Rebel Galaxy

Gator

Molten Core Raider
Created by Double Damage Games founded by Travis Baldree (Blizzard North / Diablo series / Torchlight) and Erich Schaefer (Fate / Torchlight).

We wanted to build a swashbuckling space game, one filled with weird aliens, backwater bartenders, lawless pirates, and epic space battles. A game with a galaxy to explore, characters to befriend or enrage, and the random element that?s been in so many of the games we?ve worked on.
Rebel Galaxy isn?t set in a shiny, modern future ? it?s a greasy, rusty place on the edge of the known universe, where the ships are barely holding it together, and the people are, too. It?s a sandbox galaxy where you play the character you want. Are you a devious mercenary, collecting bounties? A crafty trader who hires protection wherever she goes? A pirate, preying on convoys? A roguish do-gooder? Maybe a little of each? You?ll fight, trade, negotiate, escape, explore, scavenge, mine, ingratiate, and intimidate...With Rebel Galaxy we?re flipping that around ? YOU fly the big, weapon-bristling ships here, with huge quantities of firepower, turrets, volleys of rockets, and massive broadside blasts. It?s closer to naval combat, if naval combat had lasers, space fighters, shields, and warp-drives and was about ten times faster.

Sounds awesome!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/...ater-universe/
Rebel Galaxy, the newest game from the men behind Diablo and Torchlight | Polygon

Set for 2015 on PC and PS4

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I like the idea, but not impressed with the gameplay at all in that video. Will keep an eye on this though.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Sounds like Sid Meyer's Pirates! in space, which would be awesome.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
So this is a open world, single player dungeon (space) crawler? Looks really fun, I just unsure what genre it is.

Gator

Molten Core Raider
The graphics look a bit dated but if the gameplay is good, who cares? This has plenty of potential and I hope they can pull it off.

Jorren

Maximum Derek
<Bronze Donator>
Just picked this up, pretty fun so far. Using M/KB ATM, it is not bad, but may play better with a controller.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I bought it on Itzena's suggestion in the Steam sales thread.

Haven't had time to play it yet, but steam reviews are strongly positive at this point in time.

Delly

Trakanon Raider
Steam reviews suggest a Freelancer of sorts. Any time someone mentions Freelancer I'm sold.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
What does this mean
rrr_img_113581.jpg

I bought DLing now.

A bit upset no multiplayer but looks fun enough for the price.

sukik

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Looks like good times, although I'll probably wait for the Xbone release.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Wellp, this is certainly sandbox. Third mission destroyed me like nobody's business.

Pride got in the way, chose combat over paying out. Valhalla comes.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Wellp, this is certainly sandbox. Third mission destroyed me like nobody's business.

Pride got in the way, chose combat over paying out. Valhalla comes.
Is that where you go to destroy the crates and then dudes show up?

Blow up the fighters first, use junk to block the shots from the big ship, then focus fire the big ship up close with your broadsides.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Is that where you go to destroy the crates and then dudes show up?

Blow up the fighters first, use junk to block the shots from the big ship, then focus fire the big ship up close with your broadsides.
No, 'Dead John'. I dunno maybe not technically third mission if you count the ferry to find the second station?