. I'd probably rank them 7/10's.

Both are on my list to watch with my kids. You have great taste Sir!

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

spronk

FPS noob
better-off-dead-i-want-my-2-dollars-vintage-t-shirt-classic-tee.jpg

kids are gonna freak out at the asian scenes lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Watching more 80's movies. This time back to back Robin Williams movies. Also both in the 7/10 range, but fun movies.

Animosity

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Green Street Hooligans - 2/10. Just watched Welcome to Wrexham so decided to rewatch this for the first time since it came out. Still one of the dumbest movies Ive ever seen. Hooligan firms being real is even more dumb.

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Watching more 80's movies. This time back to back Robin Williams movies. Also both in the 7/10 range, but fun movies.

Thats what i've been doing a lot of too. I guess at my (our) age, it feels good to watch movies from 80s/90s, I find myself scanning the scenes for old brands, furniture styles, etc. Also there are tons of good movies from then that i've never seen, just the other night I watched Edward Scissor Hands for the first time ever.

I've been doing the same with video games. I've succumbed to full on nostalgia living, and I don't care.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
I've been doing the same with video games. I've succumbed to full on nostalgia living, and I don't care.
Id say less nostalgia and more its that movies pre 80s are almost entirely devoid of anything resembling SJW retardation.

Men wherent bumbling retards struggling with not shitting themselves
Women could be provocative and men could like them for being provocative
No diversity hires
Actual blood and gore

etc.

Once you get into the 90s that stuff starts creeping in and by the end of the 2000s everything is thoroughly infested. Sure lots of 80s movies end up looking dated/archiac or being cheesy with the performances(especially fight scenes or anything physical compared to today, probably the one area movies have improved in) but not being pozd with sjw retardation elevates them so much regardless.

• 3Like

lurker

Vyemm Raider
True Grit 10/10

I like westerns and this is a good 'un. Well acted, well written, well directed and photographed. Not overly dark, it has some lighter moments . I believe I will commence speaking as they did back then and will use no contractions in my speech

• 3Like

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
True Grit 10/10

I like westerns and this is a good 'un. Well acted, well written, well directed and photographed. Not overly dark, it has some lighter moments . I believe I will commence speaking as they did back then and will use no contractions in my speech
Its great. One of the few remakes that is actually near/as good as the original.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Locnar

<Bronze Donator>
Before I forget.. I watched a movie called "The Woman" (2011) last night.

Stick with it, it may seem cheesy for the first 15 mins but you need to trust me. Also, the soundtrack was just phenomenal and I'm not the kind that usually keys in on that.

2nd, to try to fall asleep I started a 2nd movie last night, "The Howling 2: your sister is a werewolf"!!! I had heard this was a kinda "lost" movie and hard to find, anyways its streaming on .... shit I forgot, but one of my traditional services like HBO or Prime. I only got half way through before falling asleep but I was enjoying it and will finish tonight. Has Christopher Lee in it and WILD ass 80's style scenes. Was so bad it was good.

• 1Like

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
Run Bitch Run. 3/10

I'm not going to waste time on the plot. It's supposed to be a grindhouse type movie. Yes to boobs and violence but not nearly enough of either. I was drinking and expected terrible though.

Guurn

<Bronze Donator>
You were never really here. 6/10

A guy with severe early childhood trauma works to save children from being trafficked. This summary makes it sound better than it is, it takes serious suspension of disbelief. For instance, the main guy kills almost everyone with a hammer. He just walks up and bashes until dead. This includes playground guards and cops that are actually trying to kill him. It has a little Leon the professional vibe with him and the kid he's saving but without any of the charm.

This was probably a really good story but it's ruined by bad directorial choices, terrible editing and weird sound/music choices. Fantastic acting almost saves it.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Just watched Old by M. Night Shyamalan, the one where people are on a beach that ages them a year for every half hour they are there. I had the Rifftrax commentary for it (the MST3K guys) and gave it a go.

I don't dislike the story it was telling or the characters or anything. Those were fine but the cinematography was awful. Awful awful awful. You know that horror trope where the camera isn't showing you something during a scene to build tension? Oh no, the character doesn't know X and as the scene drags out the eventual reveal is all the more impactful as both the character and the audience finally have their revelation? This whole fucking movie is shot like that. The camera is all up on just fucking everything all the goddamn time. On the big screen I think it would have given me a migraine.

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Watched Shanghai on HBO last night. Ken Watanabe and Chow Yun-Fat make it hard to not like. It was good. John Cusack just wasnt the right guy for the lead. Honestly, this reminded me of a 1950's film noir piece that would have starred Humphrey Bogart. It would have been better as a Bogart film. 6.5/10 and could have been an 8/10 with the right lead actor. A Robert Mitchum or James Cahn type is what it was lacking.

Goatface

Plane 7/10 - watch almost everything Gerard Butler does and thought it was pretty good. trailers spoil most everything as normal.

• 1Solidarity

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Watched There's Something Wrong With The Children. Was pretty decent. 6 or 7 out of 10. Worth a watch.

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Plane 7/10 - watch almost everything Gerard Butler does and thought it was pretty good. trailers spoil most everything as normal.
I kinda fell asleep since it was late, liked how it was straight forward and didn't have some twist. Did they ever mention the backstory of the badass killing black guy? Kind of why I kept trying to stay up.

If you like 80/90s action movies it's worth a watch. Butler needs to do a sequel to Den of Thieves

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users