Ready Player One (2018)

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
Ok so after watching the trailer about 30 times looking for Easter eggs and pop culture references so far this is what I've found.

--Aech is the cybernetic Voldemorc, you can see his name on his armor in the scene with the Halo rifle
--Artemis is driving the Akira motorcycle, it has a hello kitty sticker on it I think
--Looks like Shoto is the one standing next to Parcizal by the iron giant
--The robot scorpion looks like it's Joust, when one of the things die it turns into coins and a green egg.
--Lara Croft and what looks like Rorschak are talking in the race scene at the starting line
--The original Mad Max Car is also in line second row from the left
--Duke Nukem shooting the rocket at Aech
--Plenty of different Avatars from different series at the club scene from Conan to Gandalf to Deathstroke and Harley Quinn
--I think there's a face in the reflection of Wades visor at the end but can't get a clear shot of it.

Few other things I've noticed but most people have seen already. Still looking for more. Also heard the race is going to be more to the begining of the movie. Still eagerly waiting for it. Hopefully more towards the early 2018 date and not later.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
Spell Art3mis right damn it!!! :p

remember the iron giant was one of the selections for gate 2 completion so it is not a throw in.

wonder what robot the sixer boss will be using...ie DID they get the rights to use MechaGodzilla...and Ultraman...

Needless

Toe Sucker
I really hope they can achieve making the main character as repulsively annoying as he was in the book!

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
it's too bad little Anakin Skywalker is grown up now, or he'd be the perfect punchable protagonist. Once the nostalgia wears off and you actually pay attention to the plot, the book really starts to suck

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
doubt they'll have this in the movie,
while he was pimply and overweight (never said how much overweight)
once he was on his own, he started to blimp out, then he linked his oasis account to a fitness/diet program and got into shape since it would not let him log into oasis if he hadn't done the daily workout.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
doubt they'll have this in the movie,
while he was pimply and overweight (never said how much overweight)
once he was on his own, he started to blimp out, then he linked his oasis account to a fitness/diet program and got into shape since it would not let him log into oasis if he hadn't done the daily workout.
No it would let him in but he turned that feature on to force him to lose weight so he could meet Art3mis and be hot.

• 1Worf

Soulfire

Golden Knight of the Realm
In the teaser he says he was born in the year 2025 and it takes place in the year 2045. So looks like he will be out of high school. Not much else we know but meh.. I'm still looking forward to it.

gshurik

Tranny Chaser
<Gold Donor>
I liked the book, and I really like the aesthetics of the movie.

• 1Like

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Saw Chun Li next to Tracer I think

movie will be a fun popcorn flick cgi fest probably

March 30th.