Rebel Moon (2023)

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
supposedly this is more like a ripoff of Battle Beyond The Stars.

so Battle Beyond the Stars has a cantina scene too that features a bunch of weird aliens, the heroes getting unwanted attention from a freaky alien, that freaky alien getting beat up before they go look for a space ship? wow what a coincidence

• 1Mother of God
Reactions: 1 user

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
This was forgettable.

It had some nice scenes as I always love a good science fiction environment. The Sllllloooooowwww moooode waaas reaaaallly oooovvver dooone. Every other scene was a post card instead of good acting, writing and better directing. I will watch part 2 with no real expectation except for some cool science fiction shots(The Black Hole).
I rate this a Meh.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Considering watchmen doesn’t really have any actors in it I enjoy, I give him a lot of credit. I think that’s just about everyone’s best performances and it’s. Great film
Patrick Wilson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan my guy. They are awesome.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
Patrick Wilson and Jeffrey Dean Morgan my guy. They are awesome.

Patrick Wilson was good in fargo and hes just meh to me, I get hes done some good stuff but thats it. Watchmen hes great.

JDM is like 3 minutes in the movie, hes good. But yeah hes a top tier actor on TV

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
This was a joke right? Wow wtf I didn't make it past the cantina / hogwarts rip off. Snyder is smoking some quality shit

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I keep wanting to give this a try but you guys are making it really fucking difficult

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

BubbySoup

Golden Knight of the Realm
This was bad, like really bad. I'm not really sure what Snyder was trying to achieve with this at all. The slo-mo was just ...awful as were the action sequences.

The steampunk vibe from the spaceships is about the only good thing I can say.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I didnt necesarrily think it was "bad" really.. just felt like the director was shooting for some kind of rip off of Firefly or, even so far as to say Farscape. Like, it really felt that he was shooting for that vein of whimsical but "serious" at times. There are some really cringe parts that you can tell they are trying to pull off some epic, monumental scene that will make the audience stand up and applaud (like the ending in the grain fields) - but they just fall flat, feel forced, and come off as just stupid instead.

Outside of some very, very minor passive woke shit like the girls being the real power house in the Guardians of the Galaxy schtick or just the casting in general - I really didnt feel like any agenda was being pushed.

If you completely ignore the grunts getting all rapey on the village girl in the beginning, though.. the mother earth Armies goals and ideals make perfect sense. They keep trying to demonize them in the story, but each time, even with the violence crazed general that adopted her - the empire, err.. mother earth guys just seem to be ruling with an iron fist, dealing with insurgents, and nuking planets from orbit that are deemed to hostile. Expecting tribute, and/or taxes. Just seems like common sense type of shit to me. But w/e. Im sure that if this is based on a book - the book is far better at getting the points across instead.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This was bad, like really bad. I'm not really sure what Snyder was trying to achieve with this at all. The slo-mo was just ...awful as were the action sequences.

The steampunk vibe from the spaceships is about the only good thing I can say.
Michael Bay has explosions and Snyder has slo-mo.

Fucker

Log Wizard
Only thing good about this movie is this thread, and that is because I only just now learned there is an ultimate cut of Watchmen.

This movie is Just Another McMovie that we've all watched 1,000 times before, but with a different name and maybe with different actors. In previous lives, it was Direct to VHS, then Direct to DVD, now Direct to the Toilet, I mean Direct to Streaming.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
so Battle Beyond the Stars has a cantina scene too that features a bunch of weird aliens, the heroes getting unwanted attention from a freaky alien, that freaky alien getting beat up before they go look for a space ship? wow what a coincidence
Also a spaceship shaped like boobs. Haven't watched this yet but hoping for a boobship.

• 1Solidarity

Cybsled

Barbarella is the gold standard for horny sci-fi movies

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I didnt necesarrily think it was "bad" really..

Same here I'm completely indifferent to all the hate it's getting. I get the negative takes and criticisms, but the overall bashing just seems unfounded and probably stems from Snyder hate in general.

It's a popcorn flick ripping off a few different known stories. At no point did I feel like I should be shutting it off-- despite the fact it probably isn't worth seeing.

Complete indifference is the best way to describe it.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
It wasn’t too woke / turbo gay. It suffers from a piss ass weak story that was then left on the editing room floor as they cut this fucker in 1/2 for time.

If it was a mini series they could have fleshed out the world enough to make you care but there was no time so you get a soulless visual space bullshit which honestly could have been a decent Sci-fi series. Oh well.

• 1Like

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
The best way to watch this film is by visualising how each scene would look if lucasfilm accepted his star wars pitch

• 1Rustled

Slaanesh69

Millie's Staff Member
This movie was hot garbage.

The only CGI that was good was the ship landing sequences either on planet or on dreadnought, and lucky they were good because it happened over and over and over again.

Every scene felt claustrophobic even though they tried to make these expansive, grand green-screen set ups - it literally felt like every scene was filmed in a small room.

The slo mo was so overused it actually started making me angry.

The blatant nazi imagery, uniforms, clothing, haircuts, etc, for the big bad Motherworld were so trite I fell off my chair rolling my eyes. The use of a south african accent for the real one-on-one evil soldiers was also ridiculous.

Also, the movie didn't cram the woke down your throat, but the fact that the heroic rebels were a mix of a woman, maori, black, asian and token white against the exclusively aryan white Motherworld was kind of gross.

And speaking of that, the movie was essentially set pieces introducing each individual heroic character before the final minor showdown, and yet I felt zero connection or empathy with any character besides the main protagonist. I will say she did a good job with the material she was given, she was the one decent part of the movie. That being said, a 110 pound woman throwing hands will always be ridiculous to me, no matter the background training, ultimate badass set up.

Not even remotely worth watching.

Edit - I agree with jayrebb jayrebb though - I pointed out a lot of things that irritated me, but the movie wasn't the worst thing I have ever seen, just not worth anyone's time to watch, really. I just felt like pointing out all the minutiae that was so obvious. The only thing that really made me mad was the slo mo, it was terrible. I've been wanting a new epic sci fi movie for so long, the fact that this was so meh made me very disappointed.

Last edited:
  • 1Like