Ray Donovan

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
What? How? Ray is a fixer. He covers up celebrity fuck ups, not bring them to light.
Fred Otash had THE Hollywood PI agency back in the day, he engineered some scandals but it's safe to assume he did cover a lot of shit too (like top notch actors homosexuality and Howard Hughes main bagman). I'm not saying Ray character is Fred Otash, more like a modern version of him.

Jimbolini

Semi-pro Monopoly player
2nd season off to a decent start....I have issues with how Ray can push the FBI around, but wth.

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
2nd season off to a decent start....I have issues with how Ray can push the FBI around, but wth.
That "I'm confessing to some major crime conspiracy you'll never have stuff to build your case on" was indeed farfetched since nowadays FBI's offices crave upon any high profile case they can grasp their claws on.

spronk

FPS noob
lol "my pussy hurts"

fucking hell mrs. donovan in agent provocateur lingerie is insta boner

good to see bunk back on TV

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bah, while script is running circles (Mick isn't around anymore //// is now around because Ray needs a serious threat) and main plot is somewhat silly (that LA's FBI SAC being shady as fuck regarding murders while keeping a hard-on regarding 20yo most wanted), IMO both Liev Schreiber John Voigt hold the show right now. So far writing isn't awful and I like Ray's underground LA fixer profile but unless they're axing heads this show looks like a cheap, poor attemps at doing The Sopranos in LA.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
I enjoyed Season 1, but season 2 isn't doing it for me yet. I was actively tuning out of the second episode, hopefully the third is better.

spronk

FPS noob
like most dramas nowadays this show really only works well when you marathon it, dunno why so many shows nowadays spend the first 2 episodes setting a lot of shit up, then the next 5 just kind of spinning around expanding slowly, then the last few episodes in crazy HOLY SHIT town. Its like they expect everyone to netflix the entire season instead of watching it live.

in fact that may be the thing to do, wait until the final week then marathon through season 1 and 2 together for some epic ray and mickey time

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
lol "my pussy hurts"

fucking hell mrs. donovan in agent provocateur lingerie is insta boner

good to see bunk back on TV
I really do not care for that actress, I find her hard to look at, she was my least favorite character on Deadwood too.

In what world does Liev settle for that?

TheBeagle

JunkiesNetwork Donor
Ya, she's not hot. At all. Ray D. is way out of her league unless she was a trust fund kid. I remember from Deadwood that she had a serious case of pancake tits too.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
All those displays of asshole he does would just turn women on more. E.g. The crazy hot young one, and every other woman he's come across including the tranny.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think we're supposed to believe that she was irish southy ghetto-hot at some point, and now she's the mother of his children, and he's loyal because deep down he's good-guy-greg and only bangs other chicks when they really need the D (where D stands for Donovan.)

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Trixie annoys the fuck out of me on this show.
It's like they saw how much everyone hated Skylar on BB and decided to make an even dumber version of her. Skylar could at least do math, and she did have that pretty ingenious plan to fool the IRS agent into thinking she was just a ditz who couldn't work a spreadsheet.

Abby is a bad parent, a bad wife and a bad person, and dumb to top it all off.

I know two things, fucking black women and robbing banks - Mickey Donovan
Jon Voight continues to be the best reason to watch this show.

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
It's like they saw how much everyone hated Skylar on BB and decided to make an even dumber version of her. .
I like how Rerolled continually fails to realise how boring TV shows would be if the main character was in a perfect marriage/relationship. Wives exist to add another layer of storyline and characterisation, and the easiest way to do that is to make them unfaithful. They have to antagonise the main character someway, that's why HE is the protagonist and thats why SHE is one of the antagonists

spronk

FPS noob
I like how Rerolled continually fails to realise how boring TV shows would be if the main character was in a perfect marriage/relationship. Wives exist to add another layer of storyline and characterisation, and the easiest way to do that is to make them unfaithful. They have to antagonise the main character someway, that's why HE is the protagonist and thats why SHE is one of the antagonists
that is a completely shitty and weak ass excuse. You can totally make a female antagonist who is awesome and the viewers sympathize with, but the lazy way is to make her a stupid cunt who makes completely idiotic decisions with no consistency. Look at Mickey for example, he is a complete asshole but everyone loves him because he is insane and does funny shit.

Could have had Abby decide that she loves Ray more than anything, and have her murder the women he sleeps with - the reporter, the Disney Channel star, etc and keep evidence around implicating Ray, in case he ever decides to dump her. Force Mickey to help her hide the bodies in exchange for access to kids. Siphon and launder money off into a small business on the side in a fake name, so she can be ok when Ray dies/goes to jail.

Realize that living in a huge house with neighbors who look down on her is a terrible idea and start dreaming of owning property in Italy or Mexico. Have sex with her daughters black crush so her daughter catches them and dumps him.

Just a whole lot of really, really terrible things a human can do but make her an awesome character. But instead she has gone from a mom who worries about her kids a lot to a retard who wants a big house and fucks the first guy who flirts with her, and seems completely out of touch with what her husband is and does. She wasn't a well written character in s1 but its gone off the cliff in s2. S2 overall is just not that good, the reporter storyline was awful and really went nowhere.