Recommend a dating site

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Nah just opening the email from your email account doesn't notify Match of anything unless you click on one of the match links from within the email
No, I think Gnome is right. The Match emails are just this image which loads within your email client from the Match servers. If you load that image while having an active session it marks you as having visited. I've had this same conversation with a coworker that ran into the exact situation described above.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
I don't know if she believes me or not. I'm upset with her because of the too-extreme reaction and I'm pissed at Match for putting me in this situation.
I don't think it's cool that she made such a jump to a conclusion with such flimsy evidence. Maybe she was already suspicious and seeing that "visited one day ago" was confirmation bias for her? Does she normally overreact to things, or is something wrong?

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
My Google Fu tells me this happens to a lot of people. I basically just click on the email to delete it, but in doing so, marks me as active on their site.

This is the first mega-reaction she's shown. What's odd is that she doesn't understand why I was so upset about her accusations.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
And now, after all this, she just sent me a text saying she wants me to spend Thanksgiving with her and her family.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's smart women?

Seriously, that doesn't make as much sense. If she's attractive and not crazy...taken. Etc.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
It makes more sense if you're not a shithead who goes after women who aren't single.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The point is whenever you find one who's attractive and not crazy, she's already taken. That has nothing to do with if you are going to "go after" her. I see how the smart can be substituted, but I think the single version is more accurate.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hell, the only women I know who aren't taken are either complete airheads or complete uggos.

And this includes the black ones!

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
I thought it was good cook/good fuck/sane.

I notice that there are lots of versions of that 3 legged stool, but sane is always one of the legs.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
Now she's texting me all the (good) things she wants to do to my peepee. Yep, it's gonna be a roller coaster ride with this one.

quse

the pupe
Single/sane/attractive. Pick any two.
This is directly applicable to the male sex as well. From all but one of my experiences since stepping into the online dating world(*), the "sane" statement is firmly replaced with "an adult".

* and I fucking hate it

Hoss

Make America's Team Great Again
<Gold Donor>
So, when I was single I was ugly, but now that I'm married, I'm attractive? Is that how that works?

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Well, yes, pre-selection and whatnot.

Women do find men who are in relationships as more attractive than single guys.

Gnomedolf

<Silver Donator>
When I first signed up for Match, I decided to make a commitment (ha!) and pre-paid for 6 months service. I forgot it auto-renewed, so a couple days ago I found out the hard way that they don't give refunds. At all. So now I'm paid up for 6 months again and I don't need it right now.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Just caught up the Gnome's issue. While I generally try to avoid the typical internet advice of "If anything goes wrong abandon ship!!" but in this case this probably speaks to her having some major trust issues. I'd be extremely reluctant of someone who willingly goes out of their way to snoop on you.