Recommend a dating site

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
"Have zero interest in going to Burning Man"

I might have to add that line to mine.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The profile isn't terrible and at times reasonably funny and engaging. But you should make the entire thing funny and engaging instead of just parts and leave the entire "tear myself down" aspect behind. Even if you want to convey you don't club and don't want to travel extensively that's fine. But honestly both my wife and I are atheist and if either one of us had anything about "If you believe in God hurr durr keep walking" neither one of us would message each other. Like it or not super atheists are just as annoying as super religious people and that isn't shit we'd want to deal with. I think most atheists are that way. Or maybe you are a super annoying atheist beats me.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
See, I don't see it as "tearing myself down" because I'm not. I'm being realistic. I'm too old to pretend shit to make someone else happy. This is me, take it or leave it. Also, I didn't say "if you believe in God", I said "if God is important in your life". The difference may not exist for you, but it does for others. Regardless, despite your criticisms, it worked for me. Perhaps the issue you have with it is, (were you a woman) you are not the type of person I would be trying to attract. And that's totally cool. I'm simply sharing what has worked for me so far.

And Alex, I've gotten at least 2 women to reply from that line alone (or at least two have mentioned that's why they initially contacted me).

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Having to add that you don't want to go to Burning Man specifically. Damn and I thought Austin was bad about that.

Are you a hipsterish type or appear to be or something?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Also still rocking it with the tatted/pierced up, purple haired acupuncturist weeaboo and its god damn awesome.

iannis

Musty Nester
You might want to niggle it to "If you are of an Evangelical bent".

There are an awful lot of people who find God to be very important in their life, but don't hodj out every 10 minutes trying to convert people. Too wide a net with that one maybe. You'll catch the quietly content as well as the jesus freaks. Or maybe it's perfectly stated and you don't want either.

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
You guys have no idea how many ladies in this area have shit like "Love to go to Burning Man!" on their profiles. Fuck. That. Shit.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that sounds absolutely horrible.

I wonder how many of them have ever been, or if it's just code for "I WANNA PAAAAAAAAARTAHY". Like, do they actually want to physically go to the desert, eat peyote, and get trains run on them for 3 days?

And if they do, why do they want to bring a boyfriend? Why don't they just... you know... go do that.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
You might want to niggle it to "If you are of an Evangelical bent".

There are an awful lot of people who find God to be very important in their life, but don't hodj out every 10 minutes trying to convert people. Too wide a net with that one maybe. You'll catch the quietly content as well as the jesus freaks. Or maybe it's perfectly stated and you don't want either.
Or you could be the kind of person who views religious views as someone who is weak minded and have no interest dating such a person. It's one thing if you are just trying to slam out girls but for a real long term thing there are small things that will be a big deal like what religion for you child.

Burning man is just a way for corporate people to go out and "act weird" for a weekend. Shit is like 500 dollars a ticket or something retarded.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
I'm in Florida and my guess would be that 9 out of every 10 profiles say they love BBQ's and going to the beach. Seriously.

BrotherWu

MAGA
<Silver Donator>
I say get rid of the /grin and /wink shit. Then again, what do I know? I've been sleeping with the same woman for 18 years.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Burning Man is a huge thing in the Bay Area because of the proximity. Seriously, it's easier to do things in the city that week/weekend because so many people here go. A large amount of my friends go every year. It's not a thing I'm interested in doing. Don't get me wrong, I like doing drugs. But I don't want to go to a desert in August to do them. I'm perfectly content with just taking a bus over to GGP and doing them.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
My profile is just a picture of a ballin' ass yacht. No words necessary.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
So. Uh... Guys.

Eastern Medicine Practitioner girl blindsided me hard today. I was honestly SHOCKED with this. Despite the alt style she likes. Seemed really well put together and all that. As I've mentioned. I do like piercings and tats a lot. Which this girl is all about. I, in passing, mentioned how I liked nipple rings at some point. Totally forgot we ever talked about this in any way because it was a completely innocuous passing comment a few weeks ago.

She went and got pierced up to 'surprise me.'

While I found this extremely hot. I am slightly scared now.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
What do you like about nipple rings? Makes sucking on nipples feel like you're licking a penny. Only screwed one chick with pierced nipples and it was definitely a negative for that reason..

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Yeah they're not my thing either but since I'm the thread prude I figured that went without saying

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Not sure I can put my finger on the reason. One of those things that I just find really really hot. I don't question it. Licking them doesn't bother me in the slightest.

But I am really attracted to girls with piercings/ink/etc. Not ear gauges though, that shit is ugly.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
If they have big enough gauges, it gives you two bonus holes. Nipple rings and clit piercings are ugly though.