Re-Live the 80's

Terial

Trakanon Raider
pssst... this one is far better
smile.png

80's TV

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
depends if you were old enough to enjoy it.
Actually, being a kid in the 80s was pretty badass. Good cartoons like Transformers, GI Joe and He-Man. Lots of good movies as well. Nintendo & arcades were in their golden age. And 80s kids were the first to have computers throughout schooling, setting you up for Tech/IT success.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
More like the last decade before the blacks took over the airwaves with their wrapping and their arnbeeing.

Seriously though, there was some great punk and alternative and the genesis of every electronic genre. Not everything was "80's music".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Actually, being a kid in the 80s was pretty badass. Good cartoons like Transformers, GI Joe and He-Man. Lots of good movies as well. Nintendo & arcades were in their golden age. And 80s kids were the first to have computers throughout schooling, setting you up for Tech/IT success.
same, i was 8 when the 80s started so i had an entire decade to grow into and appreciate a new culture which was incredible. i watched all those cartoons, i watched some far longer than i should have, my friends still give me shit when i tell them i loved the smurfs even though i would have been 14 or 15 when they came out. fuck that, that shit was hilarious.

More like the last decade you cared about music.
not so, i cared plenty about music, i still do. the 90s started off excellently. you guys love to remind me that my eq surname was astrocreep, not an 80s album. the 90s started great but ended crappy with nu metal and crappy pop songs . in the 2000s music turned into a complete waste of time. i ended up ditching american music altogether and got into euro metal and EBM/synthpop. once in a while somebody comes along and breathes new life into american music, but you cant rate an entire decade on just one or 3 exceptional performers.

its easy to gauge how shitty music has become when its songs dont tell you a story or leave any residual feelings with you. now its all effects and catchy riffs and nothing else. the heart of music is gone now for the most part. has been for quite a while

Grimsark

I'll second that.
smile.png

Erikmustride_sl

shitlord
I liked most of the music from the eighties. It was like audible Andy Warhol art. A lot of it was crap, but it had a good beat and you could dance to it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
depends if you were old enough to enjoy it. it certainly was the last great decade for music
meh the last great decade were the 90's.
the 80's were good in many thing but in terms of clothes and fashion....was the worst decade ever

mysterion_sl

shitlord
meh the last great decade were the 90's.
the 80's were good in many thing but in terms of clothes and fashion....was the worst decade ever
meh the last great decade were the 00's.
the 90's were good in many thing but in terms of clothes and fashion....was the worst decade ever

and since this is screenshots: somewhat related on different levels
rrr_img_53020.jpg

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Haha, I have some pics of me in TERRIBLE clothes as a kid in the 80s. However, I was really young then, so I'm pretty sure that means my mom has shitty taste in clothing. Or at least did in the 80s. The clothing available that decade was definitely an enabler.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
I had some bitchin' all white Bugle Boy pants with numerous velcro pockets all over them that I rocked during high school. I cringe just thinking about that now.

Nostalgia makes me reflect more favorably on a lot of the things from the 80s than they probably really were, but it did seem like a great time when I was growing up. And about 90% of my playlists are still 80s metal/hair bands. I'd rather listen to stuff that I absolutely HATED in the 80s now than most of the current music. For example, I couldn't stand Duran Duran, they were a bunch of "posers" to those of us into Iron Maiden, Motley Crue, Slayer, etc. Now...eh, not so bad! Definitely better than anything on the R&B charts.

The biggest thing that I remember fondly about the 80s is that we still fucking went outside to do shit. Yeah the 80s got kids into video games and computers, but I'd still drop them in a second to go play football in the middle of the street. Not to mention telling your parents you were going outside to play at 10am, and their response being, "Be back before it is dark." No concern about child molesters or drive-by shootings, and if we fell off of our bikes and hit our heads, if we survived we probably got slapped upside the head for being stupid.

Terrible wardrobes and hairstyles aside, yeah the 80s was a pretty fucking good time to be a kid.