Rebel Galaxy

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I chose the booster upgrade because I feel the need... the need for speed.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I would like to boost longer, but I feel like better tanking is more useful.

Its a good game. I'm enjoying it way more than I expected.

Its sorta like (just a little bit) Space Pirates Vs Zombies (another 2d space game) but with more depth and a better name.

SPAZ 2 comes out early next year and it'll probably be pretty good too, for an indie game.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I'm not really fond of the trading system so far. It's absurdly volatile, there's no places where you can just pick up cargo of a particular type (say, a factory station that just makes it) and it seems absurd that you can't get any more recent market updates even in a Merchant's Guild station.

Really sucks to find a supply of an item at 1/4 system average then have to run around to EVERY STATION to find out which one is propping up the market... only for it to crash half way in the time it takes you to find it.

Maybe I'm missing the real time market ticker feature.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Distress beacons - If they have traders or merchant vessels that you save if you hail them you can sell 1 item type 1-3 units for very high value. Second non distress beacons but beacons are hackable satellites which give a few potential outcomes. Up to date merchant info system wide (what you're after), A bunch of shit to go raid, or valuable mining nodes. I just sold stacks of valuable shit to merchants I rescued, and just sell things when I dock if the price is green or close to the system max.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I never trade in video games. Shit's boring to me.

Just how I roll. All combat all the time.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
How do you make credits? Right now I'm in the second system and everything is high/very high/extreme risk and I'm really looking at another half million in credits before I can kit out my next ship.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
How do you make credits? Right now I'm in the second system and everything is high/very high/extreme risk and I'm really looking at another half million in credits before I can kit out my next ship.
I'm still in the first system and there was definitely a difficulty curve to start, I dunno how it is in the second system. Gimme a sec I'll try to go get some screenshots of my loadout for you to take a look at.

rrr_img_113913.jpg

rrr_img_113914.jpg

rrr_img_113915.jpg

rrr_img_113916.jpg

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Yea my kit has a bit more upgrades but it's the hull right below that, Corvette class (second best in that).

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Are you loaded up with the lasers? And the hull I have is pretty durable. I did just die on a mission, but it was my third in a row without repairing so I think that's why.

I dunno, since I haven't left the first sector I don't know how much things ramp up after the first sector.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Just tractor beam shit into your hold that has a value > 1000 when you destroy nerds. Do the distress beacons, say you loot some gold ingots, fuck finding an outpost, save a trader, with only gold in your inventory when you ask them to trade they will only buy what you have. Throw out weak shit. Even combat ships can have a tractor beam and an expanded cargo hold for swiping valuables when you kill enemies. Missions mention how many jumps away they are. Be selective about what you chose to take on.

One thing to consider about your ship. The hull is in a sense a co-upgrade to your broadside weapon of choice if it has more ports than your current hull. Also - Weapon/Deflector upgrades can be more effective at making your combat ability higher.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Just found my first Viridian laser, things awesome. Also turns out I was dumb because APPARENTLY missile turrets (I have a swarm 2 and a shieldbreaker 3) can fire without LOS so simply putting both lasers on top and the missiles on each side has increased DPS substantially.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Missile turrets I find useless because of the ammo requirements. I'm nearing the end of the story missions I think and I had a shield busting turret with 36 ammo that was ~12k to refill and some 3x warhead alien turret that was 20k to refill. In an average capital ship engagement I'd burn through at least half my ammo before I got into range to properly deal damage due to shield regen just soaking the missiles. Lasers and broadsides are just miles away better due to not having ammo limitations.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Missiles suck because of the limits on ammo and also because of their range limits. They'll fire at something that is out of range, and explode before reaching it.

Once I figured that out, I swapped out my missile turret for a laser turret. Shit works much better, yes.

Also long range broadsides are superior to short range by far.

I just sit back with long range lasers and broadsides and rape shit. Most of the large ships I encounter can't even hit back.

Necrath Evilcraft

Golden Knight of the Realm
Missiles suck because of the limits on ammo and also because of their range limits. They'll fire at something that is out of range, and explode before reaching it.
You can change the AI on missiles to different things how they choose to fire on what. I switched mine to only fire on locked targets. It has made life much easier.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Locking onto targets is still a bit of a pain in the ass.

I beat the game just using lasers rank 4 - 5. So I wouldn't bother with missiles myself.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lasers are clearly superior either way, for sure. Missiles are limited ammo. Lasers aren't.