Ready Player One (2018)

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
That's a pretty cool display piece. I'm a perfectionist at building things, so I'm sure it would also take me 3 hours to complete.

Oldbased

> Than U
Reminds me of Ender's Game in some odd style ways but more mature and better acting. The amount of times you'll have to watch this to find all the easter eggs will be insane( don't cheat! )

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Nothing about the trailer seemed appealing to me. Maybe I just don't have the nostalgia kick that others have.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I was on the meh side for the most recent trailer too. Though the remaining ones still have me stoked. Might just be the music choices, as come with me isn't really high energy for getting you hyped for a movie like this. However, The one with Rush/Tom Sawyer is perfect for achieving that.

Brad2770

I think the second trailer is trying to be appealing to women, considering quite a few hate video games because of their addicted boyfriends or ex boyfriends.

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
This was screened at SXSW last night, and it's getting pretty great reviews....

Quietly hopeful it isn't utter shit

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Brad2770

This was screened at SXSW last night, and it's getting pretty great reviews....

Quietly hopeful it isn't utter shit

Oh, do not worry. The sequel will blow all of that out of the water.

Wreck It Player Two

Wreck-it-Ralph.jpg

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Fandango gave me notification that tickets were now on sale for this. They aren't doing Imax though, which was surprising. I figured it would have done that.

Anyway, I now have tickets. Woowoo.

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
I've read enough "normie" opinions about the book on social media that I think the movie is going to be a huge miss for most people outside the target demographic too. I'm fine with that.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If you can't recognize at least half the references it will probably end up being a mediocre sci fi movie.

Namon

Blackwing Lair Raider
We saw the preview so we got the book on kindle. Wife loved it after a cold start. I'm ok with it, but the urban nerd culture runs strong in this one. I can't get over that the author is trying to sell that in an energy crisis everyone from the country will move inward to the big cities. Yeah, no. Those rednecks would survive and thrive while the idiots in the city starve and freeze to death. It's a minor detail but kind of foundational to the whole story, along with the "F2P with MTX is good while a paid sub is bad and evil" is also not sitting well with me either. But then they bust out an awesome MMO of yore trope or something from the 80's and I forgive them.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I read the book over a couple days when I was traveling to Asia a few years ago(so I had a lot of free time). I enjoyed it enough to finish it. The movie interests me more, just based on the visuals. We're gonna' try to catch it at the giant IMAX in Ft. Lauderdale.

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not to be cheeky, but aren't we also the target demo for this movie?

Don't be fooled, the story is meant for pre-teens. There will be some nostalgia for the older crowd, but man it's an awfully boring story. I bet the movie will be huge in the 12-18 year old demographic, they'll consider themselves so cool now that they know what the fuck a Max Headroom is.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Needless

Toe Sucker
I'm watching this for the sole purpose of Olivia Cooke, her scuffed breathing ass gave me a half chub in bates motel

Melvin

Blackwing Lair Raider
If you can't recognize at least half the references it will probably end up being a mediocre sci fi movie.

I think it takes more than just recognizing the references to like this story though, I think most people that really like this book and/or movie grok Anorak as a person. If you are that kind of geek, then being interested in the exact same things as Anorak is just icing on the cake. Idk though, I guess I could be wrong. Lots of people are unbelievably superficial and have extremely shallow interests after all.