Recommend a dating site

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
We aren't talking about you wanting to fuck a full-sleeved person or not, we're talking about the work place. Or at least that picture, Alex, and myself were. Maybe it's because Alex and I live in California, but really, it's not a big deal and you can even see it on police, city/county office workers, high-paid white collar professional, etc.
Have you seen sleeves on:
- Any VP+ officer at IBM or Goldman Sachs?
- Any surgeon?
- A director of any NASA facility?
- The superintendent of a large school district?
- Partners at a large law firm?

Heavy ink may not stop you from making 6 figures as a high-level IT professional, software engineer or industrial designer, but you are kidding yourself if you think they are universally accepted across professions. I'm specifically disagreeing with this:
Full sleeves really aren't a big deal for either sex.
Depending on your career choice and your aspirations within that career, it could be a "big deal". Though people on those paths should already know that. I personally know at least two people that got lesser ink lasered off as their career progressed because they didn't want to be judged or limited by it. One of those was an exec at a marketing agency. It varies firm to firm; I'm sure ink is completely accepted at some agencies.

And yes, being in Cali is probably skewing you to some degree. For instance, I work for a small tech company and if we saw ink on an engineering candidate (meaning the tattoo can't be hidden by business attire or they thought it was a good idea to show it off), the interview is moot. Then again, it's a small, conservative company in a conservative industry. Know your audience.

Also, sorry for apparently targeting you on this. I've seen a number of posters say tattoos are universally acceptable and I happened to reply to your post instance. Just my 2 cents on the issue on the whole, not trying to give you shit specifically.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Am I missing something? Koi fish are a very popular Japanese style tattoo.
Oh yeah, definitely. I wasn't saying anything weird about it. Koi fish are obviously a top 5 tattoo all over the world. Super popular. I see em every day.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
I have a thing for Tweety Bird tattoos
Thugged out Tweety?

rrr_img_118608.jpg

OneofOne

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Have you seen sleeves on:
- Any VP+ officer at IBM or Goldman Sachs? - I don't know any
- Any surgeon? - yes actually, not full, maybe 3/4, does that count? SFGH - Kuriin works there I think (?) and may know more
- A director of any NASA facility? - I don't know any
- The superintendent of a large school district? - again, about 3/4, close enough? What qualifies as large?
- Partners at a large law firm? - only one I know is an old Jewish guy so, no
Oh no worries, I don't think you're attacking me. I just think we live in very different parts of the country. You also list professions (usually) filled by old(er) men so I think that skews the demographic too. I'm not saying you can become POTUS with lots of tats, I just don't think that pic is accurate with regards to this particular type of tat.

Anyways, I don't even have a single tat, so I have no dog in this fight /shrug

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Oh no worries, I don't think you're attacking me. I just think we live in very different parts of the country. You also list professions (usually) filled by old(er) men so I think that skews the demographic too. I'm not saying you can become POTUS with lots of tats, I just don't think that pic is accurate with regards to this particular type of tat.

Anyways, I don't even have a single tat, so I have no dog in this fight /shrug
Maybe it is more accepted than I thought. I've never seen ink on a MD or a school district officer. Which is why I used them as examples, but apparently they aren't as universal as I thought.

It probably doesn't help that they are much less common around me and the first example of heavy ink I met is my dipshit cousin that has never progressed from hourly retail work. But that was his destiny, ink or not. And I have a friend with a $$$ job in web development at a good company that has a lot of ink.

It definitely isn't the universal professional showstopper it used to be.

Khane

In some areas of the country it's more acceptable. And in some professions it's far less acceptable.

You're both right.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
West coast is best coast. Tattoos out here mean almost nothing outside of a select few industries. I think recently they allowed cops to have visible tattoos so you see cops with sleeves. The regional manager of my work who probably makes 250k has a full body suit and even a small neck tattoo.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
So, what was the consensus on decent sites? Friend of mine suggested I do Tinder, but not sure I'm cool with giving them access to my FB

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
So, what was the consensus on decent sites? Friend of mine suggested I do Tinder, but not sure I'm cool with giving them access to my FB
I'm not sure there is a consensus. While I would say that Match is good because it got me my current serious relationship, another person will say they had shit luck with it.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
You'll likely use more than one from what I've heard. You will be paying for at least one too. OKC and Tinder have solid free to use platforms, but everything else makes you pay a sub to arrange anything with the other party. Match and POF are allegedly the largest ones.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
You don't need to find the best site because it widely varies geographically. If you're not on all the major ones you're doing yourself a disservice.

Khane

And if you are on all the major ones you'll probably catch Khane syndrome. Nobody will be good enough.

Another app you can check out is Bumble. It's pretty new, especially for Android - it was Iphone only for the longest time. The premise is that is it pretty much like Tinder, but once matched, only the girl can message first and she has to do it within 24 hours or the match is gone forever.

Basically, by forcing the girl to message you first, she is already showing some interest and taking initiative. One (male) friend who has had success on it said it was like shooting fish out of a barrel.

Khane

They're all like shooting fish in a barrel. Figuratively speaking of course.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Tinder is low effort, but it can be feast or famine. Some chicks just use it for ego boost and either never respond, or just phish for complements with no intention of dating. I initially had *AMAZING* success with it, but it's petered off somewhat. The biggest negative is that it doesn't contain any basic info unless they write it in their caption blurb, which means you can match with someone, start chatting, then find out she's religious or has kids and end up wasting your time. Match and other sites force you to fill this info out, so you don't waste time messaging people that don't align with your basic criteria. On the flipside, you frequently message people on these sites that aren't interested, while with Tinder you know right off the bat that they are at least superficially interested.

As for the FB concern, I was wary as well, but really all it does is access your photo album and job/education-- it doesn't post anything to FB.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
I initially had *AMAZING* success with it, but it's petered off somewhat.
Isn't that normal for Tinder because when you first signed up, you rated a million girls and all the current girls saw you as new, so they'd all rate you at once. Once you're through the current "pool" you only get new users so the flow of matches should slow down considerably after the initial rush.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Isn't that normal for Tinder because when you first signed up, you rated a million girls and all the current girls saw you as new, so they'd all rate you at once. Once you're through the current "pool" you only get new users so the flow of matches should slow down considerably after the initial rush.
Hah, I was referring to quality not quantity, Miss Rachel to be specific. But you are correct in a sense, you get the most matches at the start because you're going up against the whole existing community, then once you run through that you average about 50 new matches per day depending on your specified range.

Actually matched with a French Canadian chick from my same hometown last week (talk about the odds) that lives in Plano, and we had a great first date, but she has fucking kids.. I usually never do kids and now I'm really torn..